Oct 27 2012
By: ModernTenshi04 First Son 1 posts

4.30 update causing screen to jump

1 replies 79 views Edited Oct 27, 2012

Ever since updating my PS3 to 4.30, the screen will jump and lines will fitz onto the screen every few seconds. Doing anything from video playback, gaming, to simply letting the menu sit on the screen is impossible to do without the screen jumping and the line flickering.

I'm running my PS3 on a Samsung plasma (2012 model), and did not have this issue until after the 4.30 update. I used Hulu Plus via my PS3 last weekend without any issues.

Anyone else having this problem? Is the issue even related to the update, or could it be a sign of impending hardware failure? I've tried resetting the system, reinstalling 4.30, and even connected the HDMI cable from my cable box to my PS3 to eliminate the possibility of it being a bad HDMI cable or an input on the TV that's gone bad. The only other thing I can think to try is connecting it to my computer's monitor (which has an HDMI port), but given the problem occurs on all three ports for my TV while my cable box is unaffected makes me think that will be a fruitless effort.

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 2 (79 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Re: 4.30 update causing screen to jump

Oct 28, 2012
You should try it on your monitor anyway. I had this problem a while ago and it turned out to be a damaged HDMI port, I see this not your case but you should at least eliminate the possiblity of a TV problem.
Message 2 of 2 (68 Views)
0 Likes