Jun 22 2012
By: JoeTheBeast16 First Son 9 posts

***6/23 Winner!*** Playstation, A Valued Member of My Family.

13 replies 95 views Edited Jun 22, 2012

I've been a Gamer ever since the first time I picked up a controller but in the past few years, gaming has become a valuable part of my family life.

To start, I'll give a little bit of background, I'm 20 years old, and a stay at home dad. In October of 2008 I met a wonderful girl, and fell in love rather quickly. She didn't like videogames at all when she met me, but when I convinced her to play some multiplayer in Haze with me, she fell in love with it, playing everything from Farcry 2 to Army of Two, as well as Call Of Duty (What can I say, she Loves shooting stuff )
With the help of Playstation, we bonded and grew together over the first year of our relationship, and then in December of 2009 we welcomed our daughter into the world. From helping her pass the time while she was recovering from giving birth, to giving us something we could do quietly while our daughter was napping, Playstation served as an important comfort for us while we adapted to our new lives. I started working when our daughter was 3 months old, and for over a year she stayed at home, taking care of our daughter and taking care of the house while I was working, not to mention playing MAG, COD, and Battlefield, when she had time. We'd play a few matches together when I got home from work, and then we'd go to bed. This continued until she grew a little stir-crazy, so we decided to switch things up a bit, she got a job and I quit mine. Now she works during the day, and games with me at night.

So I became a stay at home dad, and I've loved every moment with my beautiful daughter. I've used my Playstation Eye to capture home movies, we even caught our daughters first steps on my ps3! My Daughter is now 2 and a half, and she's loving Playstation as much as we are, from Eye Pet to Little Big Planet and Learning With the PooYoo's, she Loves to game. We now have 2 ps3's, so we can either play online matches on different screens, or play splitscreen on one, while our daughter watches Netflix or Hulu Plus on the other. Playstation is more than just gaming for us, it's entertainment as a whole for our family. Playstation enables us to do more than just game together, we watch 3D movies together on our Playstation 3D Display, we exercise together with our Playstation Move, heck, I even use my Vita and my laptop as a baby monitor using the Skype App to keep an eye on my daughter if I have to duck out for a minute. I could go on and on, reminiscing all of the wonderful memories that our family has shared with the Playstation brand, but that would do little to convey just how much we love it. Let me put it this way, the day after tomorrow we'll be sitting down as a family, with popcorn in hand, to enjoy the Playstation E3 press conference- like a family sitting down to watch a loved one in a school play or a sports game, it's always nice to see a family member shine. As much as I'd like to keep typing, I have some chores to do and then I have to go work on my chess strategy, she gets home at 10:30 tonight, and we've got a Pure Chess tournament planned. (Gorgeous 3D and I Love the Play by Mail feature)

Long_Live_Play

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 14 (95 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Re: Playstation, A Valued Member of My Family.

Jun 4, 2012

I also want to add that two days ago, my Daughter realized her love for DC Superheroes (I'm a huge Superman Fan) and I can't wait to show her DC Universe Online and seeing what she thinks of watching some Superheroes save the city! 15 more hours until the Playstation Press conference, and I can't wait to see what surprises they've got in store.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (94 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 5, 2012

LBP 2 for free from Plus, starting tomorrow?!
My Daughter will be very pleased

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (94 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
1462 posts

Jun 20, 2012

great post! any pictures you're able to share?

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (94 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 21, 2012

Here's a video taken with out Playstation Eye of a few our daughters first steps (I'll admit she took a few steps before I had the idea to start the video)

Chloe with Move.jpg

Chloe, Playing Move
Mom, Chloe and I.jpg

This one is Chloe showing her Gramma how to play Escape Plan on our Vita.

And we're going to take one as a family tonight when Mary gets home from work of all 3 of us with our favorite playstation gear

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (94 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 21, 2012

Here's a little Family portrait (As you can see, there's some Playstation in there )Family and Playstation.jpg
As hard as I tried, I couldn't get Chloe to look away from Paint Park and smile at the camera

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (94 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 21, 2012

Thanks @jpbslayer! I appreciate the kind words

And btw, HOLY CRAP, nice Battlefield stats, I want you on my team!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (94 Views)
0 Likes
1462 posts

Jun 22, 2012

aweosme pictures =) I'd like to run with your post for the weekend; are you ok if we use the pictures and youtube video in the post? I'll DM you with the rewards and stuff as well!

depending on how you feel about people on the internet watching your video, you may want to think about whether or not you want comments enable or not, but your call! it will get a decent spotlight on it from the post =)

@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4989 posts

Jun 22, 2012

ummm maybe i should edit my post --b4 you make this national?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (94 Views)
0 Likes
1462 posts

Jun 22, 2012

your call!

@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (94 Views)
0 Likes