May 04 2013
By: MuhMitchell First Son 7 posts

$60 to spend, need responses quickly

14 replies 189 views Edited May 4, 2013

$60 to spend today, just need some ideas for what games to get, shoot some responses out people! I'll research the games as soon as I can.

Message 1 of 15 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20403 posts

Re: $60 to spend, need responses quickly

May 4, 2013
I think one important piece of information we need to know is what kind of game you are looking for. We could be throwing out suggestions and you wouldn't even like what we were suggesting to you.

So, what kind of game are you looking for? A shooter? Puzzle? RPG? etc?
Message 2 of 15 (183 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 4, 2013

I like any games, just really need something to play right now. No sports games though, already playing a lot of NBA 2K13 since it dropped. Might just end up pre-ordering Last of Us Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 15 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11752 posts

May 4, 2013

The Last of Us looks like a good game. If you're going to go get it this June then spending your money on that would be ideal. However, there are tons of other games out there you could be playing at the moment. For example, Dead Island: Riptide came out in late April. It's not a good game by any means, but this RPG does provide a cooperative multiplayer experience where you can roam the entire island alone or with a group of three others killing off all sorts of infected along the way.

A better example of an RPG this year is the one known as Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. One of the year's very best games, it has its charms including enjoyable music and a plot that will have you hooked. Of course there's other recent games like Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, God of War: Ascension and the new Tomb Raider reboot. All of these games have received positive feedback, so if you want something recent it's probably hard to go wrong with any of them. Of course, I'd suggest you save that money for something you really want instead of something just to have.

Message 4 of 15 (171 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 4, 2013

Thanks for the response man, I'll definitely be looking into some of those games you listed.

Message 5 of 15 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

May 4, 2013

whats the rush?

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 6 of 15 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

May 4, 2013

I also recommend the new Tomb Raider and Ni No Kuni. Also check Demon's Souls, it's only $20 I think (Somewhere in that price range, it's €20,- on EU store)

Message 7 of 15 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

May 4, 2013

far cry 3 blood dragon! really really funny action FPS

Message 8 of 15 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2943 posts

May 4, 2013

A game I got recently and have really enjoyed is BioShock Infinite. Although it doesn't feature multiplayer its story is amazing and the replay value is going back to find every collectible Voxophone, Infusion, or sight seer in the game as well as trying to beat the game on the ridiculously hard 1999 Mode. 

Another game that I always look back to are Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. Both games give you insane replay value (especially if you get the Game of the Year / Ultimate Editions as they are only 10 bucks more) and are VERY fun as they are about as open ended of a game you can get. I believe Fallout 3 (Game of the Year Edition) is 20 bucks and New Vegas (Ultimate Edition) is 40 bucks. So you'd be able to get them both, but they are pretty old. 

Last of Us would be a wise choice as well, that game looks amazing. I'm looking forward to its release. 

Message 9 of 15 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

May 4, 2013

Get Playstation Plus. It's only $50 for a year subscription and you will get free games every month as well as discounts and other goodies. It is something you wont regret. The games for May are suppose to be good, worth more than just $60 for that month alone.

If you want just one game, get Ni No Kuni. It is one of the best games I've played in years. 90 + hours of fun.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 15 (124 Views)
0 Likes