Dec 24 2012
By: PS_Vita21 Splicer 69 posts

3DS vs. PS Vita

[ Edited ]
57 replies 1050 views Edited Feb 17, 2014

What is the best Handheld Gaming Device. The Vita or the 3DS? The best to me is the PS Vita. I have had both. But the Vita just seems to have better graphics on the games and the internet is alot better. So now I want to see what you guys thank.

Edit: Updated title and added label

Message 1 of 58 (1,050 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13533 posts

Re: 3DS vs. VITA

Dec 24, 2012

PS_Vita21 wrote:
What is the best Handheld Gaming Device. The Vita or the 3DS? The best to me is the PS Vita. I have had both. But the Vita just seems to have better graphics on the games and the internet is alot better. So now I want to see what you guys thank.

Gee, this looks familiar....

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vita/vita-vs-3ds/m-p/38996309/highlight/true#M856...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vita/3DS-or-Vita/m-p/37753833/highlight/true#M563...

This is a Sony forum, do you really expect a lot of "3DS is better" posts? (Besides from the Vita haters)

I personally enjoy both systems. I use the Vita more for online play (like Ragnarok Odyssey) but enjoy the 3DS for its singleplayer. Just bought Tales of the Abyss and Code of Princess for the 3DS, as well as Scribblenauts Unlimited and Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 58 (1,034 Views)
Splicer
69 posts

Dec 24, 2012
Gee do you have to be a **bleep**?? I'm sorry I don't have all the time in the world to look through all the pages of forums bud.
This forum could have alot of haters of the vita so that's why I asked the question.
Message 3 of 58 (1,032 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Dec 24, 2012
Thank god you don't have to look then, since this forum does have a Search function, and searching the title of your thread gives 100 results, with the first page being almost exclusively Vita vs. 3DS threads.

I understand you're excited to have a Vita and want to talk about it, but most people here have had a Vita and been forum members far longer than you, and this is all ground that has been covered 4 times more than it needed to be.
Message 4 of 58 (1,027 Views)
Survivor
2536 posts

Dec 24, 2012

PS_Vita21 wrote:
Gee do you have to be a **bleep**?? I'm sorry I don't have all the time in the world to look through all the pages of forums bud.
This forum could have alot of haters of the vita so that's why I asked the question.

Like the poster above me said, there's a search function (all forums have one) and besides, really, these kind of questions are way too controversial to be worth asking. People should just do a bit of research, see what system has the games they like they most and go for it regardless of who is best and who is not~.

Message 5 of 58 (1,023 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6831 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

PS_Vita21 wrote:

i like  vita better. but 3ds has alot great dev deals and  jprg and rpg.

One game i know alot are wanting  is monster hunter for ps vita/  that game would sell alot psvita units,  I think thats the only grab 3ds has over vita right now. But if sony is serious   they can bring the huge librabry of  rpgs and jrpgs  from  the psp library to ps vita if possible to the western gamers . It  would close the gap.

They need a  demon souls type of game for ps vita a 2 worlds two type of games. Rpg / jprg make  money  becuase they have depth  , so many ways to play them this  is   why 3ds sell so sell well,  they have those anime and manga franchises games   there. Plus nntendo knows this  and keep these games on a contract.. i think  sony should do the same they  have  agood partner ship  with atlus and  keoi,  konami. aq etc .. If they can get  a few titles to psvita. it would be great  thing

My theory   is like the one they had for demon souls. Dont expect great sales in the west , aim for  20-100K copies in the west.  the rarity of the title will do the rest and fan base growth of  rpg will buy it.. This is something  nintendo 3ds has with all it games they  build a fan base here in the west. i think sony  is always timid to do such things even though the money is there  and fans are screaming for it.  Im not saying they dont  try,  becuase they do, very hard from my understanding. But nintendo does it bettter  and faster becuase they   do it   on whim.  Localization plays a factor too

It seems almost like a high stake poker match. They ( nintendo)know they dont have the hand and go all in evry time on   rpg or jrpg to  the  west. Thats just  hard  choice to make are to  you  going call them on it or fold. People like the  risk takers in gaming,  but  you also have to play smart becuase its a buisnees too. This  where i see  3ds  winning right now becuase they  go "all in" take the risk and know sony or  xbox is not    going to call  them on the card(  gaming franchises) they are playing.  But  i  saw sony push alot great  rpg  with psp , i hope they bring them ps vita  in a way.. it would help matters , it show them taking risk in a smart way, then  can  maybe bring a few orginal popluar rpg title to the west..

i think  ps vita is better machine but at same i think 3ds holds alot great genre gaming cards right now.. I hope sony   start to  really  put pressure on these  rpg/ jrpg titles.. I rememebr a few  devs fromthe east coulndt get  console game deal from sony only a psp. i think that could work woth ps vita games .. I dont know how it worked but they did get  alot games here to the psp

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 6 of 58 (1,014 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13533 posts

Dec 24, 2012

PS_Vita21 wrote:

So you asked the question to see how many Vita haters there are?

That's productive, and totally contributive to the forums. Thanks a ton for the question then.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 58 (984 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Dec 25, 2012

completely subjective.

Since everything else is subjective specially regarding the game quality and offerings, the market chose the 3DS.

..and Nintendo's a "legacy".

I personally don't find Mario, Pokemon and Animal Crossing very interesting.. and I can only pick one between the two systems for now.. I  think I'd appreciate KH and RE Revelations for the 3DS tho Smiley Wink 

Message 8 of 58 (955 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 25, 2012

Wow, lots of negative comments that has nothing to do with your question. It's a valid question, even on a Vita forum. I have also had a 3DS. I had to see how it compares with the Vita and it simply doesn't. To me, playing games in 3D is a major strain on the eyes and except for Nintendo's Game & Watch series, I don't see the point in a double screen. The bottom screen is usually a map which to us is accessible with the push of a button. I love my Vita, but I wish we had the caliber games on offer on 3DS. I guess patience is a virtue. 

----Living on Earth might be expensive, but it includes a free trip around the sun----
Message 9 of 58 (930 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2213 posts

Dec 25, 2012
I have both, and prefer the Vita over the 3DS
Message 10 of 58 (927 Views)
0 Likes