Aug 01 2012
By: kbelly21 First Son 4 posts

A Shout Out to the PSN Community( please read and make my day)

2 replies 86 views Edited Aug 1, 2012

I bought my first PS3 in April of this year after being forced to retire at 44 because I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I consider myself a casual gamer since I started playing with the introspection of Pong. I've gone through all the gaming systems from Atari 2600 to my current PS3. I had no idea though what I was in store for when I joined the PSN community in April. The expansion of gaming truly blew my mind. It has completely changed my life perspective. I am loving everything there is about gaming. I know I'm late to the party and all and I wish I would've paid more attention back in the day. The thing is, I'm here now and couldn't be happier. I truly saw nothing on the horizon being able to pull me out of my funk. Well, let me tell you, the PS3 and the PSN community have done just that. Thank you! I love waking up every morning and reading all the reviews and blogs, watching the gameplay videos on PSStore and Pulse. It truly pumps me up every day to play and play and play. I haven't had that feeling since my athletic years way back in the day. I used to wake up every day dreading what the daily grind was going to do to me. Most of you won't truly experience this for another 10-15 years. Don't get me wrong though. I do believe most of the daily grind is a necessary evil. It does help mold your character for the future. All of that is beside the point. Back to why were here, my love for gaming and the PSN community.

I have already met some quality individuals through the network. These individuals have no idea how special they are in helping me along during these difficult times. Being invited to play in co-op or multiplayer modes really does make my day. I don't know any of these individuals personally. I met them because of the PSNetwork and I couldn't be more thankful. So, in closing let me say out loud to all of you, THANK YOU!! For including me in your day and your gaming experiences. I am truly enjoying every minute of my life now because of you.

Sincerely,

Kelly M. Bell

P.S.. Anyone out there that wants to help me enjoy all of this can friend me anytime. My ID is kbelly21. I'm looking forward to meeting and playing with all of you. GAME ON!!

Message 1 of 3 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
7 posts

Re: A Shout Out to the PSN Community( please read and make my day)

Aug 2, 2012

my id is shredystevie. my grandad just went through cancer, i am glad your at least enjoying yourself. we are a community, and we should all be here for one another. we are the playstation network. im glad gaming has come to this. bringing people together just to have a good time and have good support. i have a severe depression issue that happens when im alone to long or if my mind is running so i play games. the PS community has helped me too. add me on psn man. id be happy to game with you

Message 2 of 3 (78 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: A Shout Out to the PSN Community( please read and make my day)

Aug 2, 2012

Thanks for answering the call. I look forward to gaming with you soon. I hope more will reply soon as well. I just want to enjoy whatever time I have left and gaming is a HUGE part of that. Thanks again! Game on!

Message 3 of 3 (70 Views)
0 Likes