Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Re: 64, 128, 256GB Memory Cards, and LiveArea limits, the two biggest issues on the Vita.

Jan 3, 2013

I have been buying consoles since the original Game Boy, and after buying the 3DS and Vita for the first time I feel like the console is controlling me rather than the other way around because of all the ultra-strict security features. But even the 3DS can hold 150 icons and counting. For all the people who like to keep their content on the PS3 or PC, have you ever tried copying anything to the Vita while disconnected from the Internet or while PSN is under maintenance (or hacked)?

If I pay for a video game I expect to have access to it 24/7, and I don't want to bother wasting time moving things back and forth and depending on Internet access to do it. I don't need to do it with PSP, PS3, or 3DS, so I shouldn't need to do it with the Vita. I totally agree with OP.

I don't mind swapping memory cards. Problem is having so many useless icons that take up all the space. Folders and a larger limit  are absolutely necessary. Retail games should disapear when we take them out just like other systems, and we should be able to put useless icons out of sight somewhere. The way it is now is totally impractical and irrational. We aren't allowed to have more than 80 games? Really? What kind of business model is that?

Message 31 of 57 (281 Views)
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Re: 64, 128, 256GB Memory Cards, and LiveArea limits, the two biggest issues on the Vita.

Jan 3, 2013

On the contrary, I don't hate Sony at all, I've supported Playstation Plus since it came out in 2010.   I do not own a Wii, Wii U, or a DS, and my Xbox gets used maybe a dozen times a year.    If anything I am a Sony fanboy as well.

I WANT the Vita to kick **bleep** and be the dominant handheld, but it's going to take time.     Software sells systems no doubt.    I think the Holiday is a great step for the Vita, software sells are up week by week, even on the slower games.   The bundles are helping a lot, the issue most people have with the Vita currently is that you have to pay $250-300 for the system, then you have to pay $60-100 for a memory card to be able to do anything reasonable.

I've read reports that "Ports"  killed the PSP, this is crap, what killed the PSP is the lack of similiar DLC.... none of the WWE games supported DLC, barely any games did.   The Vita has the EXACT same DLC on every multiplat game(Street Fighter X Tekken, Playstation-All Stars, Pinball Arcade, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, LittleBigPlanet, Zen Pinball 2).

You need to pay $4.99 to use Cross Controller on LittlebigPlanet 2, why can't developers offer $4.99-$9.99 to allow remote play for games they have no plans to port onto the Vita?   Even upwards of $19.99 for Modern Warfare 3, Black Ops/Black Ops 2, Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Arkham City, Dark Souls, Dead Island, etc.   God of War 1 and 2, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus prove that this is capable, and they were free upgrades.    Twisted Metal on a handheld?   Yes please.

I'm the only gamer in my house, and I own 2 PS3's, 2 PSP's, 2 PSVita's, 6 PS3 Controllers, the Keyboard accessory from PS2, and a chatpad.    Yes, I'm a hardcore Nintendo and Xfail fanboy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Subscribe to my Youtube page!
https://www.youtube.com/user/HollywoodShono?feature=mhee
Message 32 of 57 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Jan 3, 2013
Well said AV-X14!
Message 33 of 57 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2700 posts

Jan 4, 2013

AV-X14 wrote:

I have been buying consoles since the original Game Boy, and after buying the 3DS and Vita for the first time I feel like the console is controlling me rather than the other way around because of all the ultra-strict security features. But even the 3DS can hold 150 icons and counting. For all the people who like to keep their content on the PS3 or PC, have you ever tried copying anything to the Vita while disconnected from the Internet or while PSN is under maintenance (or hacked)?

If I pay for a video game I expect to have access to it 24/7, and I don't want to bother wasting time moving things back and forth and depending on Internet access to do it. I don't need to do it with PSP, PS3, or 3DS, so I shouldn't need to do it with the Vita. I totally agree with OP.

I don't mind swapping memory cards. Problem is having so many useless icons that take up all the space. Folders and a larger limit  are absolutely necessary. Retail games should disapear when we take them out just like other systems, and we should be able to put useless icons out of sight somewhere. The way it is now is totally impractical and irrational. We aren't allowed to have more than 80 games? Really? What kind of business model is that?

why in the hell would you need the internet OR the PSnetwork to copy things you have backed up on th ePS# or PC to your Vita???? **bleep** even if your Wifi in-house is down, connect with the USB CORD!

Message 34 of 57 (246 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13577 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Even through USB, content manager requires internet connection to work
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 35 of 57 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Open CMA does not require an internet connection, but that is for the PC, not PS3.

The reason they do that is so they can verify you own the info.   Otherwise, I could pull the ethernet cord out of my PS3, and use that same tactic to transfer games to any account I desire.

The only way you "Might"  be able to get around this, is with a jailbroken PS3, but don't count on it, as I am sure there are checksums to deal with.

Message 36 of 57 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4158 posts

Jan 4, 2013
What is Open CMA on the PC? Because when I use CMA on my laptop, I must be connected to the internet. Now there are PC apps(have to search for them thoroughly) that will trick other programs on your PS to think its connected to the web. I'm nit sure if that will work with CMA though.
Message 37 of 57 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Gamble_STARS wrote:
What is Open CMA on the PC? Because when I use CMA on my laptop, I must be connected to the internet. Now there are PC apps(have to search for them thoroughly) that will trick other programs on your PS to think its connected to the web. I'm nit sure if that will work with CMA though.

It's a patch so that CMA won't require connection to the Internet. Just do a google search for it (because I'm not sure if it's allowed to post links to those things here). Wololo has had it since the PSV was launched in the West~.

Message 38 of 57 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4158 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Hmmm thank you. Not gonna lie, its hassle having to be connected to the web to transfer files. Our pharmacy doesn't have all our PC's connected via LAN so I can't transfer movies and shows to my Vita.

Lol yeah, we all keep digital media on the work PC's.
Message 39 of 57 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Open CMA is made by "hackers" and is not an official Sony product, so I've been avoiding it--mostly because I don't really need it yet. I have enough memory cards to hold my stuff. But when I own enough retail games that the Vita doesn't allow me to fit anything else on, I'll probably look for ways.  

And yes, you must be signed in to the PSN to do any sort of transfer of anything you have paid for and "own" to your Vita. For old time's sake, I think I'll go play some Silpheed on my Sega CD--still an awesome game. I wonder if I'll be able to do the same with Mutant Blobs Attack 20 years down the road...

I highly doubt it!

Mind you, I love the Vita. Unfortunately, it comes with a mandatory pair of handcuffs with every purchase.

Message 40 of 57 (198 Views)
0 Likes