Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 02 2013
By: omagagon First Son 6 posts

A school boy trying to make a app...

[ Edited ]
4 replies 124 views Edited May 2, 2013

Dear, Sony and playstation,

I'm trying to make an app for gamers to connect and Share their game progress, trophies, gaming data and cross-battles ( it's when you take a ps3 and a Xbox game
That are the same you can compare states and it will give your rank agents a group or friend, but what I wanted to do is have cross-play like when you sink the resistance 3 on the PS3 to resistance: burning sky's on the PSP vita, except you cross play with the PS3 and Xbox or wii/wii-u, PSP /PSP vita, PC Versions, old consoles, tablets, smart phones and other states like the states from a old arcade game or new arcade game.) I hope you reply to me not too late because I might be at school ( 8:00am-3:00pm, some times i stay late till 5:00pm) or unable to answer your call, email or text.

Sincerely,

Desmond, a loyal Sony/playstation consumer.
Ps. Sorry for the long email but I have a lot to say. :smileywink:

edit: personal information removed

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (124 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Re: A school boy trying to make a app...

May 2, 2013

wrong place to post this, we are not sony

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (103 Views)
Survivor
2607 posts

May 2, 2013

PlayStation-Xbox cross-play? You are asking for the impossible. Not that it can't be done, they just won't let it be done. Whether it's Sony or Microsoft (mostly Microsoft) stops Cross-play from happening. You're not the first person to ask for that. An other cross-play games, like with PS3 and Vita is easy because of how similar the specs are. Very few games have PS3/PC cross-play and I don't think Xbox has any cross-play at all.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (98 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24774 posts

May 2, 2013

You can try submitting it to the Blog Share site.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

But to be honest, I don't see it happening. Sony and Microsoft aren't suddenly going to be swell guys, and get a long for the betterment of the gamer community.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7562 posts

May 2, 2013
You can code this yourself if you wanted to just have one big profile that indexes all your gaming accounts. Steam, PSN and XBL have APIs that share raw data (or scrape it, if they don't) then you'd just have to code the website itself. It would be intensive though.

If you meant to synchronize save games or achievements/trophies/whatever between platforms, good luck. It's likely not going to happen because of differing save schemes.

I don't see competitors (or sort of, Valve has a slight alliance with Sony last time I checked) getting together to unify their services.
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (68 Views)
0 Likes