Sep 08 2012
By: GfxJG First Son 1 posts

3rd party PS3 controllers?

10 replies 4655 views Edited Sep 8, 2012

Basically, my Dualshock(s) just broke (the thumbsticks can swivel, which makes some games near impossibke to play, as my finger slips off.). Yes, I broke both of them, don't comment.

And I've been looking at purchasing a 3rd party controller for some time now, as I play FPS and Racing games besides FIFA, I figured it might be better off, giving a bit extra for something better (maybe).

The problem is, the only 3rd Party PS3 manufacturor I know is Power A, the rest are only X360. And Power A takes extra for shipping internationally (plus the actual shipping fee), so it's rather expensive, even though I like their stuff.

So any suggestions? I like the way the DS3 is shaped, so all the ones who are shaped like X360's aren't neccesary, although I can play with both, so it doesn't really matter.

I live in Denmark, so international shipping is a must.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 11 (4,655 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16026 posts

Re: 3rd party PS3 controllers?

Sep 8, 2012

Scuf

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 2 of 11 (4,652 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
33145 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2012

GfxJG wrote:

Basically, my Dualshock(s) just broke (the thumbsticks can swivel, which makes some games near impossibke to play, as my finger slips off.). Yes, I broke both of them, don't comment.

And I've been looking at purchasing a 3rd party controller for some time now, as I play FPS and Racing games besides FIFA, I figured it might be better off, giving a bit extra for something better (maybe).

The problem is, the only 3rd Party PS3 manufacturor I know is Power A, the rest are only X360. And Power A takes extra for shipping internationally (plus the actual shipping fee), so it's rather expensive, even though I like their stuff.

So any suggestions? I like the way the DS3 is shaped, so all the ones who are shaped like X360's aren't neccesary, although I can play with both, so it doesn't really matter.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

I'd suggest staying with the Sony DS3, it's made by Sony specifically for the PS3, also some 3rd party controllers can be a little "finnicky" sometimes with certain games.

gR3y ?

Message 3 of 11 (4,646 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Sep 8, 2012
buy a new controller sixaxis + dualshock 3 out now.
Message 4 of 11 (4,643 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
26116 posts

Sep 8, 2012

GfxJG wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Logitech makes some good controllers. 

Message 5 of 11 (4,635 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7731 posts

Sep 8, 2012
Not exactly a controller, but I recently reviewed a cheap ($4-$5 + ships) USB Adaptor that takes PS1 and PS2 controllers and adapts them to the PS3. I personally use the DualShock 2 (PS2) with it on some games because I feel the D-Pad of it is better than the PS3's.

And with Dualshock 2 and other third party PS2 controllers being sold for cheap, it may be a good alternative to PS3 controllers if you keep breaking them.

You do lose the PSButton, motion sensor, rumble and Analog L2/R2s so you still have to keep at least 1 DS3 controller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35xH753hRTI
Message 6 of 11 (4,620 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 8, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

GfxJG wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Logitech makes some good controllers. 

Logitech does make good controllers, but they currently don't make any PS3 ones. The ones that they did make are long discontinued...

Message 7 of 11 (4,607 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6481 posts

Sep 8, 2012
Every 3rd party controller i've tried for the ps3 have sucked. Stick with the Ds3.
Message 8 of 11 (4,603 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 8, 2012
Sony has granted few official licences to official controllers this generation, the few that I have seen were usually fighting game pads...
Message 9 of 11 (4,600 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 19, 2012
I dunno, I think if you're willing to pay, then Scuf is probably your best choice, because Scuf's are pretty durable, but you can expect to pay around $130^ with shipping
Message 10 of 11 (4,221 Views)
0 Likes