Nov 23 2012
By: JimmyLoops First Son 8 posts

3d display owners; Petition for Class Action Lawsuit or recall

16 replies 1380 views Edited Nov 23, 2012

If there is anyone who is on this forum who has been screwed over by the playstation 3d display breaking on them, and Sony refusing to fix it without receipt, post here.

this is such bull$h!+  that sont would do this to their loyal customers. I have  purchased so many of their products from home theaters to tv, and of course nearly every model of the playstation, and their customer service reps STILL will not allow returns without receipts for broken TV's with the bilking light of death.

many of the stories you read on the link I posted are identical with mine.

I want to DO something about this NOW!!! so here is what im going to do: i know a local news anchor, ted perry, from channel six, and im going to send him a heads up about this product for his 5 o clock news tomorrow, so other people don't end up like me, owning a broken tv that's a gift.  ill be referring to this link... http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/Blinking-Red-Light-On-New-PS3-3D-Display/td-p/3...

There are videos on youtube about this also.

when Xbox 360s began to fail all over the country, microsoft recognized that they screwed up big time, and they allowed people send their system regardless, because thats what you do when you are a reputable manufacturer. You don't **bleep** on your loyal customers, just fix the mistakes. They would keep my business if they'd do this, but i don't see it happening unless someone here knows how to start some kind of class action lawsuit against them. This problem has been happening since early 2012, and sony plays dumb on the phone, as does their service center reps. 

If anyone at Sony reads this' I'd just like to let you know that you have lost my business from this day forward. I won't be buying the next playstation either.  Its no wonder your company has done so poorly over the past decade. You are making unreliable and overpriced junk. You deserve to go belly up, sony. 

Message 1 of 17 (1,380 Views)
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Re: 3d display owners; Petition for Class Action Lawsuit or recall

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

I **bleep** agree with you mate, Although I can't really do anything myself because I'm 15, This needs to be done. My ps3 has died 5 times in 5 years (4 blu-ray drive faliures and 1 ylod), the thermal paste was completely bone dry after just 8 months of use and would have ylod after the 1 year considering the solder was still fresh. One of my mates who bought a slim and died after 2 months, YES 2 MONTHS of usage with power supply faliure, he threw out the receipt when he bought it and Sony tried to charge him $175 + $30 shipping and blamed him because "he was in posession when it died". I was at his house at the time it died so I got on the phone and phoned customer service (not playstation technical support) and with enough complaining, they gave him a brand new one and 2 free games for the inconvenience.

This BS has to stop Sony, I won't buy a ps4 period. My 60gb ps3 died 5 times in 5 years and I spent $1000 on it brand new in Australia. Although I repaired them every time, I'm refusing to buy any Sony product period. Sony should be sued for YLOD, Blu-ray drive faliures, this 3d display breaking down constantly BS and illegally removing Install Other OS when it was FUC KING ADVERTISED. Sony we are not doing this for our benefit, we are doing this for your benefit to save your company's **bleep**. Stop with the **bleep** PR department statements and be like Nintendo and repair any problem for free and make a product that lasts. When one of my mates WII died after 5 years of usage, to my surprise Nintendo said very first thing "don't worry about it, It will be fixed for free". That Wii was 4 years out of warranty, Nintendo still had the decency to repair it for free and he was at fault for jamming multiple disks in their so Nintendo care for their customers and repair their systems regardless if it's the users fault or not.

I know I went off topic talking about the consoles but fuc ken hell Sony, make products that LASTS, this ps 3d display is just as bad as a launch xbox 360. I'm glad I didn't buy it and it proves Sony just make crap now and don't give 2 craps about us. If we can't sue them then we should work together and refuse to pay for any product with a SONY label.

Message 2 of 17 (1,367 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Nov 23, 2012

JimmyLoops wrote:

If there is anyone who is on this forum who has been screwed over by the playstation 3d display breaking on them, and Sony refusing to fix it without receipt, post here.

this is such bull$h!+  that sont would do this to their loyal customers. I have  purchased so many of their products from home theaters to tv, and of course nearly every model of the playstation, and their customer service reps STILL will not allow returns without receipts for broken TV's with the bilking light of death.

many of the stories you read on the link I posted are identical with mine.

I want to DO something about this NOW!!! so here is what im going to do: i know a local news anchor, ted perry, from channel six, and im going to send him a heads up about this product for his 5 o clock news tomorrow, so other people don't end up like me, owning a broken tv that's a gift.  ill be referring to this link... http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/Blinking-Red-Light-On-New-PS3-3D-Display/td-p/3...

There are videos on youtube about this also.

when Xbox 360s began to fail all over the country, microsoft recognized that they screwed up big time, and they allowed people send their system regardless, because thats what you do when you are a reputable manufacturer. You don't **bleep** on your loyal customers, just fix the mistakes. They would keep my business if they'd do this, but i don't see it happening unless someone here knows how to start some kind of class action lawsuit against them. This problem has been happening since early 2012, and sony plays dumb on the phone, as does their service center reps. 

If anyone at Sony reads this' I'd just like to let you know that you have lost my business from this day forward. I won't be buying the next playstation either.  Its no wonder your company has done so poorly over the past decade. You are making unreliable and overpriced junk. You deserve to go belly up, sony. 

Sony NEEDS your reciept of purchase to PROVE you are still under warranty..... otherwise, how are they going to know? 

Did you also know that you can go back to the stor you purchased the display from and see if they can reprint you a receipt? You should check that out before needlessly trying to attempt to create a petition for a Class action lawsuit....

By the way, you're doing it wrong.

Let this be a lesson to you, KEEP ALL YOUR IMPORTANT RECIEPT PURCHASES IN A SAFE PLACE

Furiously Chaosing
Message 3 of 17 (1,329 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8202 posts

Nov 23, 2012

JimmyLoops wrote:
their customer service reps STILL will not allow returns without receipts for broken TV's with the bilking light of death

You just lost me right here.

Message 4 of 17 (1,324 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10300 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

yes, because an online petition is the only way for them to take you seriously

unlike contacting a lawyer about actually starting a suit and collecting claimants to see if it would even be worth your time, what a joke that would be

Message 5 of 17 (1,310 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Nov 23, 2012
5 PS3s? In five years? I guarantee you that those 4 disc drive failures were because you filled your drive with gummy worms. Your PS3 is not an Easy Bake Oven. Remember that going forward.

And this nonsense about the receipts is just so dumb and ignorant it makes my head hurt.
Message 6 of 17 (1,288 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Nov 23, 2012

No, I cannot print the receipt because their records can only print out dating back to two months. 

and as far as the receipt thing goes, it really wouldn't bother me as much if my own defective unit was only one of a few that went bad. I do save the receipt to nearly everything. Still, the fact that there are a significant amount  of these failures occurring warrants a reason to take action.  

Large scale protests and movements have begun online in forums and in social networks. standing up for consumers is not a waste of time.  

Message 7 of 17 (1,276 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

JimmyLoops wrote:

No, I cannot print the receipt because their records can only print out dating back to two months. 

and as far as the receipt thing goes, it really wouldn't bother me as much if my own defective unit was only one of a few that went bad. I do save the receipt to nearly everything. Still, the fact that there are a significant amount  of these failures occurring warrants a reason to take action.  

Large scale protests and movements have begun online in forums and in social networks. standing up for consumers is not a waste of time.  

And without people having the common sense to actually organize instead of a "movement", nothing happens. Especially without representation. 

And in order to create a legitimate petition or CAL, you need an attourney.  

A petition really carries no weight to itself. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 8 of 17 (1,268 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10300 posts

Nov 23, 2012

JimmyLoops wrote:

online petitions are though

in the amount of time it would takeyou to get a significant amount signatures, you could have acutally filed the suit and begun legal procedings

Message 9 of 17 (1,257 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Nov 23, 2012
Whats more BS is that I have 2 PS'3. A Fat model and a Slim. My Fat model was a little over a year and the Blu-Ray Rom went bad.

Sony wanted to charge me 120.00 to have it replaced however I wouldn't get my PS3 back, but a refurbished or another slim. Total BS.

Sony knew about them, and other had samething happen to them.

But Sony failed to do anything about it, and left me with a halfed a** PS3.

I have been bitter about this because someone as big as Sony and has this market, I am sure bending there backs isn't going to hurt that much.

They just don't want a piece of the cake, THEY WANT THE WHOLE GD THING. LOL
Message 10 of 17 (1,247 Views)
0 Likes