Apr 23 2012
By: pencru First Son 8 posts

A little suggestion.

6 replies 20 views Edited Apr 23, 2012

For a while now I've been having gripes over having to use the touch screen on the LiveArea menu instead of being given the option to use the D-pad to move around. I've come to terms with it after a bit when I finally realized that you can switch between apps by pressing the left and right arrows on the screen instead of swiping.

What I was hoping for was that the next update would include UP AND DOWN buttons in order for us to switch pages through taps instead of swipes. It would save a bit of unnecessary marks from getting on the screen and decrease chances of scratching. Do any of you agree? I mean, at least there's an option for that.. or put in physical navigation entirely.

Message 1 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4922 posts

Re: A little suggestion.

Apr 24, 2012

I said that the PS Vita should use buttons and touchscreen many times on here and I got bashed viciously. I just thought I would give you a heads up that you'll probably recieve a flood of childish and rude comments soon for having an opinion that many people on here don't agree with.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
210+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 2 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Apr 24, 2012

You know how many times you would have to press the down button in order to turn the page? 3 times, because you will have to go through the apps/games in order to get to the other page. Then having to do it multiple times to just browse the game you want to find is going to be irritating. Swipping the screen does leave a fingerpring smudge, but you can just wipe it off in less than a second!

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 3 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13578 posts

Apr 24, 2012

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

You know how many times you would have to press the down button in order to turn the page? 3 times, because you will have to go through the apps/games in order to get to the other page. Then having to do it multiple times to just browse the game you want to find is going to be irritating. Swipping the screen does leave a fingerpring smudge, but you can just wipe it off in less than a second!

Photobucket Long Live Play!

Because pressing a button 3 times takes SO much effort.

All they want is the OPTION to use buttons.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Apr 24, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

Photobucket Long Live Play!

Because pressing a button 3 times takes SO much effort.

All they want is the OPTION to use buttons.

Sure, let them have the option to go the long way. I don't mind, I'm just sharing my opinion.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 5 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Apr 27, 2012

They could always map the left analog/d-pad for selection and the right analog for page scrolling. Wouldn't be too hard, right?

Thanks for your opinion though; it made me think about it for a while.

Message 6 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
623 posts

Apr 27, 2012

Another possible option could be to navigate through different home pages with the rear touch screen like how the Facebook app used it. Just a thought...

"When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you, or what you have been conditioned to believe is you? The two are so, so different. One is an infinite consciousness capable of being and creating whatever it chooses, the other is an illusion imprisoned by its own perceived and programmed limitations."
David Icke
Message 7 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes