Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Re: 1.8 million Vitas sold

May 11, 2012

You have to put it this way, the 3DS launched globally, while the vita was only in one territory for almost two months, also while being only launched in japan, it got a bad rep from the people over the Internet.

Message 11 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

May 11, 2012

Actually 1.8 million sold at this point is horrible. The 3DS's lineup was one of the worst lineups I've ever seen. The Vita's lineup was ok though, Like I've said before little kids can't get enough of Nintendo's products and there are few good new (not ports) Japanese Vita games. With games like Monster Hunter 4 coming for 3DS of course Japanese gamers are going to choose the 3DS. In the future when the Vita gets very popular games that appeal to Japanese gamers and other popular games that appeal to western gamers I think sales will rise.

Photobucket
psvitaheaven.wordpress.com

Message 12 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2068 posts

May 11, 2012

If you look at what is selling in devices now it is multi purpose devices.It would be nice if us as gamers could carry the load.But we are just a small portion of the large group that needs to buy the vita.And right now only half the gamers wont one.That is why the more they can make it do the better.That way the average joe blow from 10 to 80 wants one.You dont have to use it all, if you want to just play the games.If everyone had to have one no matter what the reason sells go way up and all companys wont a part of it.Including game companys.There would be more games than you could play before the last one got old and went on sell.But with everything that is out there now single perpose devices dont sell good.Times have changed in electronics.Something to think about.People dont call others that much on cell phones any more.90% of the time the use it for every thing but calling.

Message 13 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

May 11, 2012

Yep. The Gameboy was amazing. Before that, there was the LED games of the 70s and 80s. In another 30 years, what will we be playing? I remember seeing Dragons Lair for the first time in my local arcade. Not knowing that Don Bluth had given us a glimpse into the future of what we would be playing in real time, 30 years in the future. Games like Skyrim, that allow you to do what you want, when you want in a wide open, realistic game world.

I just wish I could take some of the people here in these forums back with me to the 70s and 80s. Just to see how far we have come and let them soak in some of the history, so that they can fully appreciate the present.

Like you guys, Id be totally happy with the Vita being just a game machine. If it were, maybe it would eliminate the skepticism that surrounds it. The funny thing is... People complain because there is no youtube, no flash, no email... I wonder if these very people are even playing games at all, or is their credit too bad to get a phone... We have a portable videogame system that mimics the feature set of its console cousins. Yet they want features that could be accomplished on a $50 tablet. So, why just not buy that tablet? Save the extra $300 and be happy with their social networking machine.

Its just tiring seeing all of the bitching on these forums. While everyone does have their right to their own opinion, they have to realize that they bought a game machine... first and foremost. It was made as a portable console alternative to play games. Not as a social networking tablet that can play games.

The focus needs to be on getting games out, not apps. Id imagine at $300+, people would opt to buy the Ipad over the Vita, if their focus was purely on social networking. Youtube, Flash, Skype, etc... will not sell Vitas. Great games will. When the games come, so will sales and the development of future apps.

Message 14 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

May 14, 2012

TMAZT3R wrote:

You have to put it this way, the 3DS launched globally, while the vita was only in one territory for almost two months, also while being only launched in japan, it got a bad rep from the people over the Internet.

The way Vita launched is the standard way japaneses comapanies have been releasing their consoles so you can't really use that to say that it's okay that the Vita launched with such a small number of sales.

And yes the 3DS launched Globablly but the 3DS still made more in that 1st month than the vita has made in it's entire lifespan including the time after the vita became avalible in most places.

I'm not saying that the 3DS is better than the Vita or even that that this spells disaster for sony. It should be pretty clear that the Vita's launch was a failure and currently it's in bad shape as far as sales.

They will really need to prove to investors and comapanies that their console will be relavant in the future. The 2012 holiday season is going to be super importaint for the vita they need to get games out there that will make people want a vita for christmas.

Message 15 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

May 14, 2012

The 3DS ONLY sold better because of the price drop. The hardware isn't worth paying $250 for but Vita's is. But Vita had way better software at launch.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 16 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

May 14, 2012

Oh well, I like my VITA very much, I usually play until the battery dies.  I would still like more shooters!!! 

CapnCwby1969 Trophy Card
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 17 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

May 14, 2012

ScreamAimFire999 wrote:

The 3DS ONLY sold better because of the price drop. The hardware isn't worth paying $250 for but Vita's is. But Vita had way better software at launch.

Please visit my PlayStation blog at playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

Thank you somebody who understands, if they kept the same price, I would expect them to have a very close competition between the two. By next christmas, I have very high expectations that the vita will be selling very good with call of duty and other high selling games, plus by then ps one will be out so will playstation suite.

Message 18 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

May 14, 2012

Youll be getting one at the end of the month buddy, it is gonna be hella fun.

Message 19 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13608 posts

May 15, 2012

TMAZT3R wrote:

ScreamAimFire999 wrote:

Please visit my PlayStation blog at playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

Thank you somebody who understands, if they kept the same price, I would expect them to have a very close competition between the two. By next christmas, I have very high expectations that the vita will be selling very good with call of duty and other high selling games, plus by then ps one will be out so will playstation suite.

But even before the price drop, the 3DS had more units sold by this time. That's what I was talking about earlier (and I don't just mean globally, per region as well).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 20 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes