Monster Hunter
33 posts

Re: 3d display owners; Petition for Class Action Lawsuit or recall

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

johngie wrote:
5 PS3s? In five years? I guarantee you that those 4 disc drive failures were because you filled your drive with gummy worms. Your PS3 is not an Easy Bake Oven. Remember that going forward.

And this nonsense about the receipts is just so dumb and ignorant it makes my head hurt.

The ps3 kes400aaa blu-ray lasers are complete crap. My ps3 would have ylod within the 1st year if I hadn't changed the thermal paste because the fan kept maxing out on the xmb and it was blowing out extemely cold air. Sony tried charging me $150 because I didn't have the receipt. I ofcourse took action myself and repaired the ps3 myself everytime and that **bleep** laser keeps dieing, I'm not stupid in paying that money which I can repair dead lasers for $30 and fix ylod myself. They have made the lasers more reliable since the 40gb ps3s but I have only ever put disks in that dam disk drive johngie, you can choose not to believe me fine but I would never be stupid like that becuase it's a $1000 device the 60gb ps3s in Australia. I  did use my 60gb ps3 almost everyday when I got it but that what consoles should be designed for, ps3s are not designed to last. This is the exact same case for these **bleep** playstation 3d displays as they keep dieing and Sony keep charging you for patching problems without properly repairing them. They do it for the ps3, tvs and evey electronic now days. My ps2 has lasted 10 years without a problem and I use to abuse it if I couldn't get past a level in crash bandicoot or other games.

For people who think receipts are required for proof of purchase they are completely retarded in every way. Every electronic device is required by law to have a serial number to check when you bought the product. When you ring microsoft for a broken xbox 360, the first thing they ask "what is the serial number", you tell them, then they will immediatley say the exact date, time and store where you bought it like "oh you bought it at walmart on the 24th august 2011 at 2:20pm" something like that. Sony being complete **bleep**bags says, 'well we need your receipt for proof of purchase' to just get more money from you. The serial number on the ps3s are on the back above the heat vents on the left (backward compatible versions). I don't know about 40gb versions onwards but Sony are taking advantage of people and retarded fanboys keep defending them, they don't give a **bleep** about you guys.

Message 11 of 17 (330 Views)
VP of Gaming
29429 posts

Nov 24, 2012

I keep saying that one of the worst things that could have ever happened, was "geeks" discovering the legal system. Now it's used as a cure all for every gripe they have, while thinking they'll be taken seriously, and lawyers are exploiting them as their new growth field. 

A bill of sale is a binding LEGAL document. It's to protect not only the seller, but the BUYER as well. Otherwise it just descends into "Fraid not! Fraid so!". 

Really, after all this time we're still hearing about lost receipts? If you can't hang on to a bill of sale from a piece of electronics, I'd hate to think what's going to happen when you buy a car. 

Message 12 of 17 (318 Views)
Monster Hunter
33 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

I keep saying that one of the worst things that could have ever happened, was "geeks" discovering the legal system. Now it's used as a cure all for every gripe they have, while thinking they'll be taken seriously, and lawyers are exploiting them as their new growth field. 

A bill of sale is a binding LEGAL document. It's to protect not only the seller, but the BUYER as well. Otherwise it just descends into "Fraid not! Fraid so!". 

Really, after all this time we're still hearing about lost receipts? If you can't hang on to a bill of sale from a piece of electronics, I'd hate to think what's going to happen when you buy a car. 

Electronic devices have serial numbers to check when the customer bought the product. Sony should only check for your receipt when you demand a refund, that I can understand but not when the system dies which they should check the serial number. It really annoys me that people keep defending every dam move Sony makes. I don't know if it's like this in America but in Australia I've noticed receipts printed off in shops now days have ink that degrades after a few weeks and a months or 2 the ink is completely off, smudged and unreadable so the alternative for proof of purchase is the serial number, this is so the customer wont get screwed over and there is no legal way to screw over the sellers.  I keep most of my receipts but I lost mine for the ps3 and a bunch of other electronics when I moved houses few months after I got the ps3, **bleep** like this can happen.

Message 13 of 17 (308 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Nov 24, 2012

Not to beat this topic with yet another similar response but isn't having a reciept pretty standard practice for returning... just about anything?

I mean I get the fact that as a consumer it sucks not having the reciept and all. But the reciept proves when the TV was purchased and hence the status of the warranty. 

I had a similar experience (with a different product) years ago and have since adopted the practice of scanning all reciepts for my major purchases. It's saved me on more than one occasion

Message 14 of 17 (299 Views)
Sackboy
556 posts

Nov 24, 2012

its takes 2 minutes to find a container to keep you recpits in and store in the closet so you will always know ehere to find them.

Message 15 of 17 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

Jag_Stilvecchio wrote:

Not to beat this topic with yet another similar response but isn't having a reciept pretty standard practice for returning... just about anything?

I mean I get the fact that as a consumer it sucks not having the reciept and all. But the reciept proves when the TV was purchased and hence the status of the warranty. 

I had a similar experience (with a different product) years ago and have since adopted the practice of scanning all reciepts for my major purchases. It's saved me on more than one occasion

A receipt is only shown when you want a refund of the product but sony believes its required for checking when you bought the product. No 2 electronic serial numbers are the same and thats required by law, I know there are some other companies like sony being **bleep** because if you got a ps3 or tv as a gift, you don't go asking for the receipt off the person you got the gift from to show sony you got the electronic device less than a year ago, situations like this is where the SERIAL NUMBER COMES IN. Why does nobody understand the idea of a freaken serial number.

Message 16 of 17 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

y0urh34d1sb1g wrote:

Jag_Stilvecchio wrote:

A receipt is only shown when you want a refund of the product but sony believes its required for checking when you bought the product. No 2 electronic serial numbers are the same and thats required by law, I know there are some other companies like sony being **bleep** because if you got a ps3 or tv as a gift, you don't go asking for the receipt off the person you got the gift from to show sony you got the electronic device less than a year ago, situations like this is where the SERIAL NUMBER COMES IN. Why does nobody understand the idea of a freaken serial number.

Heres a mind-buster....

There is absolutely NO WAY, for Sony to track the sale of a console with a specific serial number. PS3's are puchased IN BULK from a distributor, WHO IS NOT SONY. And Sony doesn't even have their own manufacturing facility..... they contract a manufacturer who hashes out all the details in production, from who supplies all the capacitors and transistors, to the CPU and GPU. They are all shipped to the assembly line, and they build them.
The only thing Sony has anything to do with them, is the money, and the branding.

The only information Sony ever has on your PS3, is MAC address(Maybe) and IP address, each time you login to the PSN.

A serial number is nothing but a unique identifier for a RETAIL STORE, and ONLY used for Sony to match the serial number to what is printed on the reciept. 

Case in point..... my $5000 65" Samung 3D LED TV started to have dead pixels.... it seemed at least once a week that 3 or more pixels would die and it came to a point where my TV looked to have a sort of digital chicken-pox.
When I called tech support THEY ASKED what my serial number is and to fax/email a scan of my reciept, which has the model and serial number printed on it, to approve of warranty work. They told me where to take it to get fixed, and they even said that if I should have any other issues, they now have a trackable record of issues with my TV in case anything else happens, so that if I get another issue, depending on the severity, they will just replace it with a brand new replacement that has a more recent manufacture date.

If you're so thick headed that you can't see that, holy christ.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 17 of 17 (272 Views)
0 Likes