Do you mean 
Jan 30 2014
By: PaperCarrier Survivor 2594 posts
  • Find more conversations like this:
  • Other

A Whole Lotta PlayStation! :)

[ Edited ]
5 replies 368 views Edited Jan 30, 2014

I got 2 PS4's, another PS3 after YLoD and Vita! 

Let's start with the PS3.  I bought a 60GB PS3 from Walmart bright and early on launch day, I sold the PS2 Slim but kept the games had cause my PS3 was fully backwards compatible. The sad news is that my good old 60GB PS3 finally kicked the bucket last month (after 7 years owning it) while playing Minecraft so I later went to went to Walmart and bought one of those 'TLoU' Super-Slim PS3 bundles and that keeps me going. I can't play the PS2 games anymore but still have them. 

Now the PS4.  I had pre-ordered 2 of these just after last-year's E3 (One for my home and one to keep at my mom's place).  I love it! It's fun but I got a little bored at it already due to the limited early games catalog so I went back to PS3 in the meantime. 

IMG_0597 ps4.JPG

I just go a Vita!  Yep, I've been thinking about getting one for a long time so I finally ordered a decent Vita bundle with memory card, case and games (Tearaway, Hotshots Golf, Call of Duty and LBP Vita)  all for under $300 from amazon and I just got it today. I'm still waiting for my copy of LBP Vita to come in but I'm trying it out once I get back home from work later on. 

IMG_0627.JPG

Message 1 of 6 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

Re: A Whole Lotta PlayStation! :)

Jan 30, 2014
Wish my 40gig didnt die, same as you my ps3 lasted 7years but my ps4 is fun :smileyhappy:
My names roastbeefbeast and I dislike most people :smileyvery-happy:
Message 2 of 6 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Jan 30, 2014

Your post got me thinking about all the Sony stuff I've bought over the years and how many boxes I've saved.

20140130_174953.jpg

Message 3 of 6 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2594 posts

Jan 31, 2014

ch2423 wrote:

Your post got me thinking about all the Sony stuff I've bought over the years and how many boxes I've saved.

20140130_174953.jpg

Oh wow, you sure went trough many PS3's. Thanks for sharing! 

Message 4 of 6 (226 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11236 posts

Jan 31, 2014

I'd rather not jinx it, but every PlayStation console I've owned in the first three generations have died on me eventually. The PlayStation first went out after about two-and-a-half years. The launch PlayStation 2 lasted almost exactly two years to the date it was bought on. The 60 GB PlayStation 3 bit the dust after approximately three years. The good news is that the replacements didn't have any issues, even lasting longer than their predecessor.

This all gets me thinking about how many PlayStation models I've owned, and of which kind. So far, I'm pretty sure the only "Slim" model I've ever owned would be that of the PlayStation 3 Slim. This launched kind of early in the PlayStation 3's lifetime in comparison to other PlayStation console spans. If I remember correctly, I don't think the PlayStation 2 Slim line launched until late into the system's life, practically almost before the PlayStation 3 was upon us.

Message 5 of 6 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Jan 31, 2014

GrayGargoyle wrote:

I'd rather not jinx it, but every PlayStation console I've owned in the first three generations have died on me eventually. The PlayStation first went out after about two-and-a-half years. The launch PlayStation 2 lasted almost exactly two years to the date it was bought on. The 60 GB PlayStation 3 bit the dust after approximately three years. The good news is that the replacements didn't have any issues, even lasting longer than their predecessor.

This all gets me thinking about how many PlayStation models I've owned, and of which kind. So far, I'm pretty sure the only "Slim" model I've ever owned would be that of the PlayStation 3 Slim. This launched kind of early in the PlayStation 3's lifetime in comparison to other PlayStation console spans. If I remember correctly, I don't think the PlayStation 2 Slim line launched until late into the system's life, practically almost before the PlayStation 3 was upon us.

I have a Playstation 1, PS one, and Playstation 3 all launch and they all work terrifically.

I had a PS2 and the laser broke BUT that was an adolesent in my household who broke it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 6 (183 Views)
0 Likes