Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
8434 posts

Re: 7/16 PS Plus Update Discussion

Jul 16, 2013

The best of this week is Ducktales and it doesn't even release for a few more weeks.

I would just like to put in a friendly request for more RPG games in the IGC, PS3 or Vita.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 60 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Jul 16, 2013

goddamn terrible business strategy to throw the vita users under the bus until the end of the month. this crap port of the dreamcast version looked and played mediocre on the vita, and will not be played on the ps3/ps4.

give us Dokuro already! Zero Escape was phenomenal, and Dokuro looks almost as great, but why the EFF are we not getting this vita content until the end of the month? which **bleep** is going to have to take the blame for this crap?

here' an idea (i'm probably the 1000th person to throw this back into Sony's lap: ALTERNATE PS3/PSV RELEASES.

Wk 1: PS3 AAA

Wk 2: PSv AAA

Wk 3: PS3 Indie

Wk 4: PSV Indie/PS1/PSP (STOP GIVING PSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Wk 4/5: Themes/Avatars

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 60 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

I don't understand people getting upset about Vita games coming out at "The End of the Month". After all it doesn't matter if it's the "Beginning or End", a month is a month.

However, I was thinking the same as Dubloon7, in that releases should alternate with a PS3 game one week and then PSV the next and so on. I'm sure there would still be complaining, but I think more people would agree with this structure or at least understand why it's like this.

It would also give me 2-3 weeks to enjoy the game until the next title drops.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 60 (379 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

Jul 16, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 60 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jul 16, 2013

I suggested the alternating weeks (Vita in W2 & W4) way back when the Vita IGC started and Morgan said they were considering it if enough people wanted it, but haven't heard anything official since. It seems like it would be a no-brainer.

I'd also like to once again say that I don't care for PSP games. If PSP games are provided, they should be as a bonus addition, not as one of Vita's two IGCs for the month.

My Vita IGC suggestions:

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - EU already got it. Would be the ideal candidate because 1) It's not Cross-Buy, so PS3 users with the collection already are probably hesitant to buy it even if they'd really like to play it on their Vita, 2) it would introduce people to the MGS series that may never have played it, which would be very beneficial if a future MGS title is in the works for Vita, and 3) it's highly rated and provides hours upon hours of gameplay with the multiple titles rolled into one.

LBP Vita - Since LBP2 left the PS3 IGC, it would be the perfect time to add this to the IGC. If Gravity Rush and/or Uncharted:GA leave the IGC, it's also a big enough title to be used for PS+ promo materials. It may also provide a bit of good marketing/promoting for Media Molecule's upcoming Vita-exclusive Tearaway. One of the reasons I bought Guacamelee! on Day One was because I absolutely loved Drinkbox's earlier title, Mutant Blobs From Space, which was in the Vita IGC back in November.

Escape Plan or Little Deviants - lumping them both together because my reasoning behind them is the same: both titles were part of the original marketing of the Vita, particularly shown off because of their utilization of Vita's exclusive features (such as the back touchscreen). Reviews were only mediocre and anyone who wanted them probably already owns them, so offering them for "free" wouldn't hurt future sales that much.

Rayman Origins - Rayman Legends has been confirmed for Vita, so this would be a good way to get people interested, similar to how Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus was offered prior to NGSP2's release.

LEGO The Lord of the Rings - LEGO Batman 2 has a bundle, otherwise I'd say that since LOTR is newer. But similar to Rayman Origins, with LEGO Marvel  Super Heroes expected at the end of the year, it would be a good way to get interest.

Unit 13 - I'm not personally a fan of console shooters, but EU got it and with KZ:M coming in a few months, it may be a good time to provide a shooter for the Vita IGC, as the PS3 IGC has gotten quite a few shooters already.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 60 (365 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1122 posts

Re: 7/16 AS Plus Update Discussion

Jul 16, 2013

I doubt that they would put Escape Plan and Little Deviants on the Vita IGC because those were part of the PS+ discounted games a few weeks ago. 

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 60 (360 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6789 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Seems to be an interesting offer that PS Plus is offering this week and I'm looking forward to playing the remastered and modernized version of DuckTales since I never had a chance to play the original on the NES platform.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 60 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jul 16, 2013

LIQUID_PANDA wrote:

I doubt that they would put Escape Plan and Little Deviants on the Vita IGC because those were part of the PS+ discounted games a few weeks ago. 

They've given several IGCs that were previously discounted, much to the chagrin of some people.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 60 (343 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 16, 2013

I would love to see more Sony 1st party games on Plus.

Plus when is the US gonna ever get a good arcade racer 'Motorstorm: Apocalypse' would be a nice addition, try to get EA on board to gives us games like SSX, NFS: Hot Pursuit.

Resistance 3, plus PS2 classics.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 60 (335 Views)
Sackboy
569 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Like everyone else I would love to see more PSP games. RPGs would be huge too.

sig by Grindhead_Jim
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 60 (329 Views)
0 Likes