Big Daddy
16939 posts

Re: 360 fan boy, coming to PSN and PS4.

Feb 28, 2013

deaofly wrote:
You still like a whinny kid, I'm 28 and been gaming since nes. Here's the link call Making The PS4 http://www.edge-online.com/features/the-making-of-playstation-4/ you stop talking trash cause your to **bleep** cheap and can't afford the ps4.

Gonna have to bookmark that link to reference to others who ask questions....

Theres a lot of answered questions in that interview

Furiously Chaosing
Message 21 of 30 (113 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Fleinn, you're the one that's forgetting how Playstation got started. It was third party developers that had Sony publish their game on the original Playstation (game examples: parappa the rapper, twisted metal, metal gear solid, cool boarders, crash bandicoot, spyro the dragon, crazy taxi, grand theft auto, tenchu stealth assassins, evil zone, need I go on). People were tired of Nintendo and Sega releasing the same franchises over and over with the majority of games being first party titles. Third party developers and independent developers are what got Playstation going. Sony is far from going out of bounds on the namesake of their brand. As for the developers that they asked what they wanted in a game console, Sony went to first party and third party developers including Blizzard, Bungie, Activison, EA, Warner Bros., Disney, Capcom, and Konami.

As for the components that are going into the ps4, they're pretty decent parts that are affordable. They may not be ultra high end intel and nvidia parts, but my 6 core AMD phenom 2 black edition got a lot better performance what what my core i7 extreme edition had. My ATI radeon cards got the exact same performance as my nvidia cards with less power and a lower price tag. Going with mainstream pc components that are actually affordable is not only smart money wise, but also makes it so that there is very little that needs to be done with porting from pc to ps4. The ATI radeon card that's going into the ps4 is going to be either an 8000 or 9000 series, which are along the top of the line for ATI radeon cards. A lot of places on the net are saying a 9000 series card, some are saying 8000. The next Xbox is said to be getting an ATI Radeon 7000 series card, which is only slightly better than what you get in most laptops.

Before you go bad mouthing a company and new system, maybe you should do a little research on the company that you're insulting and then look into the parts that are going into it.
My PSN
Message 22 of 30 (112 Views)
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Feb 28, 2013
I read it earlier but I'm tired of that guy running at his mouth like he knows something. Saying crap like the controller is for 35+ old people. LoL I can't stand people like that. So I figured to let him read up and see what the deal is so he can have something to sleep over.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 23 of 30 (111 Views)
Monster Hunter
28 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

I know that Xbox will be coming out with a new system. First, from what I understand, the PS4 will be more powerful than the new Xbox.

Second, when I look back at all the exclusive titles that went to PS VS XBOX, I would have rather gone PS. Thrid, I really dont (and the wife wont let me!) have a PS3, xbox 360, xbox 720 and PS4 all hooked up to a TV. So I need to make a decision, go xbox or PS this cycle.

Well you say, why dont you WAIT and see what xbox has to offer, you may change your mind! This is true, but again, given the "type"

of exclusives you guys got, etc, Im about 99% sure that PS4 is where im headed.

Lastly, Im hearing alot of negatives about the new xbox, "it requires a 24/7 internet connection to even function"? Yes I know this is speculation, but I firmly believe that in most cases, rumors are grounded in fact, that this info has been leaked and just not yet confirmed. If all the sepculation about the new xbox is true, you may see a mass exodus from XBL to PSN.

Message 24 of 30 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Feb 28, 2013

deaofly wrote:

You pop tart they sat down with developers not have a survey.

You're 28? "Pop tart".

And I see they mention Mark Cerny, and finger him as the lead architect for the ps4. Which is pretty f'n funny, and does explain a whole range of things. Since that guy apparently was to blame for how UC3 and KZ3 turned out. Wouldn't really surprise me if his guys are to blame for the direction Sony is tumbling at the moment, to be honest. Worse waste of talent and worse waste of money, I've never seen before.

But to the point - no - they don't mention which developers they've asked. They just reference "developers" and "the developers" as some sort of vague cloud of somethings, far, far away who bless them with divine knowledge. 

I really can't believe you guys are falling for this. 28? Really?

On the other hand - that's the kind of person you need to be to be sold on Sony's stick nowadays, I guess. If any of you expect this to be an easy sell to anyone else, just because it says "Playstation" on it - think again.

Message 25 of 30 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Feb 28, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:

Before you go bad mouthing a company and new system, maybe you should do a little research on the company that you're insulting and then look into the parts that are going into it.

Before I go "badmouthing a company". Holy ****.

And sure, yes, it's a "decent" system. But for slightly above that price-tag, I could pick something together right now that will perform as good as that system will in almost a year. And when that year is up, I could change my graphics card, and outmatch the ps4 completely.

It's not about "badmouthing" Sony here. It's just stating facts. They are selling you, customers, a system that has no benefits for you, but only benefits for Sony as a company.

In return, they're giving you bupkis.

Now, to me that's not a good sales-pitch.

Which makes me a "poptart", I hear.

Message 26 of 30 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Your ones of those people who just doesn't deserve to own PlayStation products. I support Sony with their game systems, I own all of them and have a great collection for all 5 of there systems. Your one of the guys who want attention because you have no life. I may be 28 but my respect for game companies and developers is very high. Maybe your to old to even understand the business of how Sony operates. The moves and decisions Sony has made is for the best of the company and will only bring more investors in to push for the future of the gaming world. Sony might have hit some lows but they will pick back up. Once more games are released for the Vita, more systems will sell. Once the price comes down for the PS3 as the PS4 comes out, more systems will sell. Every company hits the low point but eventually bounce back.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 27 of 30 (44 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Feb 28, 2013
A prime example of a company hitting a low point and coming back is Nintendo. They had 2 consecutive failed game systems. The n64 did better than the GameCube, but it still did absolutely horrible and the two consoles almost made the company go bankrupt. Nintendo had gone from reviving the game industry from the crash of 1984 to struggling to survive. They needed the Wii to sell. The only thing they had going for them was handhelds (pretty much still is the only thing going for them, since nobody cares about the Wii-u and the Wii lost so much steam it was pathetic).

Now Microsoft is having trouble keeping their customers. We've had a lot of Xbox players come on the boards and say that they're leaving Microsoft to come to Sony (again in some cases). With this turn of events, Sony is very quickly taking over as #1 in the gaming industry again. As for for next Xbox console, I have seen absolutely nothing about that system that makes it have any appeal to me. Requiring an always on connection, continuing to charge for Xbox live with a supposed price increase, lower grade video card, and being focused on multimedia streaming and not gaming have all made me decide with absolute certainty that the ps4 is the way to go.
My PSN
Message 28 of 30 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4908 posts

Feb 28, 2013

armyluke wrote:

PKRFN4LIFE wrote:

LMFAO Mag is ok at best.

Definately not the first game you want to play though.

Give the man a break. He's probably still a little delirious from exposure to Xbox products.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
210+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 29 of 30 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Feb 28, 2013
There are plenty of good games to play on ps3. You have god of war, uncharted, infamous, the elder scrolls, Killzone, MAG, metal gear solid, the usual annual sports game flood, call of duty (not a choice of my own by any means), final fantasy, vanquish (which is free for ps+ subscribers), a ton of good indie games, and far to many more for me to mention.
My PSN
Message 30 of 30 (38 Views)
0 Likes