Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 29 2012
By: KlanKilla-OutLaw First Son 7 posts

A Serious Error Has Occured Contact Technical Support (8002F271) R.I.P. PS3 :(

5 replies 249 views Edited Nov 29, 2012

So I was playing my 120GB Slim PS3. And the power had went out. When the PS3 came back up on, a screen appeared saying that, "the system has been corrupted". So I pressed X to let the system check the files. After 5 minutes the file check was completed. Then the PS3 restarted with me having to sign up from the burgandy and black icon when you first get your playstation. All of my friends from the playstation network  were deleted. But they all came bacdk within a couple of minutes. But with my file system restored, I lost over 80GB of data. So I went to the PS3 store to download everything back. It froze.

Once again it said my system was corrupt so I sat thru 5 minutes of file checking. After the PS3 was finished it wouldn't restart. It was just a black screen. So I had to manually restart the PS3 by holding down the power button for over 10 seconds. Three more times the PS3 froze after file checking and me attempting to download everything back from the PS store. Also I note that the PS3 became extremley slow when loading trophies, friends, loading online content on a video game and composing and sending or even viewing messages.

So I thought to myself "Maybe the PS3 didn't delete all the corrupted data." I turned off the PS3, turned it on and held the power button. After the initial beep, there was another beep followed by a double beep.  I toggled down to restore file system. And when it was finsihed being restored. I turned it off and back on. Now I've run into even more trouble.

When I turn on the playstation it says "The system software cannot be run correctly...If the system cannot be restarted, the system partition of the system storage must be reformatted and you must re insntall the system software. So I downloaded my regional system software update via USB. The PS3 started the download and then at 99% it has given me this message.

"A Serious Error Has Occured Contact Technical Support (8002F271)"

I have attmepted 12 reformat operations with no succes. What do I do?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (249 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17195 posts

Re: A Serious Error Has Occured Contact Technical Support (8002F271) R.I.P. PS3 :(

Nov 29, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (242 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: A Serious Error Has Occured Contact Technical Support (8002F271) R.I.P. PS3 :(

Nov 29, 2012

Alright, i'll buy the 120GB hard drive from the console doctor for 72 bucks.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1602 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

i just typed a whole fracking story about a lightning bolt hitting my house a year ago frying every **bleep** thing that was on then spread out to 30 other houses frying modems.....and things frying 3 more times after that in reg power surges..... and i accidentally hit the backspace button on the KB and somehow it registered as hitting "BACK" on the browser.... lost it all.  Short story, sounds like it got partially fried in a surge, with the way things are connected today over ethernet and fiber/coax and EVERYTHING coming over that one line, regular power strips/surge strips dont' work anymore. Get some of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QZ3UG0/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00  Whatever you get make sure it has coax and Ethernet protection.

Since I've had those NOTHING has happened. And we've had more then our fair share of surges since getting them. Btw when the lightning bolt hit our house, the ONLY thing that didn't fry was MY PC, that was hooked up to a 15 year old version of those Cyberpower things. It actually stopped a lighning bolt.  But I leave my PS3 on Wifi, I have no problem with that so why physically connect it to anything?

As for your PS3....  sounds like it's going to be taking a trip to sony, sorry :/

Edit: ya try what the other guy said first..... but you can get bigger hard drive for around the same price, go look on amazon or just go to best buy or compusa/tiger direct. If you're gonna swap a harddrive, might as well put in a 500 GB. LOL my friend put in a 1 terrabyte HD in his PS3 o.O IF that dont' work (then you'll prolly have to send it to sony if the HD isn't what got screwed up) you can always go buy a hard drive enclosure at compusa and turn it into a portable usb HD to use for w/e....

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (234 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17195 posts

Nov 29, 2012

KlanKilla-OutLaw wrote:

Alright, i'll buy the 120GB hard drive from the console doctor for 72 bucks.

Check newegg.com. You can get a bigger drive for that much.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (229 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 29, 2012

I surely will be a new hard drive.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (215 Views)
0 Likes