MVP Support
6209 posts

Re: 131 PSOne Classics so Far now on the Vita (US)

Feb 14, 2013

Nevi901 wrote:

Whoa, this got stickied. Congrats! Smiley Happy

Thanks, I hope the thread will help people out to see what PSOne Classics are availible to buy on the Vita Store. I also hope that Sony might stop by this thread and appreciate it, maybe spark an interest in some sort of "Request your games and we'll try our best to get them for ya"... wishful thinking yeah, but for now, we can all enjoy the vids of the games we each loved in our younger years Smiley Wink!

Message 31 of 103 (518 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Hopefully since this thread has gotten some love means that some ps1 classics are on there way. Like what's the hold up already, I had to create a UK account just so I could play Blood Omen and MGS: Portable Ops, but switching back and forth between accounts bites big time.

Message 32 of 103 (503 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 14, 2013
I don't see Castlevania: SOTN on the ps vita store
Message 33 of 103 (474 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Feb 14, 2013

You need to search for it in the store. Either the PS Vita, PS3 or the PC store are fine. Once you buy it, you can download it from your download history.

Message 34 of 103 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Re: 131 PSOne Classics on Vita so far... (US 02/12)

Feb 15, 2013
Still waiting for Fear Effect & Fear Effect 2: Retro to be released on the PSN. C'mon, Sony, do you want to make money or not?!
Message 35 of 103 (441 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

CharityElizabeth wrote:
Still waiting for Fear Effect & Fear Effect 2: Retro to be released on the PSN. C'mon, Sony, do you want to make money or not?!

You can do what I did if you are sick of waiting. Here's what i did: I went and purchased a 4 gb memory card. I set up a UK PSN account. I followed a video on IGN (it's on their PS Vita wiki on how to switch and set up multiple psn accounts). I went online and purchased a UK PSN card (code was e-mailed to me instantaneously). Also, you will need a UK address when setting up the account. I found a UK address online and I don't live in the UK. Once everything was all set up. I purchased Fear effect 1 and 2 and Legacy of Kain Blood Omen. I am currently playing them on my Vita now.

The only draw back is that the Vita has to be restored to factory settings everytime you switch accounts, and you have to sit through the intro video each time. But on the plus side I have a greater selection of ps1 classics and psp games.

In my opinion Fear Effect looks and plays great on the Vita.

Don't expect the PSN store to make these games available soon since they have already stated that they will not request these games from the game publishers. They want the publishers to make them available to the PSN store. Unfortunately it probably just takes one phone call from the PSN store to the game publishers to get these games but the people who work at the NA PSN store don't care.

Message 36 of 103 (433 Views)
Splicer
55 posts

Feb 15, 2013

OMG! Smiley Surprised  These games have been out on the UK PSN all this time?!  Grease Monkey, you better not be kidding me!  Is there a way I can get on the UK PSN thru the internet to check them out?

With 2.0, it says that you can't switch accounts anymore on the same memory card!  Can't you just have 2 different memory cards.  One for the NA PSN with your PS1 classics on it and one memory card for the UK PSN without having to restore to factory settings everytime?!  Thanks!

"This place may be a virtual world but my feelings are very real." - Lightning Flash Asuna, Sword Art Online

SAO3.jpg

Message 37 of 103 (420 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Feb 16, 2013

CharityElizabeth wrote:

OMG! Smiley Surprised  These games have been out on the UK PSN all this time?!  Grease Monkey, you better not be kidding me!  Is there a way I can get on the UK PSN thru the internet to check them out?

With 2.0, it says that you can't switch accounts anymore on the same memory card!  Can't you just have 2 different memory cards.  One for the NA PSN with your PS1 classics on it and one memory card for the UK PSN without having to restore to factory settings everytime?!  Thanks!

"This place may be a virtual world but my feelings are very real." - Lightning Flash Asuna, Sword Art Online

SAO3.jpg

You just need a memory card for each PSN account you have. So one for your NA account and one for your UK account. I do recommend it even though the resetting of the Vita is a hassle, but you get a greater selection of games. And come on people isn't that what we all want!

Message 38 of 103 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Re: 115 PSOne Classics on Vita so far... (US 10/9)

Feb 16, 2013

I want PS2 classics on the vita

Message 39 of 103 (394 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Re: 115 PSOne Classics on Vita so far... (US 10/9)

Feb 16, 2013

grazspaz wrote:

I want PS2 classics on the vita

We all want PS2 classics on the Vita. If they can put GTA 3 on the crappy iphone, why is it not on the Vita. Someone really needs a kick in the arse for not doing the leg work on this.

Message 40 of 103 (374 Views)
0 Likes