First Son
2 posts

Re: 64, 128, 256GB Memory Cards, and LiveArea limits, the two biggest issues on the Vita.

Jan 5, 2013

As a computer science major, I can say you are right. 

The way you want things organized everytime you swap a memory card aren't how things work. The reason why the bubbles stay organized everytime you restart your PS Vita is because the "database" saves the position, but the database has to be rebuilt everytime you swap memory cards because essentially the PS Vita does not have internal memory.  Take notice why half a gig isn't available to you when you pop in a memory card to your PS Vita. 

Btw This is my frist post and I'm new to these forums so Hi everyone ^__^

Message 41 of 57 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Re: 64, 128, 256GB Memory Cards, and LiveArea limits, the two biggest issues on the Vita.

Jan 8, 2013

If the Vita has no internal memory, then how does the Vita recognize NEW memory cards?    Maybe the Vita has 1GB of internal storage, that cannot be used for game saves, but for patches and the default applications, plus a backup for restoring the Vita to factory settings.

Certain games also have to be re-installed on different Vita's(I have 2, so I can verify this), whereas some do not have to be.   Games like Dungeon Hunter Alliance, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention.   If you ever get your Vita serviced for repairs, some games will be retained on the memory card, some will have to be re-inserted.

The Vita is also usable WITHOUT a memory card, further emphasizing that the Vita has internal storage for the default applications, and all physical games are playable without a memory card, but most games do not allow you to save without a memory card.

You would think if the Vita would spend half a gig to "recreate"  the database, it could at least retain where the bubbles are located.   To me this is sloppy code.   I have no problem with the Vita re-creating the database every time you swap memory cards, but how hard is it to remember where you placed those bubbles?

The LiveArea limits further annoy this

FACT:   Vita has limited internal storage, for those LiveArea bubbles, but NOT for patches.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Subscribe to my Youtube page!
https://www.youtube.com/user/HollywoodShono?feature=mhee
Message 42 of 57 (292 Views)
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Jan 17, 2013

bump

Message 43 of 57 (275 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Ok the OP is seriously exagerating the issue. However I would like more memory than a measly 32 GB, so I can put full length movies to watch on the go. Also so I can put my music library in there,yeah I don't need my whole library there all the time but it spares me the trouble of wanting to listen to song and realizing I didn't put it in last time I was at my computer. That said, the OP is infact a content hoarder and or either plays games all day everyday 24/10 to own 31 games on the vita?? I honestly don't like having to erase games I have once I installed them becasue you never know when you might play them again also there is an issue with game saves also being deleted along with your game when you delete a game. One thing we can all agree on is.. we dont' ever want our game saves deleted.

Message 44 of 57 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Jan 21, 2013

One solution to your problem you are having Finchmister420(But I am sure it's a firmware update)

A lot of cellphones have the ability to hook up a MALE USB to micro usb connector(I personally have a Samsung Galaxy adapter that does this), the Vita probably could be capable of doing this too, if you can find a multi-use to male usb adapter..

Dev Vita's also have an HDMI out adapter built into the Vita, so it's obvious in the PCH1001 Vita's, this is not supported.    However, it took the PSP a remake, to support composite AV to the PSP.

At least half of my Vita games, I managed to find on sale for $10-20.   To start, I cashed in on a Buy 2 get 1 free promotion from Target, I do a lot of shopping on Amazon, so unless it's a pre-order I am excited for(Gravity Rush, Persona 4 Solid Gold Edition)   I wait until the price drops.

The most you are going to pay for a Vita game is $49.99(Uncharted before the price drop, Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified, or DJMax Technica Tune), these are the three games that have broken the 39.99 price point, other than Ragnarok Odyssey Mercenary Edition and the Solid Gold Premium Edition of Persona 4.

Being able to connect a Flash Drive or a USB drive to be able to watch movies would be a neat feature, however, most cellphones and ipod's/ipads/iphones are already capable of this and are more external friendly.   Now, the PS3 does allow you to download and play movies from an external hard drive.

Message 45 of 57 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Up let's get these 2 serious PSVita issues fixed!

Message 46 of 57 (213 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13842 posts

Jan 25, 2013
And...how does bumping this topic help?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 47 of 57 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Jan 27, 2013

64 is possible. But I wouldnt count on anything over that. There is only so much room you can squeze into the tiny card.

Message 48 of 57 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Alot of of are forgetting that a fair number of vita owner are early adopters and like bleeding edge tech . the vita should push for larger memory card as convenience is king for consumers .just because you guys are happy transferring your stuff on and off all the time doesn't mean that it is the ideal solution and that there is no need for a bigger one  . 64 gb and up i say  

Message 49 of 57 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Jan 27, 2013
I'll agree with you there,man. Smiley Happy My 32GB is getting smaller and smaller all the time!Hell,a 64GB thumbdrive is $39.96 now at Wal-Mart and Vita sticks should be cheaper by now like PSP ones got with competition for Soiny from Sandisk and Lexar and etc.
Need to scratch that retro need you have?Try Video 61!
We're at: www.atarisales.com and video61@tcq.net
We can fill every Atari or etc need be it sales or service. Smiley Happy

Formerly known as PSP509 and JediKnight509 on the PSP Forum and PSN Leaderboards! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Video Gamer Extraodinaire!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Message 50 of 57 (177 Views)
0 Likes