First Son
3 posts

Re: A new Ratchet & Clank for PS4?

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2013

If we're bringing Ratchet to the PlayStation 4 I'd like Insomniac (or whoever takes the series from them) to rethink the scope of the game and maybe impliment a more open structure in terms of gameplay and story. Even though the current formula isn't broken, I think that it's about time for some sprucing up. Ratchet & Clank most certainly will get more installments though. Don't forget that the Ratchet & Clank movie is coming out early 2015 - and with what I'm going to assume will be an increased interest in the series, I'm sure we'll get another trilogy. I'm going to bet we'll get more "All 4 One" and "Full Frontal Assault" type games too - which isn't nececerally a bad thing, but something to think about. 

Hey kid, you want a toothpick?
Message 11 of 21 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Dec 14, 2013

It would certainly be nifty

I would want them to take it completely seriously, though. Put all attention into it and expand it as much as possible

photo 2224291_zps9f29b322.jpg
This is mah signature. It is a noice signature.
Message 12 of 21 (160 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 17, 2013

I'm willing to bet we get a PS4 game to coincide with the release of the movie. I'm sure it will be pretty in-depth and I'd be willing to bet that Insomniac is starting on it now. We might get a preview at E3 this year.

My opinion was the R&C Into the Nexus was just a teaser to introduce people to the gameplay style of the classic R&C games and to show us loyal fans that they've not lost their way and are getting back to the basics of what made R&C great. It is an indication that this is the type of game we'll see on the PS4 and not R&C in a Mario Kart style game (can you imagine the grav streams on PS4!).

Message 13 of 21 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Dec 25, 2013
Yep, the end of Into the Nexus tells it all! I can't WAIT for a FULL LENGTH Ratchet and Clank on the PS4! Please, Insomniac, if you read these boards at all: Give us a bit more explore freedom and rewards, it's the main thing I found fun all these years and why I bought EVERY R&C game. Well, and leveling up weapons, and the humor, the inside jokes, the breaking crates, the MOVING PLANTS on the ground! Hehe.

Please bring a full, real R&C to the PS4. Thank you! Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 21 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Dec 27, 2013

I would, I want, and I will want Ratchet and Clank GAMES for PS4. I love every single game in the series (counting series that excludes All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault even though they are fun in their own respect).

I just got Into the Nexus, and I love the slightly different control scheme, which feels like a new improvement for aiming and shooting. I now got used to their new art style that started with All 4 One.

Only gripe I have with Into the Nexus is that it isn't running in 60 fps. For me a Ratchet and Clank game MUST HAVE smooth gameplay and animation. But in PS4 that can be easily fixed, so it can run on 1080p and 60 fps.

Seriously, even if Insomniac just makes a Halo Aniversary style HD remake for PS4 of Ratchet and Clank 1 for 2015's movie, Ill preordered it!

Message 15 of 21 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Jan 2, 2014

Of course! I want to see Ratchet, Jak and Sly come on the PS4!

Message 16 of 21 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
245 posts

Jan 8, 2014

Was this even a question that needed to be asked? Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 21 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Jan 10, 2014

I'd love to see a more open world-ish Ratchet & Clank game for PS4. I hope free space travel makes its return as well (from ACiT). I would like to see Insomniac Games move away from the lineair gameplay they are implementing in R&C and try to experiment with open world gameplay, kind of like the Sly Cooper games (especially Sly 2 and 3). Have multiple planets on which you can freely walk around, without having to follow a certain path on a planet to make it to the 'end' of the planet. That 'end' of the planet thing should also be forgotten. There should not be an end. The end should always be your ship, when you're leaving the planet.

Message 18 of 21 (92 Views)
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Jan 23, 2014
Yes Yes Yes, Oh, i forgot to mention Yes
Twitch: Twitch.tv/FathomXelxTV
Facebook: Fathom Xalx or FathomXalxTV
Twitter: Fathom XalxTV
Ustream: FathomXelxTV
Gmail: FathomXalx@gmail.com

Message 19 of 21 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7402 posts

Jan 23, 2014
Yes I'd love to see a new Ratchet and Clank game on ps4 and psvita.
Message 20 of 21 (71 Views)