I just bought the new 7.1 Surround Sound PS3 headset (which I LOVE). I record gameplays with a hauppauge hd pvr, and unfortunately, when i use the headset i cannot receive audio for my gameplays.
Does anyone else know how to fix this problem? PLEASE HELP
You can try setting up dual audio output. That might give you surround sound via headset and stereo audio to your Hauppauge HD PVR.
Has anyone figured this out yet?
I have a Hauppauge HD PVR with the Official Wireless Headset. The Hauppauge only records what comes out of the TV, and I want to be able to record my friends voices and the gameplay at the same time as using my headset.
How do you correctly turn on Audio Multi Output?
We have a Knowledge Base/Support Center, learn to use it please.
Also searching youtube is a good resource as there are many how-to's and setup guides
The PlayStation 3 can output sound simultaneously from the HDMI OUT connector, the DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) connector, and the AV MULTI OUT connector. This is done with the option found in (Settings)> (Sound Settings).
Available with system software 3.00 or later.
- Off: Disable the multi-output feature.
- On: Enable the multi-output feature.
When the multi-output feature is enabled, the following conditions will occur:
- Audio output to connectors that are not selected in (Settings)> (Sound Settings)> is downscaled to 2 channels.
- If you select in (Settings)> (Sound Settings)>, audio will be output from the HDMI OUT connector with the following restrictions:
- Audio in Linear PCM format can only be output up to 5.1 ch, 44.1/48 kHz.
- Even if is set to on a CECH-2000 series system, bitstream audio recorded in Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus or DTS-HD format cannot be output on the system.
- If you select in (Settings)> (Sound Settings)>, audio will be output from the DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) connector with the following restriction:
- Audio in Linear PCM format can only be output up to 44.1/48 kHz.
Is this official wireless headset the wireless stereo surround sound headset or the Bluetooth communications headset? I'm not sure if Audio Multi-out works with the former.