So I have rung Sony regarding this issue but they still haven't fixed it or provided me with any help to resolve it so here goes..
As we are all aware PSN went down for maintenance last Sunday for 14 hours. In the mean time had to exchange my Vita as my first one was faulty but 5 days later I still can't activate my Vita for demos or video because I receive a 'maintenance' error every single time I try to access my account information. The store comes up with the same error at random times too and I can't even pay for anything. My account is appearing oddly to friends and not displaying my avatar etc either... I tried signing out and back in but it doesn't help and now I am receiving the same errors and network problems on my PS3. Other friends who have also bought a Vita are experiencing similar problems so does anyone know how to fix this yourself as the extremely unintelligent guy I spoke to on the phone didn't have a clue what I was talking about and has 'passed it to tech support'.
Have you tried to reset your vita???
Power it off
The hold the Power button for like a minute and reset the vita to factory settings..
Then when it starts up.. update the firmware and see if that works a friend of mine had the same problem.
If that doesn't work i dunno what to try
- Hold down the Power Button, PS Button, and R Trigger all at once while your PS Vita is off.
- You will see a menu, choose "Reset/Restore PS Vita System".
- When you turn on your Vita again, do the setup normally, and when it asks you if you already have an account, say yes. Then, choose not to sign in while you're running the setup (finish the setup with a temporary account).
- So basically, don't sign in when you're setting up, and don't create a new account (the instructions in 3 may be wrong, as I'm remembering this from when I set my Vita up, so if you see anything wrong with it just follow everything in step 4).
- Now when you're in the LiveArea, sign in to your PSN account from an app (ex. friends app) and it should work. If it doesn't, format the memory card from the menu from step #1. Then, follow these steps again.
Guys it doesn't seem to make any difference what so ever even without my account logged in - I still get the same maintenance issue trying to use the store before I'd even logged in to my account!