Highlighted
Oct 12 2012
By: BlackRedAsianJew First Son 2 posts

A Unique PlayStation Experience

0 replies 69 views Edited Oct 12, 2012

I love Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. They are some of the best games I've ever played. So of course I was excited for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception to release. However, I didn't have the money to get it at launch; I got it for Christmas instead.

My friend also loved the Uncharted franchise. He was able to nab the game at launch, which made me jealous. But I didn't want to borrow the game from him; I wanted to own it.

One day, just before Winter Break started, my friend was teasing me about Uncharted 3, and he said, "Sully dies." I was so upset that he said this because that was a major spoiler. I already knew a major plot twist in the game. This ruined it for me a little bit.

Christmas came around, and I got Uncharted 3, and I was very happy. I immediately started playing it. After the first scene, when Drake and Sully get shot by Cutter, I thought, "Whelp. There he goes. Rest in peace, Sully." I was already expecting it, so I wasn't really surprised. Then when it was revealed that it was a set-up, I was thrown off. I was happy that Sully got to live longer; I still expected him to die eventually, though.

So when I got to the part when Talbot shoots Sully, I thought for sure that Sully was dead. I thought it was the end of Sully in all future Uncharted games. But then, something miraculous happened: Drake (and I) found out that Sully wasn't really dead. Drake was just hallucinating. I couldn't believe. I was speechless. This went against what my friend had said, and since it was near the end of the game, I didn't think there was a chance of Sully dying anymore.

My friend telling me that Sully died in Uncharted 3 before I played it turned out to be a good thing. It made me happier to Sully alive, especially the second time around. I guess my friend knew what he was doing, and I thank him for it.

Message 1 of 1 (69 Views)
0 Likes