Survivor
2536 posts

Re: 64, 128, 256GB Memory Cards, and LiveArea limits, the two biggest issues on the Vita.

Jan 3, 2013

sincitysir1 wrote:
Biggest community of turds jeez. So he wants to have all his games with him so what? His mind will be at ease knowing he has all his freaken games with him.

I wonder if'll ask PC manufacturers to come up with a 10000TB hard disk to store all Steam Games since he wants his mind to be at

ease knowing all his digital games are with him~.

Message 11 of 57 (389 Views)
MVP Support
13618 posts

Re: 64, 128, 256GB Memory Cards, and LiveArea limits, the two biggest issues on the Vita.

Jan 3, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

sincitysir1 wrote:
Biggest community of turds jeez. So he wants to have all his games with him so what? His mind will be at ease knowing he has all his freaken games with him.

I wonder if'll ask PC manufacturers to come up with a 10000TB hard disk to store all Steam Games since he wants his mind to be at

ease knowing all his digital games are with him~.

10000TB? Would've been easier to say 10 PB drive (Petabyte)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 57 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Re: LiveArea Limits

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

My 2 thread wall of text will not appeal to everyone.    Yes, I am totally aware Sony wants you to buy multiple memory cards.   I am suggesting that Sony removes or modifies the LiveArea limits, and remembering the location of your applications when you swap memory cards, so I buy more 32GB cards.

Playstation 3's have 1TB 2.5" Hard Drives, a 2TB is available however Western Digital decided to be cool and release it 15mm thick instead of the standard 9, unusable.

A PSP with the memory stick pro duo double micro adapter can hold 128GB, which is overkill, however, PSP games max out at 1.6GB, Vita games(Currently)   are maximum 3.3GB for ONE game.   As it stands right now, it's not feasible to download too many Vita games, and that's where I buy cartridges and run into the Livearea limits, but the memory card swapping is a pain because it does not remember where your applications are located.    Take a 4gb card and load it with mini's, then you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Apparently people forgot to read my second message, I will post it again.

Currently, the way LiveArea handles memory card swapping:

System files, and physical games that are in the exact same spot on different memory cards, will retain their location

Every other application will be randomly placed on the memory card, eliminating any organizing you may of done.

Every other game will be randomly placed on the memory card, eliminating any organizing you may of done.

A firmware update would easily fix this, as it turns off people from purchasing multiple memory cards, generating Sony a nice chunk of profit since memory cards cost $2 to manufacture, and it would be much easier to keep memory cards for different items, especially since music play is not supported during anything but 90% of Vita games

For example, I would purchase 3 additional, 32GB cards if the livearea and memory card limits are fixed.   I would specifically put PSP games on one card, Mini's and PSOne games on another card.   Then I could put my Vita games and music on a card by itself, and use my Playstation Plus digital copies instead of physical, that way if I have a friend using my other Vita, we will be able to play the same game.   The fourth memory card would be used for other people in order to play games online from my second vita.

So, Sony could make an additional $300 off me by adressing the memory card and LiveArea limits.

-------------------

How many people posting invalid arguments own 2 games on their vita?   Prove me wrong, post your livearea.   If you are a Playstation Plus owner, especially when it first came out, you will have more than enough non-PSVita content to hold 32GB no problem.   But you still hit the Livearea limits, which to me is a greater problem than the memory card storage.    Delete Final Fantasy 7/8/9 and Smackdown vs Raw 2011 and I gain almost 6GB.

I might be a minority owning dozens of games for an amazing voice, but these are two problems that Sony should adress, or at least alleviate, for hardcore owners.

Will I ever play all 70ish games at once?   No, but why should I have to waste time re-downloading if I get in the mood to play a Final Fantasy game, a pinball game, etc?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Subscribe to my Youtube page!
https://www.youtube.com/user/HollywoodShono?feature=mhee
Message 13 of 57 (383 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13618 posts

Re: LiveArea Limits

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

BShornock wrote:

Playstation 3's have 1TB 2.5" Hard Drives, a 2TB is available however Western Digital decided to be cool and release it 15mm thick instead of the standard 9, unusable.

A PSP with the memory stick pro duo double micro adapter can hold 128GB, which is overkill.

Apparently people forgot to read my second message, I will post it again.

Currently, the way LiveArea handles memory card swapping:

System files, and physical games that are in the exact same spot on different memory cards, will retain their location

Every other application will be randomly placed on the memory card, eliminating any organizing you may of done.

Every other game will be randomly placed on the memory card, eliminating any organizing you may of done.

A firmware update would easily fix this, as it turns off people from purchasing multiple memory cards, generating Sony a nice chunk of profit since memory cards cost $2 to manufacture, and it would be much easier to keep memory cards for different items, especially since music play is not supported during anything but 90% of Vita games

For example, I would purchase 3 additional, 32GB cards if the livearea and memory card limits are fixed.   I would specifically put PSP games on one card, Mini's and PSOne games on another card.   Then I could put my Vita games and music on a card by itself, and use my Playstation Plus digital copies instead of physical, that way if I have a friend using my other Vita, we will be able to play the same game.   The fourth memory card would be used for other people in order to play games online from my second vita.

So, Sony could make an additional $300 off me by adressing the memory card and LiveArea limits.

-------------------

How many people posting invalid arguments own 2 games on their vita?   Prove me wrong, post your livearea.   If you are a Playstation Plus owner, especially when it first came out, you will have more than enough non-PSVita content to hold 32GB no problem.   But you still hit the Livearea limits, which to me is a greater problem than the memory card storage.    Delete Final Fantasy 7/8/9 and Smackdown vs Raw 2011 and I gain almost 6GB.

I might be a minority owning dozens of games for an amazing voice, but these are two problems that Sony should adress, or at least alleviate, for hardcore owners.

Will I ever play all 70ish games at once?   No, but why should I have to waste time re-downloading if I get in the mood to play a Final Fantasy game, a pinball game, etc?

Who says you have to re-download?

You just backup to Content manager and put it back on. Takes just a few minutes.

And if using a few minutes of your time is too much effort, then you're just lazy.

It'd be like arguing "Why doesn't the PS3 have a multi-disc tray? I shouldn't have to waste precious time ejecting the disc inside and putting in a new one, because I want all my games available instantly with no effort whatsoever"

The only thing I agree with is that they should let the icons stay where they are when swapping cards. But I guess that doesn't make too much of a difference to me, I just delete games I don't play anymore.

Message 14 of 57 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Jan 3, 2013
Feasibility is not a requirement in this forum. I know it's wishful thinking but people don't have to be jerks about it.
Message 15 of 57 (373 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13618 posts

Jan 3, 2013

sincitysir1 wrote:
Feasibility is not a requirement in this forum. I know it's wishful thinking but people don't have to be jerks about it.

Welcome to the world of the internet.

The reason I don't like these wishful thinking threads, is that 

1. People post the SAME TOPICS over and over (there was already a topic about larger memory cards not even a few days ago)

2. It pushes all the actually INTERESTING topics (like, you know, Game news, new patches, free stuff)  down or to the next page.

Message 16 of 57 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Jan 3, 2013
People come to forums because

A) no one if the real world cares enough to listen to what news you have about the vita
B) they feel comfortable

Yes I agree with u about the topics of interest being pushed down but u have to agree some people are just jerks.
Message 17 of 57 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Jan 3, 2013

sincitysir1 wrote:

If somebody would tell me this offline I'd give them the same snide response, it's not like the monitor automagically turns me into a cynical jerk. I am one by default. Like you said, people come to the forums looking for help or PSV news, "wishful thinking" threads belong to neither of those categories~.

Message 18 of 57 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Jan 3, 2013

im so tired of this forum and the same people always giving negative comments just because someone wants to discuss something.  welcome to the internet, yes this statement is true, but people are going to complain about things, whether it's memory cards, the types of topics, things being pushed down, games, etc.  regardless of what is posted, people will try to troll and flame.... I personally don't care if people express their opinions anymore, because that is the purpose of the FORUM...doesn't mean I always have to comment back... the threads lately haven't really been interesting at all and it seems that the majority of major respectable posters on this forum have left, or are in the same position as me and has become just a viewer.  Of course there are exceptions such as the few who don't have anything else to do with their time and are just on here all day for no reason waiting for a thread like this to pop up.  I find it amazing how people think they understand how everything works and are trying to be the realistic and logical person on this forum, but really... who cares.. what is being logical and smart on here doing for society or the world for that matter? nothing.  this isn't the real world.. it's a place just to type about the vita.  what is also incredible is the fact that like basically... those people think they work for sony and understand how they run their business and their policies and what is feasable and blah blah... god... depressing... seriously if these people have all this "Knowledge" put it to something useful rather than being on this stupid forum yelling at people because of their thread topic... holy crap.

Message 19 of 57 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

Pot meets kettle, but you probably saw that coming. Just saying. Live and let live, can't expect threads to be all about brown nosing, if you post something silly chances are, like offline, you are going to be told it is~.

And to be honest, there's been no lack of respect in this thread or any other in quite a while~.

Message 20 of 57 (352 Views)
0 Likes