Keyblade Wielder
9712 posts

Re: 360 fan boy, coming to PSN and PS4.

Feb 27, 2013
MAG was super fun in its first year but the player count is too low now unfortunately. 64 player (still impressive) sabotage games are probably most common these days. Back on topic, Playstation definitely has the better exclusives which explains why PS3 has overtaken 360 over the past year.
Message 11 of 30 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Feb 27, 2013
Well.. that is who the ps4 apparently is made for, after all. Disenfranchised 35+ year old xbox fans.

Glad to see Sony's marketing is finally hitting home.

Message 12 of 30 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

Oh, that hurt. Smiley LOL

I know MAG's graphics suck, but the thought of playing with 256 players just sounded awesome.

Ive been mainly playing Demons Souls, and getting ready to play Infamous 1 & 2.

UC3 came with the system, but im note sure Ill be playing it. Im trying to focus on PS exclusives that appeal to me.

Mainly RPG's and shooters...And anything else that catches my eye.

Message 13 of 30 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Feb 27, 2013
It is still a very good game, compared to other fps-games out there. Don't make the mistake (that Sony keeps making), with thinking that it's a horrible broken game, just because people randomly complain about it.

And no, the graphics don't "suck". They're much better than what you have in Call of Duty multiplayer, and the animation is a lot more fluid and dynamic.. Imagine Counterstrike, just with less stilted animation - and real-time shadows, more complex geometry, lots of angles and slopes, and view-distances across the map.

Also one of the few games that have proxy chat. The network code as well is extremely efficient, allowing you to play the 256 player games with a 10-15kb/s down and 10kb/s upstream, chat included. It's riduculous. In BF3, you need twice that, and they've cut down a lot - such as proximity sounds, and chat and squad-talk, etc., comes on top of that.

But when you make something like that, instead of cheap stuff that impress kids (read: boys aged 35+) on Gaf - then Sony will actually fire you.
Message 14 of 30 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15541 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Welcome.

I have to wonder why xbx-only owners are just now switching. I mean, yes the PS4 was announced last week, but the next MS system will be announced sometime this year as well. And so there will be 2 next-gen system released for this year. Also, the PS3 has been out for almost 7 years, so my question is why now? *Shakes head*. Ok, whatever works... 

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 15 of 30 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

fleinn.... please go educate yourself before speaking. The PS4 was developed around what the developers wanted and so was the controller. There's articles about this. Sony got with alot of major developers and wanted to know what they wanted for the next system. A easier system to develops for and a better controller. You sound like a whinny little kid

PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 16 of 30 (116 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Welcome to the community. I also just started Demon's Souls

I recommend Starhawk (strategic shooter) and Metal Gear Solid 4 but if you haven't played Metal Gear Solid 1-3, then I suggest you play them first.

I also recommend Journey.
Message 17 of 30 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Feb 28, 2013

deaofly wrote:

fleinn.... please go educate yourself before speaking. The PS4 was developed around what the developers wanted and so was the controller. There's articles about this. Sony got with alot of major developers and wanted to know what they wanted for the next system. A easier system to develops for and a better controller. You sound like a whinny little kid

I'm just pointing out what a tremendously bad business-idea this is for Sony as a company, and Playstation as a brand. They're ending up as a publisher, instead of a content creator. Which undermines the justification for the existence of their platform.

Anyway. So who are "the developers"? Which ones, specifically? Did they take a survey, and went around to "the developers", asking what they would like to see, if they could imagine anything? 

Or did they go to the best-selling developers and their producers, and ask what would be most convenient for them if they wanted to port from PC?

About the controller - did they ask anyone without sea-lion flippers for hands what they think? Anyone who aren't 35+ year old disenfranchised xbox fans? I doubt it.

See, here's the problem - that "developers wanted it" is yet another fictive phrase that certain people intuitively somehow find meaning with. But which Sony's folks cannot possibly have done in any sort of meaningful way. It's just fluff.

Of course - does a developer want an easier job when they port games? Of course. Are you going to see that even the laziest and worst port ending up with reasonably good quality - of course. Would publishers want to pay 1 buck per porting job. Of course.

But Sony hasn't aimed for what will allow them to create something unique on their platform with the ps4 - it's a relatively cheap, mid-range PC, and that is all. Knowing Sony, they also will be unable to actually provide a user-friendly online service, they will crash the service in their biggest market (i.e., EU) thanks to region "issues". They will actively prevent anyone from using "competitive" services to their own useless, and expensive services. And they will isolate their platform, as usual, from PC and so on, even though there's really no reason to do that other than Sony being Sony.

I'm sure some MVP will come along and tell people to buy a Mac if they wanted a PC, etc. But the truth is that for around the same price, you can get a much better service.

Point is - there's nothing here that I want, that I can't buy cheaper in parts for a PC. I can also build better than that - say, switch out the graphics card in another couple of years for $200, etc. This isn't expensive hardware. While also missing out on Sony's incredible incompetence and consumer unfriendly pricing strategies. Along with randomly optimized detail-settings and "texture packs" fitted to a console for spoilt ADD kids who can't wait for an install, etc. And that's all I'm going to miss. Nothing else.

In fact, like publisher after publisher says - the best platform for their games is a PC. They know exactly what's going on, and they know how cheap PC hardware has become.

Message 18 of 30 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Feb 28, 2013
You still like a whinny kid, I'm 28 and been gaming since nes. Here's the link call Making The PS4 http://www.edge-online.com/features/the-making-of-playstation-4/ you stop talking trash cause your to **bleep** cheap and can't afford the ps4.
Message 19 of 30 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

You pop tart they sat down with developers not have a survey.

Message 20 of 30 (97 Views)
0 Likes