Feb 20 2012
By: ArisBranwin First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

3G connected but can't do anything else?

6 replies 89 views Edited Feb 20, 2012

I got the bundle and paid for my 3G. The icon shows its on and everything and that theres a connection however when I go to PSN or anything else it says I have to connect through wireless, PC, or PS3. So how does my 3G work if I can't connect to anything? I don't have a wireless connection that I'm aware of unless the vita itself is putting out a signal. Anyone able to help me on this? I tried looking up info but everything comes up blank or I get info on wireless

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Re: 3G connected but can't do anything else?

Feb 20, 2012

Well I'm afraid that 3G is only used for a handful of features on the vita, and if I am not mistaken the psn is not one of them. Small things like checking facebook, twitter, using NEAR, and checking leaderboards, uploading leaderboard info in some games are what 3G is for. All of the major things like downloading games, or playing online multiplayer games does require a wifi connection.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (89 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Feb 20, 2012

3g is usable for anything the vita needs to do over the air if you dont have wifi, like psn, near, system update and browsing the web. you can download a game via 3g but it will take a hell of a long time and use up a shit load of your plans data allotment.  i had a problem setting up my 3g but after a few calls with sony and at&t i got a new simcard and 3g works fine.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Is there a way to track how much of your 3G data you've used? Such as "xxxxMB/xxxxMB used"? I just want to conserve usage accordingly. Essentially I'll be using my 3G to tweet and check Tumblr via the browser while traveling.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (89 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Feb 20, 2012

yea under settings, there should be a ribbon called usage somewhere, i think its in the system ribbon

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Lovely! Thank you so much. I'm glad they have that feature so I won't be uncertain about my use.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Feb 21, 2012

Wow is that seriously all the 3g is for? Guess this handheld isn't what i thought it was going to be. Im still gonna have to tether my Iphone to it for multiplayer i guess.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (89 Views)
0 Likes