Reply
Jan 25 2012
By: BernalGarcia Lombax Warrior 220 posts
Offline

3G/wifi/gps Battery usage time.

9 replies 33 views Edited Jan 25, 2012

Ok I just did a search and found no real info on this on the forums.

Has anyone posted the actual battery time if you are downloading, or using 3G, and wifi, or GPS?  I know Sony has stated that the battery time with a game with out wifi is 3-5 hrs of play time, but as we know sometimes you get more or less in actuality with the device itself.

Any importers, Japan people with a 3G Vita that can chime in with their experience?  I'm really trying to figure out if 3G is worth it for me.  I could spend the extra money for 3G, and GPS; or I could get more games.  :-)

Message 1 of 10 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/09/2010
Offline
2090 posts
 

Re: 3G/wifi/gps Battery usage time.

Jan 25, 2012

all I got is these links. http://youtu.be/4u4xyABASlc http://youtu.be/AtISQrM19zA

____________________________________________________________
Want a option to buy avatar's on the ps vita's psn store. Then vote on the link by copying it to your web browser.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 2 of 10 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/09/2010
Offline
2090 posts
 

Re: 3G/wifi/gps Battery usage time.

Jan 25, 2012

found some more http://youtu.be/p50fF423Chc

____________________________________________________________
Want a option to buy avatar's on the ps vita's psn store. Then vote on the link by copying it to your web browser.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 3 of 10 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/21/2007
Offline
220 posts
 

Re: 3G/wifi/gps Battery usage time.

Jan 25, 2012

Thanks that was Interesting.  However I'm wondering about playing with wifi, or using 3g specifically since the battery time is limited with the Vita it may not be worth getting 3G because of this factor alone.  using GPS and 3G may drain the battery even faster, so what with one charge I get maybe two hours?  I'm guessing but this is what I am trying to learn before I buy.  And unfortunately there appears to be no information on this.

Message 4 of 10 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/09/2010
Offline
2090 posts
 

Re: 3G/wifi/gps Battery usage time.

Jan 25, 2012

BernalGarcia wrote:

Thanks that was Interesting.  However I'm wondering about playing with wifi, or using 3g specifically since the battery time is limited with the Vita it may not be worth getting 3G because of this factor alone.  using GPS and 3G may drain the battery even faster, so what with one charge I get maybe two hours?  I'm guessing but this is what I am trying to learn before I buy.  And unfortunately there appears to be no information on this.

the first of one of the links are with 3G and everything on. as the one with just the ps vita and 3DS 3G is off and everything is at minimal.  it is about 4 hours with 3G on or off according to the videos. so basically it is just 4 hours. (sure there is other things on but still not much difference from everything off to everything on so the 3G will not take that much battery away.)

____________________________________________________________
Want a option to buy avatar's on the ps vita's psn store. Then vote on the link by copying it to your web browser.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 5 of 10 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/21/2007
Offline
220 posts
 

Re: 3G/wifi/gps Battery usage time.

Jan 25, 2012

I see.  4 Hours would actually be pretty good i think with everything on.

Message 6 of 10 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
12710 posts
 

Re: 3G/wifi/gps Battery usage time.

Jan 25, 2012

But is that with

Max brightness?

Max sound?

We know 3G and such drains battery, but it uses MORE when you are actually using the feature, not just having it enabled (which still drains a bit).

So it'd be best if there was a vid of someone with max EVERYTHING, playing a game online Wifi.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 10 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/09/2010
Offline
2090 posts
 

Re: 3G/wifi/gps Battery usage time.

Jan 25, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

But is that with

Max brightness?

Max sound?

We know 3G and such drains battery, but it uses MORE when you are actually using the feature, not just having it enabled (which still drains a bit).

So it'd be best if there was a vid of someone with max EVERYTHING, playing a game online Wifi.

http://youtu.be/4u4xyABASlc that is max everything. witch is exactly 3 hours and 47 mins and 11 seconds and 38 milliseconds. so basically 4 hours with max everything.

____________________________________________________________
Want a option to buy avatar's on the ps vita's psn store. Then vote on the link by copying it to your web browser.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 8 of 10 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
12710 posts
 

Re: 3G/wifi/gps Battery usage time.

Jan 26, 2012

Actually it is not.

He's playing Uncharted, right? That game disables wireless connectivity when you play it (that was in an article somewhere).

So it's not max everything. That may be max brightness and volume, but no connectivity.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 10 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/09/2010
Offline
2090 posts
 

Re: 3G/wifi/gps Battery usage time.

Jan 26, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

Actually it is not.

He's playing Uncharted, right? That game disables wireless connectivity when you play it (that was in an article somewhere).

So it's not max everything. That may be max brightness and volume, but no connectivity.

then take what is said in second post someone who has used the ps vita with 3G always on. he says it is 4 hours as well. all signs ponit to about 4 hours.

____________________________________________________________
Want a option to buy avatar's on the ps vita's psn store. Then vote on the link by copying it to your web browser.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 10 of 10 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes