Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 29 2013
By: mochuuu SCEA 1482 posts

7/30 PS Plus Update Discussion

Playstation Staff
44 replies 2330 views Edited Jul 29, 2013

We’re putting the finishing touches on July’s PlayStation Plus lineup by welcoming Dokuro! The PS Vita exclusive that captured the hearts of many can be yours, free as part of your PS Plus membership. Also, PixelJunk Monsters: Ultimate HD for PS Vita is on sale for its launch week!

With all the PS Vita love, our friends at Rockstar decided to balance things out by putting a huge discount on one of the most intense action games of 2012. PS Plus members can grab Max Payne 3 for $7.99, or the Ultimate Edition for just $11.99. Action game lovers who may have not been able to play it last year: do not miss this one.

The clock is ticking to grab the PS Plus preorder discount on PlayStation Store PLAY titles, like Ibb and Obb and DuckTales Remastered. You can only snag those discounts by preordering.

Read on for this week’s full PS Plus lineup, and we’ll see you next week for the reveal of August’s Instant Game Collection additions!

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

Dokuro (PS Vita)

Regular Price: $13.99, Free for PS Plus members

Dokuro
Dokuro is a stoic, little skeleton who is a mere peon in the Dark Lord’s army. One fateful day he witnesses his master returning with a helplessly abducted Princess he intends to force into marriage. At once smitten by her plight, Dokuro resolves to free her from the Dark Lord’s treacherous, monster-infested castle. Along the way, Dokuro must switch between his Skeleton and Hero forms to utilize his various skills and abilities. While the Skeleton form allows him to stalk about in the shadows and ensure her safe passage, the Hero form enables him to mount a gallant offensive against the armies of darkness!

PixelJunk Monsters: Ultimate HD (PS Vita)

Regular Price: $14.99; PS Plus Price: $11.99

PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD
The definitive PixelJunk Monsters experience! Tikiman the Forest Defender is in trouble. Hordes of monsters are sweeping through his realm, hoping to chow down on his offspring – and it’s up to you to defend them. Whether you’ve played the original, or have never taken PixelJunk Monsters for a spin before, this is an amazing way to experience a classic PSN game.

Max Payne 3 Sale (PS3)

Max Payne 3 – Regular Price: $39.99; PS Store Sale Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $7.99
Max Payne 3 Ultimate Edition – Regular Price: $69.99; PS Store Sale Price: $14.99; PS Plus Price: $11.99

Max Payne 3
For Max Payne, the tragedies that took his loved ones years ago are wounds that refuse to heal. No longer a cop, close to washed up and addicted to pain killers, Max takes a job in São Paulo, Brazil, protecting the family of wealthy real estate mogul Rodrigo Branco, in an effort to finally escape his troubled past. But as events spiral out of his control, Max Payne finds himself alone on the streets of an unfamiliar city, desperately searching for the truth and fighting for a way out.

Last Chance (Leaving on 8/6)

Instant Game Collection
Battlefield 3

Discounts
Thomas Was Alone: Benjamin’s Flight
Ibb & Obb Preorder

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates on 7/30. We’ll be back next week with more details on the game arriving to the Instant Game Collection as well as any other benefits we can share.

- morgan haro, SCEA Sr. Project Manager - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 1 of 45 (2,330 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1173 posts

Re: 7/30 PS Plus Update Discussion

Jul 29, 2013
Holy crap, may need to pick up Max Payne 3. I love that game, that is a wonderful price.
Message 2 of 45 (2,320 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
464 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Wow two weeks in a row with no PS3 free games. I don't own a PS Vita so the freebies are useless to me this and last week. Unless they can play on the PSP, does anybody know if that is the case? When they say PSVita does that include downloading for PSP too? Because I never see PSP titles for free. Just wondering.

photo giphydgd.gif
"Hey look a PS4 for sale! Quick someone get it before it's sold!!"
Message 3 of 45 (2,314 Views)
MVP Support
7212 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Interesting deals for this week's PS Plus update.

Message 4 of 45 (2,311 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1482 posts

Playstation Staff
Jul 29, 2013

CradleOfFish wrote:

Wow two weeks in a row with no PS3 free games. I don't own a PS Vita so the freebies are useless to me this and last week. Unless they can play on the PSP, does anybody know if that is the case? When they say PSVita does that include downloading for PSP too? Because I never see PSP titles for free. Just wondering.

You can play the PSP titles that release for PS Vita on a PSP, yes. And we usually save the PS Vita / PSP instant game collection drops for the end of the month, while we do the PS3 titles at the beginning. You'll see PS3 titles coming next week and beyond. Thanks!

- morgan haro, SCEA Sr. Project Manager - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 5 of 45 (2,307 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3676 posts

Jul 29, 2013
Finally some more Vita games.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 45 (2,300 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8513 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 29, 2013

CradleOfFish wrote:

There have been a number of PSP games in recent months.  So many, in fact, PS Vita owners were complaining about the lack of PS Vita titles being released for PS+.  Currently available: Metal Slug XX and Gods Eater Burst are both PSP playable.

TrickedOutHoro wrote:
Holy crap, may need to pick up Max Payne 3. I love that game, that is a wonderful price.

Yeah.  Was only mildly interested in the game until I saw that.  Might have to pick it up for 12 bucks.

Other than that, I'll probably give Dokuro a shot since it's free, but its one that has never really been on my radar.

Message 7 of 45 (2,295 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
464 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Because I only read these updates and never looked at the actual download from the PS Store, I never knew that most of these were PSP compatible cause it always said Vita in these updates. So now I know (by going to the store and reading some responses) and am downloading Metal Slug! To bad Zero Escape is Vita only, it looks cool. Thanks everyone!

photo giphydgd.gif
"Hey look a PS4 for sale! Quick someone get it before it's sold!!"
Message 8 of 45 (2,279 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5494 posts

Jul 29, 2013

I love you Sony <3

photo xMYwEGm_zpsd47ce352.jpg
Message 9 of 45 (2,278 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
571 posts

Jul 29, 2013

CradleOfFish wrote:

I don't know if you are or not, but you should be adding the free Vita/PSP games to your download list in case sometime in the future you do get a PS Vita. 

Message 10 of 45 (2,235 Views)