May 05 2012
By: IMA_BEAST_AT_IT First Son 17 posts

5/5 Winner: Long Live Play.. and Love?

13 replies 61 views Edited May 5, 2012

PlayStation. Oh, how much I love you. I loved my PSone, PS2, PSP, and most of all my PS3. I don't have a Vita yet, but I am picking one up as soon as I have some extra cash to spare.

First, a little about me. My name is Steven and I am currently 20 yrs old. I am a waiter and I am making enough money to pay off my car/ insurance, plus I'm helping my parents out with bills. So yeah, money is kind of tough right now.

Now let me tell you why I love PlayStation so much. It was about 3 years ago when I got my PS3. The first game I played on it was Heavenly Sword, and boy was that game amazing. (Still hoping for a sequel). But I have to say that the game I spent the most time on was Call of Duty 4. I spent countless hours on that game.

Well I was in the 11th grade at the time and one day after school I was in the Library. I was on the computer just browsing different gaming sites. Then this girl sat at the computer next to me and when I glanced at her.. she was the most beautiful girl I've seen!

I wanted to talk to her so bad, but I was so nervous. I sat there for at least 15 minutes trying to gain enough confidence just so she could realize I existed!

As luck would have it, her phone rang, and I heard her speak. She said something like, "No, I already ate. When I'm done, I'm just gonna head home and play LittleBigPlanet".

It was now or never. I asked her how much she was into games and it turned out, this girl was just as much a gamer as me! We spent nearly an hour talking about games and she invited me to her house for the weekend. We talked about games almost everytime we were together. She wasn't really into action games, but I got her hooked on God of War.

We started hanging out more, and became close friends, but I knew we were meant to be more than that. I wanted to ask her out, but there goes my nerves again. About a month passed and I gathered enough courage to ask her out.

I came up with a great idea. I borrowed LittleBigPlanet and spent about an hour creating my own level. I invited her over the next day and told her to play a "super awesome level" I created. All sackboy had to do was walk from one end of the screen to the other. But its what was on the background that stood out. I put in big bold letters "Would you like to go out with me?" She couldn't stop smiling and she finally said yes. She told me that was the cutest thing she has seen and only a genius would've came up with an idea like that!!

Our first date went perfect. We actually found out we had a lot in common. We went to a park, then a restaurant, then some good old fashion games on the PlayStation3. We went out a few more times after that before officially becoming a couple.

Fast foward to present day, and we are still together, and yes we both still love PlayStation games. We both were so excited when they announced God of War: Ascension! (Well, we found out before the official announcement, thanks to Amazon).

I am in love with this girl, and she is in love with me. All this is thanks to PlayStation. Without that, I can honestly say I would have never met my soulmate. Maybe in 3 years, I plan on editing that level I created on LBP, but instead I will have it say, "Will you marry me?"

Thank you PlayStation. For everything.

Message 9 of 14 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Re: Long Live Play.. and Love?

Apr 28, 2012

wow dude, just wow....that was touching, and the portion about how you asked her out was clever and charming (totally made me smile). I hope your post gets chosen, and I hope you guys stay happy together for a very long time! PS: I might borrow your smooth move

Message 1 of 14 (61 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Apr 28, 2012

Ha, thanks man. I can't believe I came up with that idea either. I guess I am a genius. Lol. But I kno I'm waaaay too young to even think about marriage right now, but when the time is right, I'm wondering if I should still ise the LBP idea or come up with a better one. I can think of plenty more ways to proose, but I thinl it will mean more to her if I do it LBP style :smileyhappy:

It has sentimental value, cause its how our relationship got started. I'll think about it later. But feel free to use my move, man. (Ima call it the Beast move) lol. But I can give you better ideas than that.

Message 2 of 14 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Apr 28, 2012

Awesome story dude! You reminded me how much being single sucks Anyway that's cool you found a gamer girlfriend, those are pretty hard to find.

As for proposing her 'LBP style', you can always carry LBP Vita around and show her somewhere besides at home. Or you can make a track on LBP Karting that has words over you saying 'Will you marry me?'. On the other hand, she may want a more traditional proposal so that's up for you to decide.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 14 (61 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Apr 28, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to read my story, also for some great tips. I have to admit, that the LBP Vita idea is super clever. That way I can do it in public where it can be more emotional. Hopefully I have a Vita by then. Maybe the will have the Vita slim or Vita 2.0 or maybe even PSP3 by then.. lol. But thanks for the idea, ima keep that one in mind when the time comes.

Message 4 of 14 (61 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 28, 2012

That was a touching story . If I were you, I would want to outshine the original LBP ask her out with the proposal. Perhaps, something that is not quite so obvious as just the words in the background. I know that you can do some pretty amazing things in LBP, perhaps create a trigger of sorts that while shes playing the level begins knocking down letters that spell out "Will You Marry Me?". Perhaps even take a picture of the ring and incorporate it into the level?

Message 5 of 14 (61 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Apr 28, 2012

What happens if I create a level and she can't complete it :smileytongue:

Another idea I have is to buy a sackboy and put the ring on his left hand, then give it to her as a present. But idk, I have a few years to perfect my plan..

Message 6 of 14 (61 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1486 posts

OFFICIAL POST
May 2, 2012

Awesome story =) 

- morgan haro - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 7 of 14 (61 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

May 2, 2012

Thanks Morgan =]

Message 8 of 14 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
437 posts

Re: 5/5 Winner: Long Live Play.. and Love?

May 5, 2012

YOU got to be kidding me dude, really? WOW TO be honest that's 1st time i see that happen ever, your one lucky dude  IMA_BEAST_AT_IT. For me luck with girls are super bad their never notice me when i don't try or do try to make them happy. All girls i find end up with bad guy over me; ether i got curse on me or i am just unluckiest guy ever.  Well i won't say any more then that but maybe the most unluckiest guy like me will someday find that special someone until then.

Peace Out

Message 10 of 14 (61 Views)
0 Likes