Wastelander
694 posts

Re: 64, 128, 256GB Memory Cards, and LiveArea limits, the two biggest issues on the Vita.

Jan 3, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

Pot meets kettle, but you probably saw that coming. Just saying. Live and let live, can't expect threads to be all about brown nosing, if you post something silly chances are, like offline, you are going to be told it is~.

And to be honest, there's been no lack of respect in this thread or any other in quite a while~.

black kettle.jpg

cooking pot.jpg

Message 21 of 57 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Re: 64, 128, 256GB Memory Cards, and LiveArea limits, the two biggest issues on the Vita.

Jan 3, 2013
Pictures instead of words! At least now we know you aren't one of those good forum users that have been driven away~.
Message 22 of 57 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

lol.  it's too easy.

Message 23 of 57 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Jan 3, 2013

mmmmm crock pot

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Subscribe to my Youtube page!
https://www.youtube.com/user/HollywoodShono?feature=mhee
Message 24 of 57 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jan 3, 2013

sincitysir1 wrote:
Biggest community of turds jeez. So he wants to have all his games with him so what? His mind will be at ease knowing he has all his freaken games with him.

Like I said, I'm all for increasing the number of bubbles, pages, and/or implementing folders. However, the argument for a 256GB card is ridiculous, not because I wouldn't take advantage of it, but because most people wouldn't (esp. not with the current pricing scheme), making it a stupid investment on Sony's part.

Message 25 of 57 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2901 posts

Jan 3, 2013

I agree the live area needs more pages but not 500..... perhaps up to 20. You fail to realize they can't just pop in more pages, they'd have to recode everything to accomodate the new spaces and pages and recognize each new spot you could use. 20 pages (200 icons) seems more then enough. Maybe even 15 pages... (but i doubt they'd put the time in to do that).  But it seems like you do't even realize how hard drives (even little SD cards) work.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Granted I've built PC's but hell i might be wrong here (I'm not so much of a tech geek that I know exactly how harddrives write data)....... but if I'm right SONY can't do a **bleep** thing about things being out of order when you swap cards.  Think of each card.... only being able to install 20 things for arguments sake.  Say you have two cards.  Each card has 20..... blocks numbered #1-20 for you to install one thing on each block. (block of data storage). And it shows things on the screen itself in the order you installed them to each block (again block 1-20). Now say you installed things in a different order on each card. OF course it's going to show up differently with each card. LOL I tried to dumb this down a bit, and I just woke up so maybe it doesn't make sense. But someone can test it out easily enough (i dont' have two cards or enough things yet). Backup ALL your stuff on each card (like one card to a PC and one card to the PS3). Then format both cards.... now.... instead of restoring from the PC/PS3..... put one card in and REDOWNLOAD/reinstall say..... 15 things. Then move the icons to where you want them. Then put in the other card and reinstall the exact same 15 things in the SAME ORDER you did the first card (then put the icons in the same places again). Then try swapping cards......If things don't get jumbled around....... then this is what you need to do from now on.

Take both cards and install the things you'll have on both first in the same order (and move the icons to where you want them both times), THEN you can install the stuff on each card that's only on one card.

Message 26 of 57 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2901 posts

Jan 3, 2013

This post is just so i can subscribe to this thread and get emails when there's replys, can't seem to get it to work except in a new post page like the one I'm typing this in now. Also I'm wondering..... I have a 4 gb card that came with my AC bundle. I plan on getting the 32 gb card. If I put nothing but a few movies on the 4 gb card....... swapping cards would be possible right? Like things shouldn't get jumbled up? And isnt' your card linked to the account? Dont' you have to format cards every time you switch?

Message 27 of 57 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

Yes, I am aware that it would take a firmware update to create more bubbles.    However, the PSP, has zero capacity limits other than the capacity of the memory card.    The PS3 has zero capacity limits other than the capacity of the hard drive, flash drives and external hard drives increase said capacity for movies, music, photos, and an additional backup for save files not copy protected.   For ones that are, you have 1GB of PS+ cloud storage, plenty even for hardcore gamers.   As for PS1/PS2 saves, you can back those up on a flash drive, or PS1 on the Vita/PSP.

200 probably would be a more reasonable number.   The only reason that I say 500 is because I am thinking of the longevity of the Vita.   Have you seen how much space physical cards use?   Yes, there are a few exceptions like Call of Duty, Wipeout, Reality Fighters, LittleBigPlanet, but most games take up 2-3MB tops if you buy them on a cartridge.   I have a Pull N Go Folio as well as 3 card cases, and still have plenty of room.

Also, someone who downloads mini's as well as Playstation Mobile games, and certain PSP and PSOne games, those games don't take up a lot of space.    Yes, I am more of a hardcore gamer, however, I do have friends that I let play my Vita, that will be into different kinds of games.

The Memory card issue to me is not as big of an issue to me than the Livearea limits, which hinders what I can put on my second vita.    Even a 16GB card hits the 100 bubble limit easily, filled with Mini's, PSP, PSOne games not on my Vita, or more simple minded friendly.

All of my PSOne, Mini's, and PSP pre-whatever firmware patch that prevented installation of games onto the PS3(dumb), are on my 1TB Slim PS3.   Backing them up to the computer probably would be easier since you can now back up your games wirelessly via PC.   Even better if I can download anything from the store onto my PC.   I am just **bleep** about having to switch cards, and I wouldn't care so much if the system wouldn't misplace where your icons go.

This is also why I suggested optional installs, for users that can hit the 100 bubble limit, to either create a folder for Games, like Movies, eliminating the need to increase the LiveArea limits, or to increase the number of screens.    If Sony would've coded the system right in the first place, to have a separate menu for games, much like movies and music, in the same form of dropdown menu, all this would be simplified.   To me, 100 applications is gutting the system, not an improvement over the PSP, which had no upper limits to the amount of files other than the space on your cards(There are cheap adapters that let you put 2-64GB micro SD cards into the memory stick pro duo slot.)

Movies shouldn't affect the way your bubbles are positioned on your card.   Your best bet is to try that out and see though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Subscribe to my Youtube page!
https://www.youtube.com/user/HollywoodShono?feature=mhee
Message 28 of 57 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2901 posts

Jan 3, 2013

lol man this site's screwy..... you replied and i STILL didn't get a email saying there was a reply......

Anyway, the way you put things in that latest post...... I have to agree with all of it.  I'd still be interested to see if someone did the test I mentioned above. Pretty sure things are installed to specific data blocks in a specific order (and reads in the same order). I'm pretty sure if you were to install things that go on both cards (or things you  want to be there no matter what card is in it) FIRST, in the same order on BOTH cards... then installed things that dont' go on both.... things wouldnt' get jumbled.

Message 29 of 57 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

I agree with you on a lot of points, but threads like this come off as more of the "Sony tricked us" "I hate Sony" "Vita is failing" etc whining threads which make me p!ssed. Am I a Sony fanboy? Probably. I buy their products. But it's like this everywhere on the internet and not just about Sony and well.... it makes me not want to live on this planet anymore.

Message 30 of 57 (216 Views)
0 Likes