SIEA
1490 posts

Re: A New Look for PlayStation Forums is Coming

Feb 8, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:
  • A permanent sub navigation bar at the top will allow for ease of navigation to different boards and community hubs on the PlayStation Forums.

is that the thing that scrolls down when i scrol the page down and it follows?

yep

that is such a stupid feature why are you adding it

it's pretty unobtrusive and takes up about 50 vertical pixels on the top. I think you might find it pretty handy to navigate to other areas of the forums no matter where you are on the page. I've certainly seen my share of annoying stuff that scrolls with you as you scroll on other web sites; but I think you'll find that the sub nav staying with you as you scroll is pretty unobtrusive. 

Message 31 of 190 (193 Views)
Last Guardian
8762 posts

Feb 8, 2014

HWGuy14 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:
  • A permanent sub navigation bar at the top will allow for ease of navigation to different boards and community hubs on the PlayStation Forums.

yep

Oh yea I dont like it either... I remember there was a website that implemnted it and NO BODY liked it and they had to change it back but I really dont remember which website it was and its annoying me. It was either IGN or Facebook.

If I cannot adblock it, I'm not gonna put up with that. 

And a white background makes me see an eye floater. Smiley Mad

I'm not liking this one bit. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 32 of 190 (188 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
36710 posts

Feb 8, 2014

mochuuu wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

yep

it's pretty unobtrusive and takes up about 50 vertical pixels on the top. I think you might find it pretty handy to navigate to other areas of the forums no matter where you are on the page. I've certainly seen my share of annoying stuff that scrolls with you as you scroll on other web sites; but I think you'll find that the sub nav staying with you as you scroll is pretty unobtrusive. 

i zoom in on my pc on these forums because it makes it easier for me to read

its gona be more than that probly you guys alredy had one that was terrible with my zoomed in forums

when i zoomed in the bar got bigger too which took like alot of my screen

Message 33 of 190 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
8762 posts

Feb 8, 2014

mochuuu wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

yep

It is very obtrusive!!!

Please take a look at this.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic/Our-Beautiful-Forums-Happy-face/m-p/42484915/highli...

id 69 signature

Message 34 of 190 (173 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12956 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2014

mochuuu wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

yep

Actually it would be obtrusive for those with slower internet connections. Maybe not in terms of space, but in terms of page loading. It was a hassle going down a page while on here when it was here before. Granted, I'm not on very slow internet speed either. I don't envy those who had to deal with it, and had very slow internet, speed wise.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 35 of 190 (172 Views)
SIEA
1490 posts

Feb 8, 2014

ID-69 wrote:

It is very obtrusive!!!

Please take a look at this.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic/Our-Beautiful-Forums-Happy-face/m-p/42484915/highli...

Ahh, well we're talking about two different things then. Now I will say that yes, that big nav is part of the package to align with the rest of us.playstation.com; however that big nav will NOT scroll with the user. Only the smaller sub nav. 

We're looking at ways to reduce the footprint of that larger nav and are looking forward to working with you guys on what the best solution is. but to be clear the sub-nav is different from what you're referring to in the post you linked here. 

Message 36 of 190 (164 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
36710 posts

Feb 8, 2014

we dont need ANYTHING scrolling with us... its not difficult to navigate these forums a navigation bar is pointless

but if its different than the other one we had for a few days then we will see

Message 37 of 190 (153 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39172 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2014

FREDDIEkillz wrote:

I like how it's gonna be lighter colors.

I don't!

• The new visual design is both easy on the eyes and more organized so you can easily find the content and conversations that are important to you.

As for the above comment, that'll be for us to decide Morgan.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 38 of 190 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
8762 posts

Feb 8, 2014

mochuuu wrote:

Ahh, well we're talking about two different things then. Now I will say that yes, that big nav is part of the package to align with the rest of us.playstation.com; however that big nav will NOT scroll with the user. Only the smaller sub nav. 

We're looking at ways to reduce the footprint of that larger nav and are looking forward to working with you guys on what the best solution is. but to be clear the sub-nav is different from what you're referring to in the post you linked here. 

Sorry I don't quite follow. That 40-50px nav bar that scrolls down with you is the problem. Yes, it extends and takes up to 80% of the screen and that's annoying too, but nobody liked having any bar scrolling down with the user. 

id 69 signature

Message 39 of 190 (146 Views)
MVP Support
39172 posts

Feb 8, 2014

mochuuu wrote:

KANE-FIRE wrote:

Looks nice and glad we will keep the rank shields.

yep, that's the plan

I didn't see shields in the OP (pictures), did i miss something?

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 40 of 190 (182 Views)
0 Likes