Jun 30 2012
By: Leylifer First Son 7 posts

A Big Problem about PS3 Controllers' Responsiveness (Not Sure if it's Sony 7.1 Headset related)

3 replies 349 views Edited Jun 30, 2012

Last night, i had some lag issues on a game. I thought this is about the server that i'm playing in.

Then i quit the game but i saw that the unresponsiveness (sometimes over-responsiveness) continues on PS3 menus too. While i was trying to understand and solve the issue, i turned my Sony 7.1 Headset off and i saw that it gets better. I turned the headset on again and the problem occured again. I did some things to solve it but nothing changed. I was sure that there was no problem without the headsets. But whenever i turned it on, there are lags with the controller. 

For instance, when I want to select a game from games list of PS3, sometimes the marker doesn't move and sometimes it moves 3-4 times although i push the button once.

Or i'm playing Battlefield 3 or MW3 and a little move with the stick turns the camera much more than it should have or it never turns.

And when i turned the headset off, problem looks like it's solved.

But today, when i want to use my PS3 again i had the same problems even though the 7.1 headset is turned off. The wireless controllers don't act as i command them. (I tried with my 2 different wireless Dualshock)

Then i plug the controller cables into the PS3 and i saw that they are working great.

Now at last the issue is, if i use my PS3 controllers (Dualshock) with their original cables there's no problem. But if i use them without cables (as wireless) they have big problems. As i said, a little move with the stick turns the camera much more than it should have or it never turns. Sometimes the buttons don't work or response with delays, and sometimes they response 3-5 times even though i push the button once. Every menu, every action lags in or off the games

I tried:

1- Rebuilding the Database

2- Restoring the Settings

3- Turned the router off

4- Log out from PSN

5- Remove the USB dongle of 7.1 headset

etc.

Nothing worked.

Yesterday, i was sure that this is about the Sony Headset but today the same problem occured even when the headset is turned off. I heard that there are some issues like this with the headset but the big problem today is that i'm having these problems w/o the headset too. Yesterday it seems like it's only about the headset, today both. I don't really understand.

The only difference with the headset is turned on or off (plugged in or off) is that the situation gets lot worse when the headset is on. 

I don't know what the problem is but the only solution for now is to use the controllers as wired. Nothing else works.

If someone can help me i'd be happy because my PS3 is garbage for now with the wireless controllers and i'm too old to use them with cables in front of the TV Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4 (349 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28672 posts

Re: A Big Problem about PS3 Controllers' Responsiveness (Not Sure if it's Sony 7.1 Headset related)

Jun 30, 2012

First try resetting and then resyncing the controller.  The other thing is you might want to try one of these;

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0049GEFU2/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_g147_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_...

It's a USB extender. Plugging the USB Bluetooth dongle (I love that word! ) and then placing it a few feet away from the console might be enough to solve the problem of intereference. 

Message 2 of 4 (335 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Re: A Big Problem about PS3 Controllers' Responsiveness (Not Sure if it's Sony 7.1 Headset related)

Jun 30, 2012
I'll try one of these, thank you.

Is it normal that i've faced this problem after playing 2-3 months (with this headset) without any problems.

One day i got up and it got broken Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
28672 posts

Jun 30, 2012

I've seen some people talk about this from time to time. This is one of those problems that probably they don't encounter in a lab, but "in the field" under less than perfect conditions seems to crop up. It will probably be a relatively easy fix. 

Message 4 of 4 (321 Views)