Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Re: 64, 128, 256GB Memory Cards, and LiveArea limits, the two biggest issues on the Vita.

Jan 28, 2013

Kali, in honesty, unless you are constantly downloading or transferring 2-5GB videos, the Vita gets way more onto a 32GB card than you think, especially if you are going the Physical route.    The LiveArea Limits are the greatest restriction to a 32GB card right now.   I am confident that a 64GB card would hold you over for a very long time, and is probably a lot more doable than a 128 or 256GB memory card.   However, the Vita does allow you to play music in over 80% of the games, and videos in mp4 format are transferrable.

I just wish that Sony would've done a better job, not only with Remote Play, but with LiveArea limits.   I did post on a blog intentionally mentioning this issue, and got confirmation they are working on it, but no information besides that.   I understand that things take time to develop, but did they honestly think not many people would hit the 100 bubble limit?   I can clearly see that there is almost no business releasing a 64GB card with the current livearea limits.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Subscribe to my Youtube page!
https://www.youtube.com/user/HollywoodShono?feature=mhee
Message 51 of 57 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Re: 64, 128, 256GB Memory Cards, and LiveArea limits, the two biggest issues on the Vita.

Feb 28, 2013

Up

Message 52 of 57 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

May 1, 2013

The main issue with the Playstation Vita has still not been addressed.   So we can sort our 100 Games and Applications into Folders, meaning we can put everything on one page if we wanted, great.

But how about fixing the LiveArea limits so these folders actually mean something?   Are Sony developers that lazy they can't figure out a way to install data onto a memory card, instead of the Vita's memory itself?

To install Soul Sacrifice, I had to delete something.   I thought the point of folders was to fix the capacity issue?

For once please listen to the minority and fix this problem.

Message 53 of 57 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 5, 2013

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_lbr_brands_browse-_2?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Apro+duo+memory+stick+32gb%...|SanDisk&keywords=pro+duo+memory+stick+32gb&ie=UTF8&qid=1370397841&rnid=2528832011
 Old Tech is cheap proprietary new tech is extortion.

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 54 of 57 (210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2013

So I pre-ordered a 64GB card to supplant my 32GB card (which I'll be keeping, along with my original 8GB card)... the downside still, is that I won't be able to put it to full use as long as there's a 100 app limit.

21 of my apps are utilities such as settings and trophies, things that can't be deleted such as Welcome Park, and a handful of necessary web apps such as Twitter, Youtube, Netflix, Facebook, Music Unlimited etc. The 100 app limit prevents me from bothering with other apps such as Paint Park, Nico Nico, 4square, or Toro's Friend Network, which I'd like to try or keep on hand. When they added an email app, it was mandatory. It can't be deleted. In the future, I'll have to elect not to download things like the upcoming IGN app, or potential future apps like Crunchy Roll and Hulu.

A good chunk of my games are time killers such as my pinball games, Tetris, Lumines, Metal Slug, Shock Troopers, Tokyo Jungle Mobile, Fruit Ninja etc... these games aren't going anywhere, and it's perfectly reasonable to expect to keep them on hand for convenience. My fighting games and racing games are a regular, go-to thing and so is Little Big Planet Vita.

Many of the others are games I jump between and haven't finished yet, because that's just how I play games. I don't always watch 72 hour marathons of TV shows either, sometimes I just watch a few episodes, then something else.

Along with games like Retro City Rampage & Shock Troopers, the 8 or so Playstation Mobile games I play take up such a small amount of memory card space, that having to consider their relevance in memory management is absurd. A person could reach the 100 app limit with only PSM games, without even having used 2GB of space.

Not to mention that I buy retail releases on physical media, whenever available (even so far as to import stuff like Epic Mickey 2, New Little King's Story & Dokuro), and those bubbles take up almost no space but still count as an app/bubble towards the limit. It's a weird paradox to be smart with memory management, but have it backfire. Retail bubbles also stay on the system, and part of the count, even if you switch to another memory card... you could have ten 64GB cards and still be dealing with the unnecessary app limit restrictions. On top of that, PS+ is the only way to keep your saves if you delete a native Vita game, because they're not separate like PSP games are... if I don't have access to the internet indefinitely, or let my subscription lapse etc I can't restore saves. People with internet caps, unreliable internet, or lack of regular internet shouldn't be expected to redownload entire games everytime they get an itch to play something in particular. Some people don't even have PC's or laptops to use content manager and back up their memory cards... it takes up to several hours to back up a 32GB card, anyway.

I own every single DLC costume for Little Big Planet Vita. I remember how long it took to download the first round of costumes one at a time... and again when I corrupted my save file during the buggy first week. If I deleted Little Big Planet Vita, it would take me at least 2 hours of pressing buttons to redownload and reinstall my DLC. Motorstorm RC would be nearly as bad with all those little cars I bought. Zen Pinball 2 would be another culprit, since every table requires you to download the demo and then the unlock key. Again, it's a paradox to be inconvenienced for having spent more money than the average customer.

I'd like to be able to make use of what I've paid for, and enjoy my library without artificial restrictions. I think it's a reasonable request. People can argue that it's no big deal, but they can't argue that it's a necessary restriction which benefits anyone. It annoys customers who spend the most money on Vita software, as well as those who don't resell games, and discourages purchases. There's no restriction on PS3, and putting 500GB to use is business as usual on there, nobody reasons that there should be a 100 game/program restriction for PS3's. Some people feel like they need to have several thousand songs and hundreds of albums on their iPod, and some people want access to all their games.

Message 55 of 57 (179 Views)
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Dec 26, 2013

I really want to get a 64GB card myself, even if I have to spend 30--40 dollars more to import it from Japan.   The problem I also see is the LiveArea Limits.    If the PSP can have 96GB with a weird memory card adapter that allows 3 micro sd cards, and unlimited games, music, videos, etc, why can't the Vita have the same support for games?

Quite frankly, I wish they would get rid of the LiveArea Limits, what is the point of Folders(Besides organizing games into categories) if you can't even put more stuff on the Vita?

It's lazy development like this which pisses me off, it's not hard to create a 50MB file on the PSVita, that allows you to store even 100 additional apps(Should be unlimited)   even iOS7 got smart and eliminated that cap per window.

Message 56 of 57 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Dec 26, 2013

balmungfury wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_lbr_brands_browse-_2?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Apro+duo+memory+stick+32gb%...|SanDisk&keywords=pro+duo+memory+stick+32gb&ie=UTF8&qid=1370397841&rnid=2528832011
 Old Tech is cheap proprietary new tech is extortion.

http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY%C2%AE-MicroSD-Converts-MicroSDHC-Packaged/dp/B00B6DYDZS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=U...

Much better tech.   And I'm sure cheaper to get 2-32GB cards for $20 or less if you get a good sale.

Message 57 of 57 (108 Views)
0 Likes