Oct 03 2011
By: KeyboardKi11ah First Son 3 posts

3G Prices!!!

6 replies 4 views Edited Oct 3, 2011

Why are there not prices for the 3G service from posted on the PS site, or  AT&T for that matter... Kinda makes me piss scared that its ganna be really high. Looking at the AT&T site and seeing what it costs for 250k ($14.99 American monies) or 2GB ($24.99 USD) not to mention after its $10/GB overage ... yeah ummm. not too reasonable considering that its just for games. I would really like a price break down cus these prices are worrying me.

Message 1 of 7 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5911 posts

Re: 3G Prices!!!

Oct 3, 2011

Those prices are very likely correct. How can you say it's not too reasonable, when that has been the standard data rates AT&T has been offering for a while (standard rate for tablet devices). If you feel it's too much, then get the WiFi version.

Everyone thinks I'm psychotic (except my friends deep inside the earth).
Message 2 of 7 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Oct 4, 2011

Yeah man Im debating on wether or not it will really be worth it to have 3G over WI-FI. Just think about all the limitations you have with a 3g smart phone. I dont think gaming online with 3g will work really well at all.

60GB PS3 with 320GB HDD
Message 3 of 7 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Oct 4, 2011

ChrisSoSik wrote:

I dont think gaming online with 3g will work really well at all.

Because it WILL NOT be able to work at all... Announced.

Pro skill. Definition: Being too sexy at something for your own good.
Message 4 of 7 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 4, 2011

What I'm saying is they jus need to release thems prices already, why wouldn't they? seems like they're ganna pull the ol' oh you already preordered the 3G one... oh good, deposite $50/month and enjoy. Another point is why wouldn't you jus add tethering to you phone acc... I mean T-mo/adroid does that for free so I guess I'm golden. but suck-city fer erbody else

Message 5 of 7 (4 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12885 posts

Oct 4, 2011

You can basically guess the prices bt AT&T's Tablet prices (14.99 for 250mb, 24.99 for 2GB).

The reason for tethering is because with T-mobile, going over 2GB slows your speed, and on top of that, you'd have to use your phone all the time. And not everyone has tethering. Besides, what would you do with 3G on your phone for your Vita? The social networking stuff? Since your 3G phone would be able to do the same thing. So there's no point in tethering if you have a phone with the same features as your Vita. The only thing you could use is Near or something, but other than that there's nothing useful about using the Vita with tethering. I bet that a lot of the 3G people are getting it without already having a smartphone.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 7 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Oct 4, 2011

Some one needs to take a chill pill.

Message 7 of 7 (4 Views)
0 Likes