Jul 05 2012
By: arma_moon First Son 7 posts

3g vita sim unlock?

4 replies 3916 views Edited Jul 5, 2012
will we ever be able to use different simscards with the vita? because I got the 3g model and in my country (Honduras) there is no at&t service.
Message 1 of 5 (3,916 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
623 posts

Re: 3g vita sim unlock?

Jul 5, 2012

Not at this point and though it will not be likely to happen your specific situation might be an exception. Be very careful if a unlock should surface as this can cause other features/parts to behave differently or stop functioning, can potentially lead to a bricked device, and will almost certainlly break any and all warranties you may be covered with. Be careful and maybe try asking the SCE support team by message/email for your specific problem. hope that helps out at least some

"When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you, or what you have been conditioned to believe is you? The two are so, so different. One is an infinite consciousness capable of being and creating whatever it chooses, the other is an illusion imprisoned by its own perceived and programmed limitations."
David Icke
Message 2 of 5 (3,901 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 7, 2012
Hmm, thanks for the response. It is very sad that there wont be an official fix for this.
Message 3 of 5 (3,836 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2012

i read online recently that sony would soon offer unlock codes for the VITA, i will have to hunt down the article i found and when i do ill post it here

EDIT

i apologize for the source, it may not be the most reputable, however they do report that the info came from Sony. 

link here and scroll down to the comments to view the quoted text

Yes that’s what i was going to say. At&t and SONY have an agreement for like a month and a half and once that exclusivity agreement ends SONY will show up with a software update to provide the unlock code prompt to the 3G vita. That’s what i’ve got from SONY.

For now there is no other chance to wait.

Posted on March 2, 2012 at 11:05 pm 

cellunlocker says:

Yes exactly, Thank you for let us know you are absolutely correct. Once the software comes out, you just insert a non At&t simcard and it should ask you to enter the code

whether this is true or not, i believe that it will be possible to unlock the VITA in the near future

in the meantime i hear it is possible to unlock the VITA with smething called turbo sim card. not sure what its all about but i heard about it here

http://www.gadget-asia.com/en/gadget-asia.com-news/unlock-your-ps-vita-3g.html

Message 4 of 5 (3,832 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Sep 10, 2012
So, i wonder if it would be avalible for Canada since AT&T is not in Canada.
I hope they do a unlock OR bring the 3G to canada because i want to buy one, but with the 3 g because of the GPS functionality it has over the WIFI only.
IF they dont have an unlock OR being it to Canadian 3g Service, i wont be buying one...
Message 5 of 5 (3,435 Views)
0 Likes