Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 25 2012
By: Captain_Jim157 First Son 21 posts

3D Compatability?

[ Edited ]
4 replies 89 views Edited Dec 25, 2012

Hello, I'm sorry this is such a stupid question, I was told that my ps3 & tv could play the games in 3D and watch the 3D movies, so i spent $70 on the sony 3D glasses, and I can't get them to work with my tv,... am I doing something wrong? Or did the people lie to me? I have a PS3, and a Sony Bravia tv, (32') Paid about $550 for it (about a year or so ago) It was on sale for that price, anyways, I purposely bought the 3D glasses to play some of my 3D games, but when I turn the 3D on (say, uncharted 3, or COD Black Ops 2) I turn the glasses on and put the power on also, and it doesn't look any different, is there something I have to do? or did I just get fooled into it? :smileysad:

~Mike

P.S.

Please no rude comments, I have a few disabilities so I might be a bit slow with this... Sorry

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10055 posts

Re: 3D Compatability?

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2012

if theyre active glasses, they must match and be compatible with your TV

you cant just buy any sony 3d glasses

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (79 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8098 posts

Dec 25, 2012

Sony doesn't make a 3D compatible 32" Bravia.  In fact, I don't think they make a 1080p TV in 32".

The only 3D display that Sony makes smaller than 40" is the PS3 3D display (24"), which has been discontinued (though some retailers still have it in stock).

It sounds like you were lied to.  Hopefully you still have your receipt and can return the glasses.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (74 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15440 posts

Dec 25, 2012

You need to have a 3D compatible TV. 

You do not have one.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (70 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29035 posts

Dec 25, 2012

I agree with the above, it does indeed sound like you do not have a 3D TV, you will not be able to play 3D games without one, you did indeed waste your money, sorry, hopefully you can return them for a refund.

I don't know who told you your TV was 3D compatible, but they were wrong.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (63 Views)
0 Likes