Highlighted
Jul 22 2013
By: mochuuu SIEA 1490 posts

7/23 PS Plus Update Discussion

62 replies 1735 views Edited Jul 22, 2013

This week, we’re building the Instant Game Collection with the 2D action of Metal Slug: XX! You can download this arcade classic free as a PS Plus member starting with tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

This is also the first week release of PlayStation Store’s PLAY, as the first of the 4 diverse games hitting this week with Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark. Today is the last day you can preorder the title with a 20% PS Plus discount, however, you’ll still be able to preorder the other 3 titles (Cloudberry Kingdom, Ibb & Obb, and Duck Tales Remastered) up to their weekly release dates. Find out more about PLAY along with the titles, special reward bonuses, and more in the announcement post on PlayStation.Blog. Or just watch the cool video below!

Metal Slug XX (PSP, PS Vita Compatible)

PSN Price: $19.99, Free for PS Plus members

Metal Slug XX
After General Morden is defeated and captured, a mysterious army arrives from the future to save him. They reveal themselves to be Morden’s Army from the future, and their goal is to provide their future leader with special advanced weaponry to take on his enemies in the present. Classic characters Marco, Tarma, Fio, Eri, Ralf, and Clark return once again to take on General Morden and his new and improved Rebel Army.

Thomas Was Alone: Benjamin’s Flight (Cross-Buy)

30% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $2.49; PS Plus Price: $1.74)

Thomas Was Alone
In this Thomas Was Alone level pack, discover the tale of young Benjamin, who goes in search of the Fountain of Wisdom aided by his father’s incredible invention. Benjamin meets a new companion and a familiar face in this story, which takes place in the events leading up to Thomas’s emergence.

Last Chance (Leaving on 7/30)

Instant Game Collection
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward

Discounts
Draw Slasher
Carnival Island
Sorcery
Datura
Cloudberry Kingdom Preorder

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow. We’ll be back next week with more details on the game arriving to the Instant Game Collection as well as any other benefits we can share.

Message 1 of 63 (1,735 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3684 posts

Re: 7/23 PS Plus Update Discussion

Jul 22, 2013

I'm really looking forward to Duck Tales and Ibb Obb! Can't beat those prices... Pennies, nickels, quarters, dimes, come to us while there's still time!!!

Message 2 of 63 (1,716 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2013

META SLUG FOR ME, FIRST! Second!

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 3 of 63 (1,713 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1124 posts

Jul 22, 2013

I can't wait for Metal Slug. Luckily I didn't buy it a few months ago as I was going to. 

Message 4 of 63 (1,708 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3684 posts

Jul 22, 2013

If you have a move controller and you have not picked up sorcery yet check it out. its only $5 and the game really surprised me with how well the controls work and the over all quality of the game. The camera is a little slow at times but all in all its worth having if you are a move owner. It's only on discount until the the 30th!

Message 5 of 63 (1,702 Views)
Last Guardian
11743 posts

Jul 22, 2013

Not interested in Metal Slug. The Play discounts aren't anything I have my eye on either.

Message 6 of 63 (1,692 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Jul 22, 2013

nothing for me this week.  already played every PSP game I wanted, pretty much just using my Vita for netflix now...

lots of games to keep me busy though, hopefully August will have some killer titles.

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 7 of 63 (1,687 Views)
Sackboy
569 posts

Jul 22, 2013

Very grateful for Metal Slug. Keep the free PSP games a comin. Smiley Happy

sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 8 of 63 (1,658 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Jul 22, 2013

If anyone that has a Vita and PS Plus has not played Virtue's Last Reward yet I highly recommend it. I platinumed it in roughly a week. 

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 9 of 63 (1,649 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7400 posts

Jul 22, 2013

Amnalehu wrote:

If you have a move controller and you have not picked up sorcery yet check it out. its only $5 and the game really surprised me with how well the controls work and the over all quality of the game. The camera is a little slow at times but all in all its worth having if you are a move owner. It's only on discount until the the 30th!

I bought Sorcery when it was $15 man its the best psmove exclusive title i have played so far, i love it but i wish the camera was free roam not like God of War, other than that excellent game, hopefully sony is working on Sorcery 2 ps4 with free roam camera.

Message 10 of 63 (1,646 Views)