Feb 02 2013
By: Arkiel_Monster Monster Hunter 37 posts

A bit of confusion (Help topic)

6 replies 85 views Edited Feb 2, 2013

Hello, 

okay so today I got an e-mail via my main accounts address. The sender was PlayStation Network and the subject was "Status of your PlayStation Network Account". Now perhaps I should have been a bit more weary but I was half asleep when I checked it...  ^^:  Anyways, when I opened the e-mail it was completely blank. No text or pictures. Could this have been a mistake or something else? Just curious to see if anyone has gotten this or knows what it could be. Thank you.

Message 1 of 7 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55494 posts

Re: A bit of confusion (Help topic)

Feb 2, 2013

Arkiel_Monster wrote:

Hello, 

okay so today I got an e-mail via my main accounts address. The sender was PlayStation Network and the subject was "Status of your PlayStation Network Account". Now perhaps I should have been a bit more weary but I was half asleep when I checked it...  ^^:  Anyways, when I opened the e-mail it was completely blank. No text or pictures. Could this have been a mistake or something else? Just curious to see if anyone has gotten this or knows what it could be. Thank you.

I didn't get any blank emails.  If it is blank I would just ignore it.

Message 2 of 7 (77 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40615 posts

Feb 2, 2013

I've never had a blank enail either, are you sure it's not just looking blank when in actual fact all you need to do is choose to download the rest of the message before being able to read it?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 3 of 7 (75 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Feb 3, 2013
It happen at me too just this morning. Idk what it is tho.... I wish be curious to know it too
Message 4 of 7 (58 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 3, 2013
Btw just change your password fire safety
Message 5 of 7 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Hmm... I had considered ignoring it and I changed my IP address and password... so... I'm hoping that'll be enough. 

@BRIT-KO  Positive... Even when I clicked on the "Display Pictures Below" nothing showed up.  o.0 

------------------

I dunno what this is and I hope it's nothing but I thank everyone for their suggestions.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Feb 3, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

I've never had a blank enail either, are you sure it's not just looking blank when in actual fact all you need to do is choose to download the rest of the message before being able to read it?

I have received no blank emails, or any emails from PSN for that matter.

I find it odd, how many "new" members are on here within the past week, having issues with "hacking", strange PSN Emails, and the like.

Is there some initiative out there, that I am not aware of, to steal information? I would think, in this day and age of technology that people would be more careful about their information, and know what types of email are BS or even malicious.  It just takes a little common sense to know when you are being played, or when someone is doing something that is not on the level.

Just be careful everyone.

Moble

Message 7 of 7 (43 Views)