Apr 02 2012
By: FuseUnison First Son 2 posts

4.11 Problems and Odd Solution....

[ Edited ]
4 replies 2964 views Edited Nov 27, 2014

Hello all,

I updated my PS3 today to 4.11 and started getting TONS of problems.

- Occasionally turning on the PS3 I would see my theme, but the XMB would never load.
- When the XMB would load, my PS3 wouldn't play any of my games.  It would just go to a black screen.
- Since the above problems had to be solved by holding the power button until shutdown, upon turning it back on the PS3 would go through the file system corruption check.

After going through this several times, I realized that when my PS3 was displaying these problems the wifi light was solid(not blinking) and just stayed on until I shut down the system.

I turned off my router and tried turning on my PS3 again.....no problems.  I disabled my PS3's internet connection, and shut it down properly.  Once again it came back on just fine, and now it will play my games again too. 

What is going on?!?  Has anyone else experienced problems like mine after updating to 4.11?  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  =)

===============================

My System Info:

===============================

PS3 "Slim" - 160GB
Model: CECH 2501A

Note:  Was using wifi connection, not a direct eithernet connection to my router....if that makes a difference regarding my problem.

added label ask the community. GuardianBelle

Message 1 of 5 (2,964 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: 4.11 Problems and Odd Solution....

Jun 2, 2012

Dude i love you so much right now.

Message 2 of 5 (2,964 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Jun 2, 2012

you may just have made a breakthrough for people having this problem,i know a few people i will have them try this this weekend..wonder how i missed this post before..lol

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 3 of 5 (2,964 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 26, 2014

i keep doing what you did but its not working. I mean once i do what you did the green wifi light starts blinking again but when i start up one of my digital games it stays on the black screen.

Message 4 of 5 (2,162 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Dec 28, 2014

Im with this player ^ 

I had put a new HDD in my PS3 because the old one was dying, thoguht that would be the problem because nothing was downloading to the old HDD, nope... ive gone through every. stinkin. possible. solution.... PS Upscaler -ON- OFF- FULLSCREEN, this ^ internet connection off, and many many more possible solutions.. all did not work... i still have a black screen while trying to load downloaded games, PSN Store, and PSN Home... please can someone, hopefully a PS developer, POST the solution that is garenteed to work on more than just 1 system!!!  i know my blu-ray drive is crap, it can only read music CD's when it wants to, but why does the bluray drive have to be the answer to get it a downloaded content to work?

Message 5 of 5 (1,997 Views)