MVP Support
6110 posts

Re: 143 PSOne Classics so Far now on the Vita (US)

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013
PSOne Classics Added to PS Vita Store - APRIL 9th 2013

Evergreen Avenue

Favorite Dear ~Jyunpaku no Yogensha~

Mahjong Youchien Tamago-gumi

US Vita PS1 Release Meeting this week (*Fake*) 

Sony Employee #1: Negotiations are still going terrible with Activision, they still feel burned over the fact Sony Europe didn't go through them to put Crash Bandicoot on another platform with a new licensing agreement and fee.

Sony Head Honcho: Well, keep trying, what do they want? I got my checkbook here...

Sony Employee 2: Well... they are asking for backpay for Sony Europe's blunder and a new licensing Deal and fee for both US and Europe to allow Vita owners to buy and play Crash and Spyro...

Sony Head Honcho *pen in hand*: How much?...

Sony Employee #3: This is Bobby Kotick sir... the amount is too much still, I assure you. They mentioned it HAD to be a bundled deal and the Spyro name is a dollar amount not to laugh at due to the hit Skylanders franchise.

Sony Head Honcho *slams fist on table*: HOW MUCH!!!

*Room is Quiet for a couple seconds*

Sony Employee #1 *leans forward in chair*: You set us three to make these BC deals for PS1 games, it's hard enough without you yelling at us...

Sony Employee #2 *adds to conversation*: ...Agreed. Again, the amount is too high. It won't matter if we got them, we wouldn't be able to make back a quarter of the purchase amount through consumer sales at all...

Sony Head Honcho *raises eyebrow*: Are you saying I will have to sell another Sony Building of ours?

Sony Employee #3 *coughs after answering in a squeky voice at first*: ...we're saying... even that won't be enough sir - I'm sorry.

Sony Head Honcho *pulls out chair from under him and tosses it out the window after a few... words, lady secretary comes in with another chair for him to sit down*: So...ummm... community want's more PS1 games to buy for Vita, this BLUNDER we wanted to do this week isn't going to happen I see.

Sony Employee #1 *hands shaking, slides a turned over piece of paper to him*: we... we.. had a plan B...

Sony Head Honcho *looks at Paper and starts laughing, loudly, and gets up out of chair and walks out of the room after slamming the door*

Sony Employee #2 *looks at #1*: What did you write down, I don't think I was part of what you guys chatted about when it comes to "Plan B".

Sony Employee #3 *looks at #2 and then #1, both nod*: just like last time....

Japanese PS1 games probably no one is ever going to buy...

*Puts on sunglasses slowly and "YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!" heard in the background*

Message 71 of 103 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Re: 143 PSOne Classics on Vita so far... (US 04/09)

Apr 10, 2013
What I don't get is can play station please stop releasing all **bleep** games were never gonna download them why don't you put games on we actually will.
Message 72 of 103 (546 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6110 posts

Re: 146 PSOne Classics so Far now on the Vita (US)

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013
Message 73 of 103 (464 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

For the love of freaking god, where is Crash Bandicoot or Spyro? This is ridiculous, I hear people giving various answers as to why it isn't on American psn. I've been waiting for a long time now, Sony for the love of god please just put it on American psn and I will throw my money at you Smiley Sad. I'm not asking for an HD remake, or for them as playable characters in PSABR, just for a ported version on psone classics, so I can enjoy the franchises I grew up with on the go. Seriously does anyone know of a logical explanation to this?

Message 74 of 103 (422 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11160 posts

May 15, 2013

Rayfist090 wrote:

For the love of freaking god, where is Crash Bandicoot or Spyro? This is ridiculous, I hear people giving various answers as to why it isn't on American psn. I've been waiting for a long time now, Sony for the love of god please just put it on American psn and I will throw my money at you Smiley Sad. I'm not asking for an HD remake, or for them as playable characters in PSABR, just for a ported version on psone classics, so I can enjoy the franchises I grew up with on the go. Seriously does anyone know of a logical explanation to this?

Best guess is licensing.  Activision owns both Crash and Spyro, as evidenced by the fact Spyro is multiplatform, now (Skylanders).

Message 75 of 103 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2116 posts

May 15, 2013

I would almost bet it had to do money. Who gets what percent of it. If they have the ability to sell everyelse in the world it does not seem that gitting the license for it would not be that much trouble.

Message 76 of 103 (410 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

Hm... do any of you think we can EVER expect to see Crash and Spyro on the Vita in NA at some point? Or never Smiley Sad?
I mean I don't understand why it is available on the American PSN for ps3 and psp- but not Vita- you may as well release it for the Vita if it is on those.

Message 77 of 103 (406 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: 146 PSOne Classics on Vita so far... (US 05/07)

Sep 1, 2013
Iam 24 years old I never purchased final fantasy ix. Ive beeb trying to buy download on my ps vita ever since I bought it 6 days ago. But it says am not eligible to buy this content. I cant find it in my ps store though. I go to the website to try and buy it snd it gives me this messge. Is being in a gulf country make a difference? I live in kuwait and I think am old enough to buy the game. So whats the problem here??
Message 78 of 103 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Re: 146 PSOne Classics on Vita so far... (US 05/07)

Sep 2, 2013

+1 to Spyro and Crash Bandicoot.

Anyone know why they haven't added Digimon World? That game was a classic and I'd literally kill to play it on the vita.

Hi!
Message 79 of 103 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Re: 115 PSOne Classics on Vita so far... (US 10/9)

Sep 2, 2013

WHERES RUGRATS: SEARCH FOR REPTAR??!!?!!?

Message 80 of 103 (228 Views)
0 Likes