Mar 08 2013
By: AzorthArthas First Son 4 posts

A qestion about the Sony Pulse 7.1 Headset Elite Edition

5 replies 221 views Edited Mar 8, 2013

Hello everyone. I recently bought a Sony Pulse Headset, and I'm competely satisfied by the sound quality. I just have one problem with it though, the battery doesn't seem to last very long, something around 4 to 5 hours.

What I'd like to know is if there's any way to play it wired? Using some sort of cable, like the USB or P2 cable? I tried connecting the P2 cable on the USB reciever, the led displayed in green, meaning it was in Analog mode, but the only sound I get was just static.

So, is there any way to use the headset in a way so I don't have to rely on the battery, just like a regular wired headset?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6 (221 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11164 posts

Re: A qestion about the Sony Pulse 7.1 Headset Elite Edition

Mar 8, 2013

I usually have my computer (a MacBook w/ USB3.0) near me when I play the PS3...  it works pretty well if my headset gives me the low battery message to plug a USB cable from my computer to my headset to charge it while I play (just have to remember to take the headset off if I get up to get a drink or something).

Message 2 of 6 (217 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 10, 2013

But is that completely safe to do? Is there any way that using my headset while charging on my computer can harm my headset in any way?

Thanks for the tip anyway.

Message 3 of 6 (201 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 13, 2013

Up. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 6 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 13, 2013

AzorthArthas wrote:

But is that completely safe to do? Is there any way that using my headset while charging on my computer can harm my headset in any way?

Thanks for the tip anyway.

It won't hurt your headset. I have had my headset turned on (in use) and hooked the headset up via USB cable directly to my PS 3 while it recharges and it has not damaged it at all. The same applies with charging it via a computer.

Message 5 of 6 (182 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

PapaWarlock

I'll test it then. I sure hope you're right about it, don't wanna my brand new headset to be broken Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Message 6 of 6 (170 Views)
0 Likes