MVP Support
6002 posts

Re: 49 Things you should know about the PS4!

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

Crescendo_66 wrote:

I get tired of the whole specs thing the PS4 and Xbox One are just video game consoles with low end pc components people still argue that Xbox One is weaker in hardware.. actually not really well to me it isnt the Xbox One has the more advanced technology while the PS4 is mainly a upgrade to the GPU and more RAM included.

And to the poster of this message you act like you know everything about the console you know posts similar like this is what gets the fray going on right? its best to let the Official companies alone explain and reveal the specs instead of having other people bash the other company by using other peoples hard work in there articles when in several cases turn out to be near 60% false most are based of rumors anyway.

Here let me give you my 6 sents on my thoughts on the consoles:

I think the PS4 is eh compared to the Xbox One that is eh.

The PS4 is hideously disgusting looking YES im picky about appearances

AL.Xbox One looks more acceptable to keep in my room i mean the PS4 is so ugly i would want it out of eye sight good thing its small i would easily hide it. I dont like the design

BE.The controller on the PS4 is nothing new i still dont like the tumbsticks positions its still small my fingers hurt using the PS3 controller aa it is and a Touchpad.... why? what could you possibly do with a touchpad? its like the Wii U with that screen on the controller. Hate the controller design.

Xbox One

AL. Design is fine there is nothing wrong with it its sleek and black and it is built to sit down and not stand up so its fine

BE. Controller of Xbox's are always the best the new controller is perfect i like its new elegant design and i like the fact it didnt put nothing on it in the center and stayed soly buttons and thumbsticks

OM. Kinect being mandatory yea well i dont like the fact it has to sit there on doing nothing but it sure might have features to Flex the power. So dont want the Kinect on just flex its power im sure a function will exist to do so

Well it looks like three things to me...

1) You and You_Silly_Humans are totally disregarding my links and could care less

2) You both are in denial and can't handle the truth

3) Like my kids Team Umi Zoomi show, I see a pattern here

Really like that Xbox One don't you? Don't like it when I show its inferior, even when I show an article of Mark cerney, who knows technology a bit better than others. If anyone thinks otherwise, your colors are plainly showing. 

Here's the thing, you would think I was a fanboy right? Do you see my signature? I'm an ex-Xbox 360 owner. After owning my PS3 for the first few years since launch, I started reading Digital Foundry (off the Eurogamer website) and saw that the multiplatformas were 90% better looking/playable on 360. So I sold my PS3 (launch 60gb) and bought the 360 when the first 360 slim can out (game profile was da1writer1985). Was happy with it due to some of the exclusives (Alan Wake, Gears of War) and Digital Foundry always proved right that the multiplatform titles were better on 360. It was only when I bought Vita in February last year did my thinking changed. More so it was PlayStation Plus when it finally came to the Vita did that convert my way of thinking actually. Compared to what Xbox Live Gold gave users (online access plus free pc apps), it looked to me Sony was providing much better value out of a subscription service (free games every month, automatic patches/updates/cloud saves, early beta access, discounts of 50 - 80%), I couldn't believe What I was missing out on. Had my wife buy me the Super Slim PS3 this past December, had already been a PlayStation Plus member due to my Vita so I went crazy with my PS3 and its free titles (can't believe how many PS3 exclusives I missed like Journey). It wasn't until the Xbox One reveal of tvtvtvsportssports, Bad PR all around and snobby Xbox execs giving gamers the bird (especially to our deployed military members, their original policies told them too bad they can't own an Xbox One), and flip flopping to the point of being untrustworthy that pushed me over the edge. I just can't support a company like that, so I became a convert, sold my 360 and over twenty of my games (almost cried when trading in my Alan Wake, I really loved that game but at least it came to PC to ease my pain). Money from that was obviously put towards my PS4.

So there's my Sony Microsoft love triangle, no fanboyism. While because of how I feel about Microsoft, it still doesn't skew my thinking. I still know multiplatform games look better on 360 and will happily post a digital foundry article stating so like recently someone mention Saints Row The Third looking worse on PS3 than 360, that I posted a link. What I won't do is think the Xbox One has better tech than PS4, especially since I did my research extensively, something Crescendo_66 you have not bothered doing. Seeing the specs and saying that's enough for you to think, "Yep their similar but Xbox One is better because of design and Kinect!"

Wow. The credibility is now lost with me. If I was provided links to show the Xbox One was being heralded as being better than PS4 we could actually have as good debate, but sadly everyone, even the people in the Xbox forums believe the PS4 is much more powerful than the Xbox One. My links were not fanboy links, they were articles from about what devs had to say. Of course, can't believe them right, not like they are making games for both platforms? Are you ok?

If you like the Xbox One, good on ya, allot of people like the tv function and focus on sports and general aspect of the Xbox One being a main entertainment device. I have not mentioned you shouldn't buy it. If the majority of your friends are on the Xbox platforms, it's better for you to stay with the company that provides that connected world to them. If most of the games you like are on that platform, go for it. What I won't accept though is blatantly denying that the PS4 is more powerful than the Xbox One despite what devs have said (EA has been stated saying this as well). I'll continue to gladly post Digital Foundry posts in the future to prove my point later if you like.

Tread careful now though, both of your posts have now shown that maybe you really aren't going to buy the PS4 and Xbox One. Your posts are one sided of a particular platform...

Message 61 of 122 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

The xbox one will run cooler and more silently for sure, this is true. This will most likely result in a longer life span of the console.

Crescendo_66 wrote:

With Kinect the Xbox One shows new features and with the new controller its a huge improvement have you seen the controller? its goregous man i as a PC user will buy the new controller to play my PC games with

Sure the PS4 has better Memory, Electrical Flexibility, Faster Processing etc..

But why is the Xbox the bad guy when it comes to specs that tend to be a tad lower?

* Faster processor "Let the games speak on that"

* More efficient processor

* Fast memory "Have you seen the Xbox One's Multitasking it is very fast and fluid"

* Partition memory

8GB but some will be used by the 3 Running OS but the Xbox One is also Cloud Powered.

* More efficient power supply "All devices/machines are power efficent now adays"

* Moderate / Less heat output

* Kinect Flexability "Since it is strictly required or the machine will not work without it"

"My guesses on such features"

Microphone I/O On or Off

Camera Power Flex

Sensetivity features

Custom Kinect Adjust features 

Oh right the Xbox One will also have such abilities as well do you think Microsoft would just make a bigger box with a bigger power supply? i personally dought it.

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Message 62 of 122 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Penello told the assembled representatives of NeoGAF in a thread about his comments over the weekend. "What I was trying to say is - I'm not Sony's engineering team. So I can't comment on what they have published as specs.

"I know what our teams are doing, and I know how they thought about architecting the system. The guys who are building these machines (on both sides) are unbelievably talented and experts in their field. Nobody knows the specifics of how the machines are architected or if there may be bottlenecks in one system or accelerators in another that change the impact of the published specs.

"What I believe is that our games are going to be great and they are going to look next-gen, and I *think* E3 sort of showed that," he continued. "And great games are what matters. And while you guys joke about the cloud stuff, I think the stuff the Respawn guys have said starts to clear up what we've been talking about with cloud performance (cue the "have you seen Titanfall" meme).

"Games on both systems looked awesome. I was there, and while I know RYSE took a hit on the gameplay that was shown, I thought it was the most next-gen looking game I saw on either platform. Of course, I get I'm biased and I didn't have time to see everything.

"As always, I love taking the hits. And I appreciate that while the words I used were robably worth some scrutiny, I do appreciate that some of you got what I was trying to say."

In a startling twist, Penello went onto suggest that Xbox One's specifications might yet be subject to alteration in the months between now and the console's November release.

"I would like to pose this question to the audience," he remarked in a subsequent post. "There are several months until the consoles launch, and [as] any student of the industry will remember, specs change.

"Given the rumored specs for both systems, can anyone conceive of a circumstance or decision one platform holder could make, where despite the theoretical performance benchmarks of the components, the box that appears "weaker" could actually be more powerful?

"I believe the debate on this could give some light to why we don't want to engage in a specification debate until both boxes are final and shipping."

Penello retreated from the idea in a third post, however. "Nope, not implying that. I'm asking if people could conceive of a circumstance where the published specs might not tell the whole story on performance. I'm not talking about the cloud, either."

This could have something to do with a Digital Foundry claim that Xbox One's memory performance may have been hugely underestimated - we'll ask for comment. Here's our definitive Xbox One guide to chew on in the meantime.

If you have faith, I would wait for the consoles to be released and start playing games before you start stating " facts. "

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Message 63 of 122 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 7, 2013

I am going to buy the PS4 but for the purpose of DriveClub and a hope for Modnation Racers 3

as for Microsoft

Didnt i say im Pro Mircosoft? yes i like Microsoft and there products but the whole thing with fanboyism is not my case

Its very safe to say Xbox One is now a unique console catered to a unique audiance "That would be me"

Its very safe to say PS4 is catered to all gamers now since it successfuly dominated pre-orders

Its very safe to say that most of the gamers are now Sony fans

60% Sony Fanatical Base

20% Nintendo Fanatical Base

15% Xbox Fanatical Base

5% PC Gamers

You can visit any Xbox One video on youtube i guarantee the video will be disliked so awefully by Sony Fans and the now Ex-Xbox Fans.

And of course any PS4 bash video due to sensetivity from that very base.

You can call me a fanboy of that system but i know darn well that what i listed is true its not that im defending this very particular system im saying how it is.

And remember the DRM thing? most so called GAMERS wanted the feature removed and it hardly did a darn thing i only had 1 thing against it and that was 24/7 check requirements of the Xbox One being connected to the internet but they removed several features that might have made the Xbox a very unique console compared to the PS4 or what i like to call the PS3.5 "Sorry most of you are adult men any way deal with that criticism"

If you hate the Xbox fine its alright do this DONT BUY IT as for us the unique users who were looking forward to those features we cant experience them no more and it sure stinks. I will still buy the system cause the games still have my high interest i liked several games on that console so i will buy all of them and for PS4 (Kingdom Hearts DriveClub) thats it..

Message 64 of 122 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Jul 7, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

Color coded for your replies!

1. The PS4 will require PlaystationPlus for "Multiplayer" gameplay. This does NOT follow onto anything else on the PlaystationNetwork.

Sorry but that's incorrect, it will but only if the developer says so, so most yes, but NOT all multiplayer games will require a PS Plus Subscription.

Also the other poster da1writer didn't post their own poll just a link to an external third-party poll, they broke no Forum rules 514!

BRIT-KO

Didnt want to take the chance Smiley Tongue

Isnt that for Free 2 Play games though? 

I understand what you're saying, perhaps it's the wording that is slightly confusing for people, 'free-to-play' isn't a term I'm used to & again is also confusing, my vew is that although the vast majority of games would require a Plus Subscription not all will, the developer will decide that.

BRIT-KO

That is very much plausable. 

What I mean by this is games like; DCUniverse, Free Realms, etc.  The games that are available for free are the ones that will be left into the developers hands, but thats just what I have heard.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 65 of 122 (112 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6002 posts

Jul 7, 2013

You_Silly_Humans wrote:
Penello told the assembled representatives of NeoGAF in a thread about his comments over the weekend. "What I was trying to say is - I'm not Sony's engineering team. So I can't comment on what they have published as specs.

"I know what our teams are doing, and I know how they thought about architecting the system. The guys who are building these machines (on both sides) are unbelievably talented and experts in their field. Nobody knows the specifics of how the machines are architected or if there may be bottlenecks in one system or accelerators in another that change the impact of the published specs.

"What I believe is that our games are going to be great and they are going to look next-gen, and I *think* E3 sort of showed that," he continued. "And great games are what matters. And while you guys joke about the cloud stuff, I think the stuff the Respawn guys have said starts to clear up what we've been talking about with cloud performance (cue the "have you seen Titanfall" meme).

"Games on both systems looked awesome. I was there, and while I know RYSE took a hit on the gameplay that was shown, I thought it was the most next-gen looking game I saw on either platform. Of course, I get I'm biased and I didn't have time to see everything.

"As always, I love taking the hits. And I appreciate that while the words I used were robably worth some scrutiny, I do appreciate that some of you got what I was trying to say."

In a startling twist, Penello went onto suggest that Xbox One's specifications might yet be subject to alteration in the months between now and the console's November release.

"I would like to pose this question to the audience," he remarked in a subsequent post. "There are several months until the consoles launch, and [as] any student of the industry will remember, specs change.

"Given the rumored specs for both systems, can anyone conceive of a circumstance or decision one platform holder could make, where despite the theoretical performance benchmarks of the components, the box that appears "weaker" could actually be more powerful?

"I believe the debate on this could give some light to why we don't want to engage in a specification debate until both boxes are final and shipping."

Penello retreated from the idea in a third post, however. "Nope, not implying that. I'm asking if people could conceive of a circumstance where the published specs might not tell the whole story on performance. I'm not talking about the cloud, either."

This could have something to do with a Digital Foundry claim that Xbox One's memory performance may have been hugely underestimated - we'll ask for comment. Here's our definitive Xbox One guide to chew on in the meantime.

If you have faith, I would wait for the consoles to be released and start playing games before you start stating " facts. "

ok, then I will wait to bring judgement so early. I'm also glad a dev sees digital foundry as a good site to reference to. I'll gladly post Digital Foundry articles in the future for comparison sake though Smiley Wink! Just for fun though.

Message 66 of 122 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Well the power depends on how long you actually use it trust me the system will overheat the same for the PS4 if you over use it its normal for machines to heat up more due to overuse

Message 67 of 122 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Well it looks like three things to me...

1) You and """You_Silly_Humans""" are totally disregarding my links and could care less

2) You both are in denial and can't handle the truth

3) Like my kids Team Umi Zoomi show, I see a pattern here

Dude if you are getting a tad serious please leave You_Silly_Humans out of this hes a cool guy

Message 68 of 122 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Very good post Five. I posted something similar on the Xbox forums and got a lot of flamers on me saying I was a sony fanboy and such. Funny because I was a regular poster since I was an Xbox only owner at that time. Lots of good reads here, but some of them are opinion not fact, still a great list overall.

photo sig_zps8bd32844.jpg
Reformed Xbox Player (6/23/13)
Online/Co-op: Battlefield 3 - Saints Row 3 - Killzone 2&3 - LittleBigPlanet Racing - FFXIV [Beta]
Message 69 of 122 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Jul 7, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

Color coded for your replies!

1. The PS4 will require PlaystationPlus for "Multiplayer" gameplay. This does NOT follow onto anything else on the PlaystationNetwork.

Sorry but that's incorrect, it will but only if the developer says so, so most yes, but NOT all multiplayer games will require a PS Plus Subscription.

Also the other poster da1writer didn't post their own poll just a link to an external third-party poll, they broke no Forum rules 514!

BRIT-KO

That makes no sense.  Why would any developer in their right mind limit the user base for no reason?  Is it just a matter of Sony hosting the servers?  Because most games now are peer to peer  on PS3.  From the looks of things EA does pretty good for itself renting its dedicated server space to the public.  I don't really see the motivation for all this PS+/multiplayer stuff.

photo lainer_zps236ea951.jpg
Message 70 of 122 (70 Views)
0 Likes