May 18 2012
By: renewman1 PlayStation MVP 29 posts

****5/19 Winner Theivery and Optimism: A Story!****

7 replies 69 views Edited May 18, 2012

I'm posting this again in Discussions because I have no idea what tomes is for. ^^;

Hi there Playstation fanboys, fangirls, and fanpets (I know you're out there!). My name is Renewman1 (real name is Danual Stinnette). I am 22 years old, a veteran of the United States Air Force, a Computer Science college student, and a Playstation fanatic. Akilleez (winner of The Tester S3) doesn't have nothing on me! I wanted to start writing these entries as kind of a connection to my world and how I see all things Sony. However, like all good stories and police reports, we have to start at the very beginning.

I was born in a log cabin in 1884...Just kidding. My story begins back on June 6th, 2010. I was a fresh faced Air Force member on my way from Moody Air Force Base in Valdosta, Georgia going to Kunsan Air Base in Gunsan, South Korea. I was excited to be going to another country and like a good Playstation fan, I packed my PS3 and my rather large collection of games in my checked in luggage and flew from Virginia (where I currently live now) to Seattle. Upon arrival I rechecked my luggage (never can be too careful) and resubmitted it to the baggage claim and went on my merry way. The next leg of the trip required us to fly to Anchorage, Alaska before finally making our way to South Korea. As we were flying away from Anchorage, disaster struck. The left engine of our plane began to smoke! People started screaming and crying as the pilot turned the plane around and we landed safely back in Anchorage. Since it was a malfunction of the turbine and needed a new part, we were grounded for the night in Alaska. Also unfortunately, we were not allowed to gather our luggage from the plane (remember this detail). After a restless night (I mean could you sleep with the sun beaming in your eyes at 12 midnight?), we jumped back on the plane and finished our journey to South Korea.

When I finally got to my base and settled in, I unpacked my luggage to assess my things. To my horror and amazement, a large gap of where my games and Blu-Ray movies were was missing. I thought that they had maybe shifted during flight but to no avail. Someone had went on board the airplane in Alaska and stole from my luggage. After doing some tallying of all the games and movies missing, I had hit the grand total of $1300 worth of games and movies gone. Of course I was dejected. The culprit had managed to steal a whole bunch of brand new games and movies I had bought. Not only that, when the thief saw they could no longer fit any more boxes on them, they began to take games from cases and left the cases in my suitcase. After trying to get in contact with the airline company that serviced us, it was pretty much a lost cause as they would only reimburse me $200 for everything due to luggage weight. So as I sat there with my nearly empty collection of games I thought: "Well I don't have any physical games, what can I play on PSN?" Apparently a whole lot! I started grabbing games I had never played before: Flower, fl0w, Everyday Shooter, just to name a few. My digital collection grew and I didn't care anymore that my games got stolen. I never lost faith in Sony to be able deliver great content anywhere in the world online. Of course I went back and replaced all of my games and my PS3 game collection is over 75+ games strong and that's not including the slew of games I have on my PS3 from PSN. When Sony says the PS3 "only does everything", they really mean it. Tune in next time where I will be diving into more Playstation things and going H.A.M.! Stay tuned! <3

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (69 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
1463 posts

Re: Theivery and Optimism: A Story!

May 3, 2012

Way to turn around a really crappy situation into a good one!

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (69 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29 posts

May 3, 2012

mochuuu wrote:

Way to turn around a really crappy situation into a good one!

- morgan/mochuuu, SCEA PSN Team

Get your Portable ID!

You said it! Also, this was right around the time Playstation Plus was first being unveiled and rolled out so I definitely jumped on board and got even greater deals and games then I did before.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (69 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
1463 posts

May 18, 2012

Hey man! Just wanted to let you know we decided to run with your post this Saturday, congrats!

Check your DM for your voucher codes =)

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (69 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29 posts

May 18, 2012

Sweet! Thanks alot man!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (69 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

May 18, 2012

Congrats! And thank you for your service.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (69 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

May 19, 2012

devilmosh wrote:

Congrats! And thank you for your service.

ditto

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (69 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

May 19, 2012

mochuuu wrote:

Hey man! Just wanted to let you know we decided to run with your post this Saturday, congrats!

Check your DM for your voucher codes =)

- morgan/mochuuu, SCEA PSN Team

Get your Portable ID!

hey renewman1 and evryone else who won,

Did you receive your email grand prize notification  before it was posted on the forum that you won or after it it was annouced on the forum that you won.

I wanna know if I should check my email every week or just look at the forums every week to se if I won.I am asking cause I never check my email.and checking just to see that I didn't win is too deppressing ya know..

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (69 Views)
0 Likes