Wastelander
602 posts

Re: $5 a month for plus

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

drahkel wrote:

I'm well aware how much the xbox is going to suck. Never once have i owned a xbox and i never will either. Playstation is best. However, some people cannot afford to pay for online. Like i said, we're spending close to a grand just for this console. How i see it, is they're pretty much punishing you by making you pay for multiplayer. Never once have you ever had to pay for  mutliplayer. I see no reason why we should have to now. Sony is a multi billion dollar company. If you ask me...it's just greed

Still $5 isn't much. However, $50 is a lot. With that i could buy myself something needed. Or i could buy me some new release games dempending on what games they are. I wouldn't mind paying $5 but than at the end of the month i need to pay another $5. Or i could just pay $50 and be done with it but that is a lot of money

A grand? You do know a grand is $1000 right? not $400. Its less then half a grand.

Message 11 of 46 (195 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7623 posts

Jun 11, 2013

I don't see a problem with it i have playstation plus and is one of the best services the Playstation 3 has good thing it is implement on the PS4 paying $50 a year is not that much or $60 just save the money until you can get it if you can buy a lot of games a year you can also buy a playstation plus subscription 

KANE-FIRE

Message 12 of 46 (187 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Jun 12, 2013

That's for the USA. I live in Canada. In Canada the price is $500 not $400 and there is still taxes on that which is probably close to $100 which is $600 Plus you do not buy a ps4 without a game so that's another $60 plus tax probably $75 which that is almost $700 right there. That is 3/4 of the way to $1000

Message 13 of 46 (167 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jun 12, 2013

I have had plus in the past i didn't see anything different other than getting a couple really **bleep** games for free. All i am saying is they should make it so you can play online for free but if someone wants to pay for plus they can

Message 14 of 46 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jun 12, 2013

^ i agree the ps plus should be an option and not mandatory to play online just like ps3 and ps2 where you can play online free. that was the one benefit it had over xbox even though the online experience was inferior... i think more than enough people can afford ps plus but its the principal behind it that they are charging gamers to play online compared to before...i dont even use online much only when a good multiplayer game is out like killzone or call of duty... so i guess i will pay monthly

Message 15 of 46 (157 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
26170 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2013

drahkel wrote:

I don`t smoke lol. However, i could be going out and doing something. I might get a ps4 still but right now i have decided not to because this **bleep** me off too much. Onlt thing wrong with ps4 is this the rest is epic win. It`s just $50 is expensive

Really? What can you possibly do these days for five bucks? You're lucky if you can find a bargain matinee on a Tuesday for that. I'm sure you blow at least five dollars, or more for that matter, in the course of an average week without even thinking.

Let me give you guys some perspective. If you go out to a bar and you see a girl you want to talk to (and I don't want to hear "I'd never go to a bar", because that's being obstinate), it will cost you at least eight to ten dollars just to say hello. It will cost you another twenty to thirty to keep the conversation going. By the time you hit fifty dollars in drinks, you'll probably get a wrong number. If you live in a city like L.A. or New York, that number DOUBLES.

Really? Five dollars a month and you make a "principled" stand? This is just the typical gamer entitlment outrage. You can dig around your couch cushions and come up with the money. Many of you think I'm being unfair, but this is more evidence that "gamers" have a skewed view of finance. NOWHERE in the industrialized world does anyone say "if I only had fifty American dollars, then I would live like a rich man!".

Message 16 of 46 (155 Views)
MVP Support
12706 posts

Jun 12, 2013

The cost of plus is the same as one game. So whup de doo, you can't buy one more game a year.

And considering you'll be getting free games throughout the year (like Drive Club), it'll pay for itself.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 17 of 46 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2013

I am not talking about $5 a month. I am talking about $50 a year. As i said before, and i will stick to this. I have paid for the GAME and the CONSOLE i should not have to pay extra just to play multiplayer which comes WITH the game. Also a game is $60 for a new release. plus is $50 for a year. I do not see how that is not the same price as a game. Not to mention you do not need to get a new release. So i could get 3 games for $60 when prices drop

Also i don't care for drive club the game looks like crap. The only racing game i even enjoy was need for speed most wanted the first game for ps3

Message 18 of 46 (140 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12706 posts

Jun 12, 2013

drahkel wrote:

I am not talking about $5 a month. I am talking about $50 a year. As i said before, and i will stick to this. I have paid for the GAME and the CONSOLE i should not have to pay extra just to play multiplayer which comes WITH the game. Also a game is $60 for a new release. plus is $50 for a year. I do not see how that is not the same price as a game. Not to mention you do not need to get a new release. So i could get 3 games for $60 when prices drop

Well in that case you can wait until the PS4 drops to $200 and pick up everything.

And boohoo, $10 less than a game. Oh no. That's so far off. You were just talking about how paying $700 is close to a grand, so $50 is close to a game.

And if you don't like the policy, go play PC games then. You agree to the ToS when you sign up for PSN.

And the only games you'll be missing out on are the Sony Exclusives (and considering they're exclusive, then the multiplayer does not technically come with the game, since it was Sony's choice to charge for it).

Deal with it and move on

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 46 (136 Views)
Sackboy
519 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2013

I think it's absurd and unnecessary, they really are trying to push the Playstation Plus. I even have the Playstation Plus myself and I don't think it's worth my money.

Message 20 of 46 (134 Views)