Jan 27 2012
By: kidnaper First Son 17 posts

3G incentives incentive enough?

13 replies 22 views Edited Jan 27, 2012

With the news of what is now included with the 3G vita (8gb memory card, 250mb of 3G, unknown PSN game) do you think it's worth it to change your preorder from wifi to 3G? The math isn't completely straightforward as the PSN game is up in the air but the minimum value is 10 bucks. The only thing is, if it's not escape plan I wouldn't be saving money, but getting a game I wouldn't have bought. I wouldn't pay for 3G. But e memory card, that's 30 bucks I'd save so it'd really be 20 dollars more for the 3G version of what I already intend to purchase. Decisions decisions.... http://goo.gl/gKVlC

Message 1 of 14 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Re: 3G incentives incentive enough?

Jan 27, 2012

For me the 3G has been enough incentive from the beginning. I had no doubts that I was getting the 3G model. I couldn't careless about the act you can't play true online using 3G.

Message 2 of 14 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8824 posts

Jan 27, 2012

no good for some gamers I guess but it's not like I travel a lot and you really can only still use social features to which I'm not that interested in. The new bundle said psn game so that probably means digital only games like Escape Plan. Does anyone find funny that amazon broke the news before sony did?

Message 3 of 14 (22 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 28, 2012

I certainly think this new 3G bundle is a much better value than the First Edition bundle. As the OP stated the memory card sells for $30 and the 3G service is worth $15, so if the game is worth more than $5 then you would be saving money...

Message 4 of 14 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Jan 28, 2012

My brother was never a fan of the idea of having 3G on his Vita, but after telling him that the new bundle pretty much paid your extra 3G cost (being 50 bucks) and gave you 5 more dollars along with free content, he actually though about it.

This just makes me want 3G more, and make me a bit more comfortable of getting it.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 5 of 14 (22 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jan 29, 2012

Are you sure about this? I've read the press release and have never seen anything along those lines.

Message 6 of 14 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Jan 29, 2012

If you read the fine print on Amazon, GameStop etc. the wording seems to imply just that. It's not clear whether you get to use one month/250MB of data and then get a free game or whether you have to sign up and pay for a month first.

Message 7 of 14 (22 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 29, 2012

You have to pay at least $20 for the low level, 300MB AT&T Data Connect Pass and then after that time is up you can use the free pass and then 30 days or whatever after you first activate you get the $10 PSN game..

EDIT: Still $15/250MB for the Vita. Still, meh..

Message 8 of 14 (22 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 29, 2012

AT&T is raising their prices for their Data Connect Plans, this is easy enough to find on Google. However, the price apparently isn't changing for the Vita according to John Koller.

As for the requirements... Here's from Amazon, you can find this on the 3G Vita pages.

Includes:

- Includes: PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi System + 8GB Memory Card + AT&T DataConnect Session Pass + Free PSN Game*

- Bonus $55 Value!

- Play with your friends when you want and in more places with the AT&T Mobile Broadband Network.**

*Promotional Offer expires May 31, 2012.  Redemption code must be used within 90 days of issuance and is not  transferable, nor redeemable. Limit one per customer.  Offer for purchasers of Sony PS Vita 3G/Wi-Fi only. Your promotional 250 MB session automatically starts upon expiration of your 1st session plan, if you have activated the redemption code.  Offer redeemed is for 250MB DataConnect Pass session only, regardless if you are on the 250MB or 3GB DataConnect Pass plan.) AT&T not responsible for taxes or lost redemption codes. Plans automatically renew, so after your  promotional session expires, automatic renewal of your 1st DataConnect Pass plan selected will take effect and you are responsible for charges, unless you cancel auto-renewal before the plan renews.  DataConnect Pass Plan: Time begins expiring immediately upon purchase/activation whether you are using the service or not. Once your time expires or your allotted data is used, whichever occurs first, your data access will cease.   Coverage not available in all areas.   For information on prepaid data plans, visit att.com/buyasession and for full terms, see Session Based Wireless Data Service Agreement at att.com/wirelesslegal.

**Mobile Broadband access requires DataConnect Pass plan for other specified devices.  Time begins expiring immediately upon purchase/activation, whether you are using the service or not. Once your time expires or the allotted data is used, whichever comes first, your data access will cease. 30 day domestic plans automatically renew, unless you cancel auto-renewal. Fees are non-refundable.  For full terms see Data Connect Pass Wireless Data Services Agreement on www.att.com/wirelesslegal.  Mobile broadband coverage not available in all areas.

Here's how to activate your complimentary DataConnect session:

• Select the Connect to AT&T icon

• Select the Start icon

• Select Go to AT&T's Website

• Select DataConnect Pass

• Login with existing userid and password

• Expand "My Devices and Plans" in account overview

• Select your device

• Select "Add a Plan"

• Select "You have earned coupons(s), would you like to redeem?"

• Follow the screen instructions to redeem.

Free game when you activate an AT&T DataConnect Pass*:

Game at the speed of your mobile life style when you want and in more places. Your new PS Vita 3G/Wi-Fi, connected by the AT&T Mobile Broadband Network, will change the way you play with continuous access in more places to your gaming community. Experience news feeds, multiplayer gaming, location based gifting, and PS Vita to PS3 system game play.

1. Select and sign up for an AT&T DataConnect Pass plan.

2. Login to your PlayStation Network account on your PS Vita.

3. 30 days after your DataConnect Pass activation, you will receive a game voucher code redeemable on the PlayStation Store.

Message 9 of 14 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 29, 2012

http://us.playstation.com/psvita/att/

that is the ps vita's 3G plans

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 10 of 14 (22 Views)
0 Likes