Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Re: 3g or not to 3g that is the ?

Nov 20, 2012

AXE_420 wrote:

Take in mind that you cant play games online via 3g. I got the 3g model and only used the first month of data then canceled. just get the wifi with the free game. Assassins, Madden, Call of duty. (dont get the call of duty one) Only $200 on friday and comes with a memory card. Great deal and hope you enjoy your Vita, I love mine.

Umm, you can certainly play over 3G. 

Message 11 of 21 (126 Views)
MVP Support
11002 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2012

MeStinkBAD wrote:

AXE_420 wrote:

Take in mind that you cant play games online via 3g. I got the 3g model and only used the first month of data then canceled. just get the wifi with the free game. Assassins, Madden, Call of duty. (dont get the call of duty one) Only $200 on friday and comes with a memory card. Great deal and hope you enjoy your Vita, I love mine.

Umm, you can certainly play over 3G. 

Hot Shots Golf is the only game I can think of where multiplayer is possible over the built in 3G.  Even playing over a 3G/4G tether is limited, since it is a NAT 3 connection.

Message 12 of 21 (117 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2012

AXE_420 wrote:

Street Fighter X Tekken can also but 3G still isn't worth getting.

Message 13 of 21 (113 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2012

carneyguy wrote:

ok thanks for all your commants. I did not now you couldnot play online with 3g that kinda kills it for me then.Also are their plans to beable to play of the 3g. now my only thing now is should i get it thurs or should i wait to see what is said at e3 2013. If we make it through dec lol...

Why are you being so overly negative about this Vita? it's not going to just die, Sony has invested a lot of money in this system to just let it fade and Sony has never done that yet, so why believe it all the sudden?

They aren't broke like Sega, they have plenty of money to put into the Vita or could even get loans, sell bonds ect if need be. Vita isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so you can wait all you want and believe the foundationless rumors. I know it will get a full life span.

I can tell you right now it most likely is not going to price drop immediately after Black Friday also, so if you plan on actually getting one for a really good deal you would be almost crazy in my opinion, not to be getting it on Black Friday. You could wait till sometime next year whenever that may be for the real price drop, which I bet they will only drop the Vita to $200 anyway.

So the Black Friday deals would still be better.

Message 14 of 21 (111 Views)
Splicer
53 posts

Nov 20, 2012

I bought the 3G, mainly because I like getting the system with the most features.  Honestly, I have never used it and probably never will.  I have wifi at home and at work so there has never been a need for the 3G.  If you could play multilayer games over 3G it might be different.

Message 15 of 21 (104 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Nov 20, 2012

CuriousGeorge_85 wrote:

I bought the 3G, mainly because I like getting the system with the most features.  Honestly, I have never used it and probably never will.  I have wifi at home and at work so there has never been a need for the 3G.  If you could play multilayer games over 3G it might be different.

You can but a very few and it sucks on 3G from what I hear.

Message 16 of 21 (102 Views)
Sackboy
499 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Im not being negitive im being real.In todays econamy things are not what they apear, just becuase some one put tons and tons and what ever in to a product means nothing now days. I am a huge sony suporter but im 26 and i dont make a lot of cash. I dont want to spend money now when next summer they might come out with a slim. I am planing to travel this coming year or in 2014 with a carnival and my plan is to have a moble other then psp and phone.Dont think i can bring ps3 or box but dont now yet. so im just being carefull. And i probly will find a way to get it this thursday thanks for all your help........

Carneyguy

Carneyguyxbx

Message 17 of 21 (89 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

carneyguy wrote:

Im not being negitive im being real.In todays econamy things are not what they apear, just becuase some one put tons and tons and what ever in to a product means nothing now days. I am a huge sony suporter but im 26 and i dont make a lot of cash. I dont want to spend money now when next summer they might come out with a slim. I am planing to travel this coming year or in 2014 with a carnival and my plan is to have a moble other then psp and phone.Dont think i can bring ps3 or box but dont now yet. so im just being carefull. And i probly will find a way to get it this thursday thanks for all your help........

Carneyguy

Carneyguyxbx

Yea you kind of are, you ask if you should get a Vita then find about just every excuse in the book not to get one. Somewhat nagative and even what you said here could be perceived as negative. There is not a handheld in the world that is not remade slimmer or remade with improvements, the good thing about Sony's handhelds is that is about all they will do, is slim them down.

You can't even say you would like the slim to begin with so you shouldn't be jumping so far ahead in the future, I can't say I would like the slim either or that it will be perfect without issues and personally I am not a fan of smaller because it usually means more problems while trying to pack more into a much small space. It won't be for a while anyway and until that happens there will be no difference in what the Vita's do other than their shape and size.

Like the new slim PS3 for instance, I have heard more problems with that than my retail PS3 that still works perfectly from 2006.

I mean you are being a little negative. You own other consoles but they all have slimed down or been remade just the same so why did you buy those. That is kind of my point?

I completely understand some of the points you made, I am just saying there is no need to be negative like that, I have to pinch pennies also and I completely understand if you have plans to travel you will need something mobile and need to save money, so in that case maybe the 3G would be better you can play a few games like Hot Shots Golf or Street Fighter X Tekken over 3G and probably a few others but then again maybe those games aren't worth it and you could just use the extra money while you travel.

I am not trying to be mean I am just saying it isn't as difficult as you have made it seem to get a Vita, first you say it will die is your reasoning for being skeptical, now your reason is because it might slim down, which it will no doubt but what handheld or console hasn't done that really?

Message 18 of 21 (75 Views)
Sackboy
499 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Its been a problem i just had not viced it on this yet.Well my plan is to grab a wifi only thrs wish me luck hope i get one. Yall helped me a lot......

Message 19 of 21 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6986 posts

Nov 21, 2012

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

carneyguy wrote:

Carneyguy

Carneyguyxbx

Yea you kind of are, you ask if you should get a Vita then find about just every excuse in the book not to get one. Somewhat nagative and even what you said here could be perceived as negative. There is not a handheld in the world that is not remade slimmer or remade with improvements, the good thing about Sony's handhelds is that is about all they will do, is slim them down.

You can't even say you would like the slim to begin with so you shouldn't be jumping so far ahead in the future, I can't say I would like the slim either or that it will be perfect without issues and personally I am not a fan of smaller because it usually means more problems while trying to pack more into a much small space. It won't be for a while anyway and until that happens there will be no difference in what the Vita's do other than their shape and size.

Like the new slim PS3 for instance, I have heard more problems with that than my retail PS3 that still works perfectly from 2006.

I mean you are being a little negative. You own other consoles but they all have slimed down or been remade just the same so why did you buy those. That is kind of my point?

I completely understand some of the points you made, I am just saying there is no need to be negative like that, I have to pinch pennies also and I completely understand if you have plans to travel you will need something mobile and need to save money, so in that case maybe the 3G would be better you can play a few games like Hot Shots Golf or Street Fighter X Tekken over 3G and probably a few others but then again maybe those games aren't worth it and you could just use the extra money while you travel.

I am not trying to be mean I am just saying it isn't as difficult as you have made it seem to get a Vita, first you say it will die is your reasoning for being skeptical, now your reason is because it might slim down, which it will no doubt but what handheld or console hasn't done that really?

im just going to  comment onthe last part. the designer  marker of the psvita  actually wanted to make it thinner,  he was in a interview and said he could've made it thinner, the screen a little bigger but he is happy how it turned out.

i dont know  if was just kicking up dust or tooting his own horn.. Becuase the vita look great as it is.. But   Im just saying  if  the designer siad he couldve made it slimmer then he might can, but really i dont see how.

But If they could pull that off  it would dam impressive.

I have 3g    and i use it all the time. it verg ood social device. Only bad thing about 3g is  if your on a data plan it burns your minutes up very fast.  That my only complaint, when 3g mde  everything is   faster.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 20 of 21 (54 Views)
0 Likes