PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: 1.8 million Vitas sold

May 15, 2012

I don't think anyone is debating if the Vita is worth $250, I think it is. However in today's marketplace, many people already own simular devices (smartphones/tablets) that overlaps some of the customers and marketshare. Because of this I believe the Vita needs to be lowered by at least $50 to gain a reasonable amount of interest from potential customers...

Message 21 of 24 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6428 posts

May 15, 2012

Even if the Vita had software launch line up like the 3DS, it would have sold plenty if Sony dropped the price down to $169.99. Probably more than the 3DS. But that handheld came out first so it has the advantage. Most people that bought a 3DS aren't going to buy a Vita too.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 22 of 24 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

May 15, 2012

When are people going to realize, the reason why the Wii, DS , 3DS sell so well in Japan, because.. Nintendo IS JAPAN. They are the original gaming company from Japan, there has been GENERATIONS of loyalist for nintendo.. that's just the way it is, it sells well because its all about loyalty in Japan. It has nothing to do which is better and blah blah blah.

Everyone is like this, everyone stays with what they got first.. I got a Sega first, i stayed with them no matter what until they went out of the hardware business. I went to sony been with them since, because they where all my first.. Just like with my car, first car was a Honda.. I wont go to any other type of car.. just because.. it is human nature to stick with what you know and there is nothign wrong with that.

Sony will NEVER get nintendo like numbers because they will never be able to win over nintendo loyalist and trust me there are a lot.. but who cares as long as Vita does just fine in other countries, and start doing decen in Japan.. we will all get the support from sony we want.

Photobucket

Message 23 of 24 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
258 posts

May 16, 2012

TMAZT3R wrote:

ScreamAimFire999 wrote:

The 3DS ONLY sold better because of the price drop. The hardware isn't worth paying $250 for but Vita's is. But Vita had way better software at launch.

Please visit my PlayStation blog at playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

Thank you somebody who understands, if they kept the same price, I would expect them to have a very close competition between the two. By next christmas, I have very high expectations that the vita will be selling very good with call of duty and other high selling games, plus by then ps one will be out so will playstation suite.

Incorrect. All my numbers were from the First Full Month the 3DS was launched. In the first full month the 3DS was released it sold almost twice as many units as the Vita sold in it's entire 6 month life span. The 3DS price cut wasn't even announced till at least 3 months after release.

The Vita is doing shitty and thats not a slight on the console, or the games that are out, its a slight on sony's poor job of getting studios to prepare games for their console. The only studio I know had their hands on a vita long enough before launch to prepare a good product is Netherelm studio. If i remember correctly they had MK9 running at almost 30FPS on the vita before they had relased MK9 on home consoles. They had almost nothing for the Japanesse audience ready at launch and thats where they launched 1st, in fact they still have almost nothing for the Japanese audence.

Message 24 of 24 (9 Views)
0 Likes