Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 15 2012
By: TMAZT3R Uncharted Territory 1670 posts

A question to ask FEB'ers

14 replies 6 views Edited Feb 15, 2012

How is the browser did they fix anything yet, I know that is a lame question, but since this will be the only thing I will use for a handheld browser because I do not want to touch my ipod touch after I have mine. Also does it support video kow?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
841 posts

Re: A question to ask FEB'ers

Feb 15, 2012

The brower is AWESOME! The vita has a Quad-Core processer, so it runs really fast. Pages load in just a few seconds.

I am unable, at this time, to go on youtube or any site that is flash-based. I believe the vita uses HTML5.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
447 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Video was supported with the update, as far as youtube goes as long as you use the html5 youtube link it's fine, the vita doesn't seem to natively support flash (no big deal adobe is abandoning it anyways) so there seems to be no issue aside from sites not following the standards.

Ill give more impressions later on, still fiddling with settings and such lol, theres a neat new banner feature for use with your avatar, it then puts your custom banner underneath games with your scores vs friends etc its neat!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
841 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Html5 link? I didn't notice 2 links before, but then again I wasnt paying much attention. how can I tell if a link is an HTML5 link?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Do you mean camera vidoe because I knew that, that was 1.6v, but what about browser video and yes how do you tell the difference if one supports HTML5?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
95 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Ming_Dragon wrote:

The brower is AWESOME! The vita has a Quad-Core processer, so it runs really fast. Pages load in just a few seconds.

I am unable, at this time, to go on youtube or any site that is flash-based. I believe the vita uses HTML5.

Say what? No, the browser is one of the terrible things about the Vita.

Mine displays a checkerboard even when the page is fully loaded.

Touch accuracy seems ok though.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Ah so it still does that hmm okay well I hope they fix it by the 22nd.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
841 posts

Feb 15, 2012

I am not experiencing that problem at all. Are you positive your connection is strong? For a moment I get the checker pattern, but then the page loads up just fine.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
95 posts

Feb 15, 2012

TMAZT3R wrote:

Ah so it still does that hmm okay well I hope they fix it by the 22nd.

It can probably be fixed easily with a software update so I wouldn't worry much.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
95 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Ming_Dragon wrote:

I am not experiencing that problem at all. Are you positive your connection is strong? For a moment I get the checker pattern, but then the page loads up just fine.

When I scroll down, I see a bit of the checker pattern at the bottom of my screen.

Technically, once all the elements on the page are downloaded, it doesnt matter whether your signal is weak or strong.

It shouldn't show the pattern because it's not downloading anymore elements on the page.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (6 Views)
0 Likes