Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
2 posts

Re: 2nd ps3 super slim. Brand new out of box not reading discs.

Nov 28, 2012

okay, the man i talked to told me to exchange it. I'm sorry,  i didn't put that there. i'm just trying to figue out if i'm the only one with problems and what is causing it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 30 (474 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 28, 2012

thats what im tryna figure out why does my super slim ps3 likes to shut itself down????

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 30 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6382 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

HeroEvermore wrote:

100% correct. ps3 is garbage but im determined to find out why 2 ps3 slims arent reading discs. If thats not garbage to you idk what is lol. but hey keep posting uncostructive posts that dont pertain to the topic at all. Well done lol

did you  activitae everything 1st before you  popped a disk in.. the super slim is far from garbage..  the majority  of them already  come updated  from my understanding. But if you  did  do a update you shouldntt be having problems.

i suggest keep the ps3 off the rug and off the floor  activate everything read the manual 1st before you do anything.. some product might just  be faulty . hey look I once bought new  bmw and it  broke down   on the highway  from the place i bought it the same exact day. That doesnt  mean bmw is garbage, Some products are  just  faulty .  Instead of going back to that place you bought it go some where else. Maybe its the place you bought it from  handling and care fault.

Alot of time they  are throwing boxes off  the  truck in the  store in the back of the place, they dont care its the holiday season  fast pace enviroment,. Try buying somewhere else.  Also try telling the   person at sony over the  phone where you bought  and let  them  know what going  from that store, file a complaint at that store as well .. 

Btw i got another bmw from the factory  at the end of that week, no miles :smileyhappy:

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 30 (452 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 27, 2013
Ive had 3 brand new out.of the box superslim pieces of junk quit reading discs in the last 2 months
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 30 (235 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15254 posts

Apr 27, 2013

ES-ANGELOFDEATH wrote:
Ive had 3 brand new out.of the box superslim pieces of junk quit reading discs in the last 2 months

Go troll elsewhere....

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 30 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
242 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2013

I actually had to return my first Super slim  the drive kept spinning up to like 4X the RPM it was supposed to and the system kept freezing.  On #2 now and all has been well thus far.  That said i do agree the 30% is a load of bull..that approaches the RROD rate on 360 and you saw how much attention that got.  If the new superslims were hitting even 10% it would be all over media and gaming websites.  It could be perhaps that one walmart got a really bad UPS driver with their last shipment?  As after returning #1, #2 has been perfectly fine for quite some time now.  Before that any model i have purchased never failed i just like getting the newest model constantly so i sold/traded them out.

P.S Ironically my defective #1 was also purchased at a Walmart..makes you wonder the link between minimum wage employees and handling of expensive electronics?

PlayStation 4
Playstation 3
3DSXL Cosmo Black
Vita 2000 (Slim) Black Borderlands 2 bundle
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU6bsOtsK8T5BA1zTZ1458g
Owner of LiquidEvilGaming Youtube channel
@LiquidEvilGames Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 30 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Apr 27, 2013

it's not just walmart,i remember when i worked at UPS back in 2000 2001 and i worked specifically in the Gateway computer shipment area and we would literally throw them things around like they was invincible but there was no way you could have baby handled the things or you would have been out of the job not meeting your quota..

i know several people that work at Amazon in Lexington KY. and they do the exact same thing with all kinds of goods..so it's pretty safe to say this happens everywhere..lol

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 30 (216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 27, 2013

I've only bought one super slim, got it from amazon so it had to endure shipping, and it has been running like a champ. It was even left on for about 3 weeks straight downloading dlc and games and just simply forgot to turn it off a few times , and it runs better than my regular slim. I know some people think it's ugly and hate the diskdrive, but I actually like it's looks and the Diskdrive.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 30 (211 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15254 posts

Apr 28, 2013

kythunder wrote:

it's not just walmart,i remember when i worked at UPS back in 2000 2001 and i worked specifically in the Gateway computer shipment area and we would literally throw them things around like they was invincible but there was no way you could have baby handled the things or you would have been out of the job not meeting your quota..

i know several people that work at Amazon in Lexington KY. and they do the exact same thing with all kinds of goods..so it's pretty safe to say this happens everywhere..lol

Walmart employees tended to purposefully mishandle all sort of items because they are overworked and underpaid.

Plenty of videos proving that.

this is why I simply don't shop at walmart and support my local businesses. 

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 30 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 28, 2013
I have an idea how about taking a brand new xbox out the box and plug it in that should fix everything. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 30 (182 Views)