Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 23 2013
By: dulun18 Ghost of Sparta 15631 posts

19 HOURS! just to format a 320GB PS3 ..

46 replies 991 views Edited Jan 23, 2013

i didn't know it would take this long...

My ps3 has some problem with starting up..  so i formatted it to pack it up and return to costco..

it's enough for me to go to work.. came back.. sleep and then wake up in the morning.. it should be ready by 7AM in the morning!!  LOL:smileyhappy:

19hours for a 320GB.. i don't want to know how long it will take for a 500GB ps3...

next gen console.. maybe SSD ??  maybe??

To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
Forum Survival Tips for New Members
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
**********The LAST GUARDIAN**********
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 47 (991 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Re: 19 HOURS! just to format a 320GB PS3 ..

Jan 23, 2013

Just a simple tip to you, to quickly format the HDD go to safe mode it will be much faster.

SONY IS GUILTY OF: "False Advertising" and Undisclosed dishonest business practices

HomeStuck "Main" - PlushyPillow "PS PLUS ONLY"
Message 2 of 47 (988 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15631 posts

Jan 23, 2013

HomeStuck_ wrote:

Just a simple tip to you, to quickly format the HDD go to safe mode it will be much faster.

I'm returning the system..

so i want to wipe all my personal data on the system securely..

Message 3 of 47 (984 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Jan 23, 2013

No actually you are making a right choice. You should return them my PS3 i dont use as much i bought a game a few days ago and it was fun while it lasted but really the PS3 is not a good buy at all my brother wants a PS3 so im going to give him mine once i get a new graphics card for my computer that i need for my designing.

SONY IS GUILTY OF: "False Advertising" and Undisclosed dishonest business practices

Message 4 of 47 (982 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15631 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

HomeStuck_ wrote:

No actually you are making a right choice. You should return them my PS3 i dont use as much i bought a game a few days ago and it was fun while it lasted but really the PS3 is not a good buy at all my brother wants a PS3 so im going to give him mine once i get a new graphics card for my computer that i need for my designing.

:/ i'm not a PC gamer..   never was..

I'm a console gamer..   my brother has a 360..  i have a PS3.

I'm returning the system... yes.. but i'm not abandon the system.. since i have 60+ games for the system. so..   it's my console of choice..

I'm returning it to get another one.

I have the Move bundle version 320GB PS3.. (slim version??)    i'm returning it to get the 500GB AC III bundle with the Book of spell move bundle.. while saving some money with the returns :smileyhappy:    all thanks to costco FULL REFUND :smileyhappy:

so. returning a $432 bundle..  to get a $345 bundle   and save the rest :smileyhappy: i'm  a happy gamer :smileyhappy:

I play on the weekend while  working from home...since i'm working 7 days/week..  so the PS3 is my system of choice..

I have to admit though...  my brother 360 sounded like a leaf blower when it's on..  :smileyhappy:  LOL

Message 5 of 47 (977 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Not to me when it comes to PS3 i have to justify it because its not true what they say about it the PS3 does not have better graphics compared to the Xbox the Xbox has a stronger GPU you know its obviously the CPU but again they always claim graphics look better and no not really i done enough comparisons with my friends 360 and the Xbox does stand out with things like colors and of course smoother and better looking graphics and framerate etc.. but im not going to go against your decition.

Im getting rid of my PS3 because there are so many things i hate about the thing that its unbarable to keep i want it out of my life and what better to do than give it to your older brother sounds great to me : )

Im a Heart and Soul developer and i make my own software that i would normally provide to my loved ones or even friends free of charge i do mostly graphics design and work with things like Photoshop, After Effects and 3D modeling. I didnt think about PC Gaming so i might go for that.

Message 6 of 47 (970 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15631 posts

Jan 23, 2013

HomeStuck_ wrote:

Not to me when it comes to PS3 i have to justify it because its not true what they say about it the PS3 does not have better graphics compared to the Xbox the Xbox has a stronger GPU you know its obviously the CPU but again they always claim graphics look better and no not really i done enough comparisons with my friends 360 and the Xbox does stand out with things like colors and of course smoother and better looking graphics and framerate etc.. but im not going to go against your decition.

i do prefer graphic.. but not to be point to be a PC gamer..

which is why i decide between the 360 and Ps3..    and not even bother with the wii ...

but .. I'm a console gamer for a few simple reasons

1- price

2- convenience/ease of use

3-no upgrade to the system .. and games that i bought for the system 2-3 yrs ago or recent  on can still play on the same system

with a console if need..  friends and family can join as well.. :smileyhappy:  OFFLINE

Message 7 of 47 (964 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Well a console is a console and if we do thinks like modding its just going to get complicated because they dont want us to mod our own legally owned purchased systems..

I mod my computer all the time i replace one thing put in another thing and even install other Operating Systems.

I use Windows Vista and Windows 7 i tried Windows 8 and i hate it.

I have had my computer for a few years and works fine no problems if it comes to a console you should only buy it once not buy another one and consoles fail by time thats one thing i hate about the PS3 it does have problems and its amazing how people who are so inlove with the thing deny the facts no matter how factual they are.

I prefer PC really i already have a External Blu Ray drive so i dont need the PS3

Message 8 of 47 (962 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15581 posts

Jan 23, 2013

HomeStuck_ wrote:

Im getting rid of my PS3 because there are so many things i hate about the thing that its unbarable to keep i want it out of my life and what better to do than give it to your older brother sounds great to me : )

Im a Heart and Soul developer and i make my own software that i would normally provide to my loved ones or even friends free of charge i do mostly graphics design and work with things like Photoshop, After Effects and 3D modeling. I didnt think about PC Gaming so i might go for that.

If you hate the PS3 so much.... why the heck are you still here?

Are you getting paid to troll or something?

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 9 of 47 (929 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3101 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013
It should not take longer then an hour, I think that's what it took for my 500gb.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Message 10 of 47 (858 Views)
0 Likes