Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 18 2013
By: warr1or787 Splicer 43 posts

A lot of PS Vita news in conferance this morning!!!!!

14 replies 481 views Edited Feb 18, 2013

So ahead of Sony’s big announcement on the 20th February, Sony Japan announced that it would be broadcasting a special
prerecorded announcement last night. This is what we have been able to get from it (bear in mind that all dates here are for
Japan only and that the announcement was in Japanese so our translation might be slightly off in some aspects, but we’ve got all
the major stuff!).

Ok here we go! SCEJ President Hiroshi Kawano was the man tasked with making this announcement and made quite a number
of interesting and exciting announcements over the course of the 30 or so minute long video.

First up a Vita price drop! Not entirely unexpected however in a strange move the wifi and 3G models will now be the same price in
Japan 19,980 Yen. No news as of yet on a US or European price drop but expect them to be announced over the next few days.

Free Playstation Plus for all for Vita for 7 days! Nice little touch means all vita users can give it a try and see what it’s like.
Again this is Japan only for now but expect US/EU announcements soon (likely through the respective Playstation blogs).

Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Ridge Racer plus 4 other titles (not announced) are coming to PS Plus in February.
Again Japan only and we already have Uncharted however Ridge Racer would be nice to see on the service (hint hint Sony EU).

Playstation Store Vita Debut Campaign was announced. Basically first time buyers on the Vita Store will get 200 Yen credit
(about £1.50/$2) nice touch again hope the bring this over to the west.

Phantasy Star Online 2 service begins on the 28th of February and was showcased alongside the new Ice Silver Vita which was
also dated for the 28th February (and will come bundled with PSO2). PSO2 if you didn’t know is a free to play MMORPG, and will
allow users to use their PC version data etc. This looks amazing so far and stays true to the series roots on the Dreamcast.
There is a detailed character customization system.

Toukiden was announced for both Vita and PSP it is an action hunting style game in a similar vein to the Monster Hunter series,
some footage was shown off and it looks amazing so far (probably the best looking game on Vita to date)  though it is
still a while off as it has been slated for summer 2013 (in Japan).

A brand new video was shown off for Soul Sacrifice, Keiji Inafune from Concept then took over to discuss development on the Vita,
say that it is easy to develop for, allows for pretty graphics and that they wanted controls that did not frustrate or confuse players, this
combination is only available on the Vita. This game has been in development for 2 years already and is coming along very nicely
indeed judging from the footage shown. It’s a 3rd person fantasy action RPG style game. Really hope this one makes it’s way over
here as it looks amazing so far!. More Vita bundles this time with Soul Sacrifice bundled were also announced.

Valhalla Knights was dated for 23rd May (Japan) and a trailer was shown off. This is another 3rd person RPG, it looks OK so far
but pales in comparison to anything else on show here.

Eiyuu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki trailer was shown off. It is now a 3D action/JRPG game with a free control camera system. The
character models are straight out of Japanese Manga and seem to mostly be Japanese schoolgirls with ridiculously short skirts!
Though you can also play as a school boy! This is very likely to be Japan only.

Gundam Breaker was discussed and confirmed to be coming for both PS3 and Vita (here’s hoping for cross buy!) and will be
released in 2013, though no firm date was given. 3rd person action/fighting game where you play as a giant robot (looks almost
exactly like the old Transformer cartoon). Likely Japan only again for this one.

God Eater 2 trailer. (see it here) God Eater Burst data can be transferred over to GE2 and God Eater Burst will be able to be
transferred to Vita for free at the end of February (if you own the PSP version of course). Again this is a Japan only feature but
would be nice if we could see something similar! Crisis Core on Vita? (not announced here sadly) Yes please! GE2 is a 3rd person
action/fighting game where you take on massive monsters/gods. This game looks great so far and has by far the most ridiculously
oversized weapons I have ever seen in a game!

A new Dragon’s Crown trailer was then shown off. It is a side scrolling fantasy beat em up syle game with RPG and magic
elements and reminded me very much of the original Golden Axe. This is something the Vita has been crying out for and is one to
look out for in the future!

And finally one last game was announced Final Fantasy X HD is indeed coming to Vita! It is currently in development (though sadly
no release date as of yet) and footage of some of the character models (Tidus and Yuna) was shown on the Vita. It looks
absolutely stunning! The graphics are almost as good as FFXIII

Some more trailers were shown for games releasing between now and March but nothing new so that’s a wrap!

Slightly underwhelmed by this announcement however they did announce 2 out of the 3 things that many Vita users (Current and
potential) were hoping for: a price drop and a bunch of games. However it is a slight worry that they didn’t announce any kind of
price drop (or even larger storage capacities) for their prohibitively expensive Vita Memory Cards.

Overall though Sony have done a pretty good job of showing support for the Vita and of keeping the momentum going in building
up to their big press event on the 20th. Keep it 42 on the 20th from 11PM GMT for live tweets about the event and an article detailing
any announcements made shortly after the conclusion of the press conference.

Source:

Andy Urquhart

http://www.42levelone.co.uk/html/sony_japan_ps_vita_announcemen.html

So what are your opinion is this the first step for PS vita getting up and going???

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (481 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Re: A lot of PS Vita news in conferance this morning!!!!!

Feb 18, 2013

Only two things caught my ear, Phantasy Star Online 2 (I played the hell out of PSU on my 360 and would love a shot at the new one) and a price drop.

The rest was just so much noise.  Still waiting to hear about them dropping the price in memory cards (The real money eater).

BF3 Stats

Xbox Gamer since 2008, bought a PS3 2013.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Thanks for posting the summary since I didn't feel like watching a video I wouldn't understand (don't know Japanese).

Price drop is cool, but since I already own one, I don't really care. That being said, if it increases sales, that can only be a good thing moving forward. The Black Friday/Holiday discounts (which I partook in) brought in a huge increase in sales, so this could very well do that same.

I do share the disappointment with the author that no price drop on the memory cards was mentioned. It has been rumored to be coming though, so not losing hope. Even then, it's more because I think it'd increase sales rather than my need to get another memory card.

The "PS Store Vita Debut Campaign" is interesting. It worries me that it mentions "first time buyers" though. Then again, the only games I've "bought" on the Vita PS Store are the free/IGC games. The only time I actually spent money on a game was using the online store on my PC, so maybe I'd be considered a first time buyer? shrug.

Looking forward to PSO2. Never played the original, but from what I've seen of PSO2, it looks pretty fun, and this summary did answer the one question I had and was hoping for - PC/Vita shared data! I'm a huge PC gamer so to be able to play PSO2 on my PC and then keep playing on my Vita is going to be awesome.

Toukiden looks sweet, but don't know if it's really my type of game (never played Monster Hunter).

Soul Sacrifice I already want (it's the main reason I bought a Vita), but would still like to know if digital pre-orders will get bonuses.

I love the art style of Dragon's Crown, but I don't know about the gameplay. I really hope they release a demo because otherwise I don't think it's the type of game I can have blind faith in.

FFX HD looks sweet, but I've never played an FF game. I did just purchase FF7 through the sale though, so maybe by the time FFX is released, I'll have finished FF7 and be hooked on the series, who knows!

A little worried/disappointed nothing was shown for Warrior's Lair (Ruin). We need to at least know it's still in development!

Overall, pretty cool online-conference. I really hope the event on the 20th has some Vita stuff and isn't all about the PS4.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (446 Views)
MVP Support
12020 posts

Feb 18, 2013

warr1or787 wrote:

First up a Vita price drop! Not entirely unexpected however in a strange move the wifi and 3G models will now be the same price

Not a strange move. I have a feeling they're priced the same in order to clear excess inventory of the 3G model.

They're probably going to start phasing it out or something, considering all bundles have been Wifi Only after launch.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Feb 18, 2013
i only have 2 things to say, 1. good for the japanese people now what about us americans, 2. Final Fantasy X HD is just a HD version of the game so only a little change in graphics so it cant be as good as Final Fantasy XIII graphics. sigh
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (414 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6990 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Freedom_Gundam12 wrote:
i only have 2 things to say, 1. good for the japanese people now what about us americans, 2. Final Fantasy X HD is just a HD version of the game so only a little change in graphics so it cant be as good as Final Fantasy XIII graphics. sigh

We have to wait for sony's New York event on wednesday. i have a feeling we will get new psvita game announcements and some major psvita news. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Feb 18, 2013
FF X HD is a lot better than the crap we are getting now. The latest FF are an insult to the franchise so I'd rather see remakes at this point.

At least with the remakes we get a good story and a good system, even if we already played them. Seeing the characters you loved in HD is always a plus.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (379 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Feb 18, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Looking forward to PSO2. Never played the original, but from what I've seen of PSO2, it looks pretty fun, and this summary did answer the one question I had and was hoping for - PC/Vita shared data! I'm a huge PC gamer so to be able to play PSO2 on my PC and then keep playing on my Vita is going to be awesome.

Toukiden looks sweet, but don't know if it's really my type of game (never played Monster Hunter).

Soul Sacrifice I already want (it's the main reason I bought a Vita), but would still like to know if digital pre-orders will get bonuses.

I love the art style of Dragon's Crown, but I don't know about the gameplay. I really hope they release a demo because otherwise I don't think it's the type of game I can have blind faith in.

Overall, pretty cool online-conference. I really hope the event on the 20th has some Vita stuff and isn't all about the PS4.

I'm really interested in seeing Phantasy Star Online 2 come stateside. Not really entirely sure I'm fond of an MMO per se on the Vita, but if I have some friends that will play the game with me, I'd be far more interested in playing, or if solo gaming is a viable option.

I probably won't get Toukiden myself but will likely pick up Soul Sacrifice at some point. Not a Day 1 purchase though. Same with Dragon's Crown. Looks like a cross between Golden Axe and some of the older D&D arcade games.

Well just about 48 hours to go until we see what the big fuss is about :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (350 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1097 posts

Feb 18, 2013

http://www.videogamer.com/news/scee_nothing_to_announce_regards_playstation_vita_uk_price_cut.html?

From what this article states the price cut will be only available in Japan. Which makes sense, since the Vita is not doing very well there. Hopefully there will be news on a memory price cut, since I personally know people who are just waiting for the memory to become affordable before taking the plunge.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Its nice to see the vita get a price drop.199 is a great price for great hardware.best hand held ever

I still got a great deal on my bundle..

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (292 Views)
0 Likes